Is the rap on Marshawn Lynch fair or unfair?

It's the media doing the bashing of this kid. The two incidents that are talked about were a case of mistaken identity in the drive by shooting at him and the sexual assault and battery of an ex-girlfriend was dropped because of a lack of evidence and no visible scares, which is believed to be her trying to get money out of him.This is a good kid and a very good player I would love to see the Bills draft at #12 even if some believe it is a reach at that spot. That was believed to be the case with Whitner last year at #8.

It's the media doing the bashing of this kid. The two incidents that are talked about were a case of mistaken identity in the drive by shooting at him and the sexual assault and battery of an ex-girlfriend was dropped because of a lack of evidence and no visible scares, which is believed to be her trying to get money out of him.This is a good kid and a very good player I would love to see the Bills draft at #12 even if some believe it is a reach at that spot. That was believed to be the case with Whitner last year at #8.

Point taken on Whitner.

We have a lot of pretty decent options picking at 12. There is not doubt that we need a RB, a CB, a LB, a DT and probably a TE. There will be some very good players at all those positons available at 12. You have Willis at LB, Lynch at RB, maybe Okoye or Branch at DT; Hall, Houston and Revis at CB and all the best TE's. We can hardly go wrong with any of those guys. I like the depth at RB and CB for the second round so I am pulling for Willis but I won't at all be disappointed with Lynch or even Houston.

We have a lot of pretty decent options picking at 12. There is not doubt that we need a RB, a CB, a LB, a DT and probably a TE. There will be some very good players at all those positons available at 12. You have Willis at LB, Lynch at RB, maybe Okoye or Branch at DT; Hall, Houston and Revis at CB and all the best TE's. We can hardly go wrong with any of those guys. I like the depth at RB and CB for the second round so I am pulling for Willis but I won't at all be disappointed with Lynch or even Houston.

The biggest drawback for me in taking a RB in the first rd is that we still have other issues to resolve aka LB, CB, and even DT. That's why trading for Turner without

involving our 1st rder is attractive for me. If that can happen then we can use the 1st rder for defense. Drafting Lynch kills that thought.

They Bills have a need at DT? They have 4 on the roster, one was a 1st rounder last year who missed most of the year after an injury (and apparently it was fixed right this time so he shouldn't re-injure it) and have tendered another DT and a DE that could play DT if needed. I think DT isn't on the radar when it comes to 1st day picks.

RB and LB are the needs. CB is not a huge hole, sure upgrading from McGee would be nice, but that doesn't make it a need. They have a replacement for Clements that they found in the draft last year (Youbouty) so picking a CB in the 1st would be more of a luxury pick. The have 3 TE's, Royal (who they are big on) and Cieslak (who they also like and is versatile enough to also play FB) and Everett who has not shown the team anything, hardly a pressing need.

They Bills have a need at DT? They have 4 on the roster, one was a 1st rounder last year who missed most of the year after an injury (and apparently it was fixed right this time so he shouldn't re-injure it) and have tendered another DT and a DE that could play DT if needed. I think DT isn't on the radar when it comes to 1st day picks.

RB and LB are the needs. CB is not a huge hole, sure upgrading from McGee would be nice, but that doesn't make it a need. They have a replacement for Clements that they found in the draft last year (Youbouty) so picking a CB in the 1st would be more of a luxury pick. The have 3 TE's, Royal (who they are big on) and Cieslak (who they also like and is versatile enough to also play FB) and Everett who has not shown the team anything, hardly a pressing need.

There is if Carriker is still on the board. Do you really want to go into the season with the speculation of a doctor. The guy injured the same foot TWICE! That DE has been tendered but he hasn't signed it as of yet. Three out of the five DTs are suited for the same position, we need one to take on two blockers. Carriker can provide that. Walker, Tripplett and McCargo aren't looked at for this need.

There is if Carriker is still on the board. Do you really want to go into the season with the speculation of a doctor. The guy injured the same TWICE! That DE has been tendered but he hasn't signed it as of yet. Three out of the five DTs are suited for the same position, we need one to take on two blockers. Carriker can provide that. Walker, Tripplett and McCargo aren't looked at for this need.

Yes, but the reason he broke it again was because they didn't fix it properly the first time, this time they have and he is supposed to come back at 100%

Just like I said with the CB spot, picking another DT in the first (or first day) is a luxury pick.

Yes, but the reason he broke it again was because they didn't fix it properly the first time, this time they have and he is supposed to come back at 100%

Just like I said with the CB spot, picking another DT in the first (or first day) is a luxury pick.

Sorry, I disagree. If Carriker is there, we take him.

Well if you disagree that must mean marv will take him, because taking him makes so much sense

It does if you believe in building the trenches. Marv just did that on the offensive side of the ball. What you're saying is that our D-Line is all set and I don't see it. There's no need to be sarcastic. According to what your saying is that we should count on McCargo's foot to be 100%, rely on an aging DT in Walker and expect Hargrove to sign his tender and use him as a DT if all else fails. Is that about accurate? The DEs and DTs are very limited in this draft and will be well off the board by the middle of the 1st rd. There is the possibility of moving back into the 1st rd for a LB or even taking one in the 2nd rd. I think that makes sense, don't you?

