Mike Gandy...

...that the Orioles and Twins play tonight at 7:05 p.m. followed by the Angles and the Rangers at 10:00. I'll update you with other reports as they scroll.

PS - NFL news coming in about three minutes...hold on....ok...Cards sign Mike Gandy...phew, glad I can type fast. <_<

Oh, i love ignorance.

The FIRST CRITERIA on getting ANY comp picks is this:

Did you lose more players than you gained?

The SECOND CRITERIA is

What is the value difference between what you lost and what you gained.

Without #1 there ARE NO COMP PICKS (except for a possible 7th if the value difference is very large)

So the KEY to us getting comp picks next year is to lose more players than we signed. I dont think Wittle will qualify as a player gained. IF gandy qualifies as a player lost, we now have lost 3 players and gained 2...thus allowing us to recieve a pick higer than the possible 7th rounder.

The actual salaries do matter...but ONLY if you lose more than you gain (in raw numbers). Them's the facts.

Of course if we sign another qualified FA, it doesnt matter. But there arent too many left out there.

Isn't that what I JUST said? You said you dont know about Whittle and Gandy, and don't think they will count as FA losses and acquisitions. Now, here is my original post:

"You can't be serious. This thread is about losing scrub Gandy. Your first post in reply to this said you wanted to know the numbers and thought we could get compensation. If we do get comensation for our FA losses, it will be because Nate signed an $80 million dollar deal and we lost Fletcher, it will have nothing to do with Gandy."

I am saying the same thing as you about Gandy and essentially Whittle. I don't think the contract Gandy signed will be THAT much more than Whittle, and make a big deal in the long run.

I thought Gandy was just as bad of a guard as he was a tackle. Maybe it wasn't as evident during the line switch because of how good jason peters played and the fact we actually began to score points, but he would continually be pushed back in the run game and be overpowered on passing downs. He wasn't the worst guard ever but he wasn't very good either.

Yeah he certainly was not very good, Id say average to slightly below average as a guard. Inadequate as a tackle.

No. Neither are Cuts. Only players lost and gained in Free Agency. (Not sure how RFAs are handled)

I think that the RFA tenders & corresponding compensation takes care of that whole situation.

I'm not understanding your post. Are you saying that because Fina left for Arizona and sucked that Gandy is no good?

I am saying two things:

1) Teams NEVER get rid of guys who are good, or even fairly good LTs.

2) Gandy does suck. He sucks at LT, and he sucks at LG.

The man cannot play; good riddance.

I am saying two things:

1) Teams NEVER get rid of guys who are good, or even fairly good LTs.

2) Gandy does suck. He sucks at LT, and he sucks at LG.

The man cannot play; good riddance.

Like when Arizona didn't sign Leonard Davis this year, or when Atlanta got rid of Kevin Schaffer, or when New Orleans got rid of Wayne Gandy? I didn't even do any research those are just off the top of my head. Never say never.

funny how when we had him, all the media ever commented on about him was how BAD he was. How many times did I read prior to last year "Gandy is NOT the answer a LT for the Bills". Maybe he wasn't as good as Peters, but he was serviceable. We let him go and he's a solid addition for another team. WTF? (disclaimer, I never agreed with them as I thought Gandy was not a bad player in his role(s) with us.)

read these praises:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArS2...p&type=lgns

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2823178

funny how when we had him, all the media ever commented on about him was how BAD he was. How many times did I read prior to last year "Gandy is NOT the answer a LT for the Bills". Maybe he wasn't as good as Peters, but he was serviceable. We let him go and he's a solid addition for another team. WTF? (disclaimer, I never agreed with them as I thought Gandy was not a bad player in his role(s) with us.)

read these praises:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArS2...p&type=lgns

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2823178

Here's your answer - right at the bottom of the espn article:

"Senior writer Len Pasquarelli covers the NFL and hammers The Bills for ESPN.com."

The Yoohoo article is a copy of the Grand Master Blaster of Disaster's pontification.

Arizona's coach's name is Whisenhunt which is like German or something, for "Seeker of wisdom" or something. Their OL Coach is Russ Grimm - who's a well respected author of many children's books. How's Len gonna argue with karma like that?

Besides he's still pissed that Modrak beat him in the Philly Cheesesteak eating contest in 1999.

It's a powerful grudge man, powerful.