DE just isn't a need. We've got Kelsay, Denney and Schobel locked up for a while. Carriker, as a DE, wouldn't make sense considering our needs at LB, RB, CB and maybe DT. DT, if not addressed in the 1st, I think will be addressed on the 2nd day - looking for a replacement for Anderson. Keith Jackson Jr. looks like a good fit to me.

The accusations against Lynch appear to be reasonably excusable as they were not caused by bad action on his part. However, with the Bills heightened emphasis on character issues, it simply is not unreasonable to see the braintrust seeing character issues being a reason to pass on a not-guilty Lynch as they may not want a player who even needs reasonable excuses for unfortunate events.

The major factor will simply likely be how Marv (or other key evaluators felt when they shook Lynch's hand and looked him in the eye. If they felt affinity for him, then he is a possibility (though he looks like one they can trade down a few spots and still get). However, if the did not feel any affinity for him (even if it was just because one party or the other happened to be having a bad hair day) then they will likely pass.

My sense is that the true directing factor on this choice will be Ralph deciding that he was annoyed enough with WM he did not want to own the rights to this prima donna. If Lynch comes off at all as prideful or even with a normal amount of ego for an athlete, I think the Bills will pass regardless of his play on the field.

McGahee has potential as well, but the Bills have come down firmly that great potential (which is the rookie story) does not overcome any lack of good feelings.

It does if you believe in building the trenches. Marv just did that on the offensive side of the ball. What you're saying is that our D-Line is all set and I don't see it. There's no need to be sarcastic. According to what your saying is that we should count on McCargo's foot to be 100%, rely on an aging DT in Walker and expect Hargrove to sign his tender and use him as a DT if all else fails. Is that about accurate? The DEs and DTs are very limited in this draft and will be well off the board by the middle of the 1st rd. There is the possibility of moving back into the 1st rd for a LB or even taking one in the 2nd rd. I think that makes sense, don't you?

No, what I am saying is that for this year, what the Bills have does not require immediate upgrading. The DT's have only had one year to play in the new system with the new coaches. A DT might be needed next season if McCargo re-injures himself, or Triplett is proven as a complete bust. What are they going to do with this new DT from the draft? they can only hold so many players on their roster, and I doubt they keep more then 4 DE's and 4 DT's

As of right now, the lines seem to be set, if it doesn't workout, next offseason will be used to address it. This year theres too much to fill in other positions like LB and RB to use a pick on a luxury

DE just isn't a need. We've got Kelsay, Denney and Schobel locked up for a while. Carriker, as a DE, wouldn't make sense considering our needs at LB, RB, CB and maybe DT. DT, if not addressed in the 1st, I think will be addressed on the 2nd day - looking for a replacement for Anderson. Keith Jackson Jr. looks like a good fit to me.

No, Carriker should be used primarily in the middle of our defense but he can also be used like Richard Seymour. He can be used all up and down the D-Line. His versatility will pay dividends for years to come, long after Walker is retired and working in his construction company.

Didn't they get that in the Trade for TKO?

DE just isn't a need. We've got Kelsay, Denney and Schobel locked up for a while. Carriker, as a DE, wouldn't make sense considering our needs at LB, RB, CB and maybe DT.

You are correct about it not being a need but Carriker is easy to like. A 6'6 290 lb skinny kid who can play anywhere that you need along the line is going to make sense to some one. Probably not Marv, but who knows.

Lynch at 12 seems a luxury to me on a team that has trouble stopping the run.

Tipster...

I absolutely agree with you that Marv likes to biuld in the trenchs....but I would also agree that he has DONE THAT.....

McCargo, Williams, Fowler, Pennington, Butler last year

Trade for DT, and 3 new O linmen this year

That is definatley a focus on the lines that we have been crying for......

I think that the bills would like to get Turner if he can be had for the right price......but I also think that they would love to have Lynch or Peterson.....

There does appear to be some good linebacker options in the 2nd round (or trading up into the first) and lets not forget June 1st cuts.......

http://admin.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4694

I found another link that I should post that has his teammates saying that you couldn't ask for a better teammate than Marshawn. It makes you wonder what the truth is behind this young man. I'm getting the impression that he would be the consumate teammate and player.

From what little I know, he seems like a real good kid. No character issues here, IMO. My info comes from watching a few of his interviews, reading his comments in the paper (and online) and talking to two SF Sportscasters who cover Cal. They think he's a real good human being.

As for on the field, the kid really does it all...and all pretty well. The only knock is on his blocking skills..and he admits that is an area where he needs work (no attitude, here). But, his blocking is not THAT bad, and he is VERY willing. To me, that's half the battle right there.

I think he'd be GREAT (not good) for the Bills, but I also think we have bigger needs. If he ends up a Bill, I'd be happy, but he wouldn't be my pick this year (at least not at #12).