Spragan to visit

Dan III

Would be a decent depth guy if we could sign him for cheap.

Depth? As of right now we have Ellison and Wire starting at the OLB spots lol, I know we will probably draft a LB, but if he cant beat out those guys he should just quit football lol.

Exactly the type we should expect to fill out the linebacking corps. Experienced guys already cut or soon to be cut (Kendrell Bell ?). Levy and Jauron know what they can and can't do.

It would certainly be fun if Spragan and Haggan could line up for us at LB together.

Yeah, there is potential here. With the addition of Spragen, who is a prototypical cover-2 'backer, we will have arguably the best LB corps in the AFC. Current line-up: Spragen/Wire/Haggan. Get 'er done Marv. This will fill yet another hole before the draft, so we can concentrate on other positions like long-snapper and 4th WR. Better yet, this gives us flexibility to package our 2nd and 3rd picks to move down to snag Quinn. With our 4th, 6th, and 2 7ths, we can draft TEs that we can cut in 4 years.

Yeah, there is potential here. With the addition of Spragen, who is a prototypical cover-2 'backer, we will have arguably the best LB corps in the AFC. Current line-up: Spragen/Wire/Haggan. Get 'er done Marv. This will fill yet another hole before the draft, so we can concentrate on other positions like long-snapper and 4th WR. Better yet, this gives us flexibility to package our 2nd and 3rd picks to move down to snag Quinn. With our 4th, 6th, and 2 7ths, we can draft TEs that we can cut in 4 years.

:thumbsup: BTW, what happens with our 1st?

Depth? As of right now we have Ellison and Wire starting at the OLB spots lol, I know we will probably draft a LB, but if he cant beat out those guys he should just quit football lol.

Ellison will be a stud for this team. Wire not so much. Spragan would be good for depth and has starting experience.

Ellison was underrated at Oregon State and is a smart, instinctive player. And you can leave the "probably" out of your sentence. The biggest surprise in this draft to me would be if a linebacker is not taken-----> and probably early (more than one as well). Sorry for stating the obvious to y'all

vegan does not rhyme those homeboy.

I am an idiot...thanks for calling me on it Fake :-) Typed without thinking...

Spragan would be good depth...flexible with weakside or strongside...Stanford educated...31 years old by the time the season starts and a proven special teams guy..

Here is his scouting report from Scouts.com

Spragan has good size, strength and plays with a high motor. He is versatile enough to play either outside spot and contribute as a core special team player. He has enough functional strength to set the edge. He has above-average slide and lateral mobility. He can avoid and play through trash fairly well. He has some pursuit range and closing speed off the back side. He is a strong tackler in the box. He can open his hips and get to underneath drops in coverage. He has some anticipation as a blitzer. But Spragan lacks ideal power, agility and suddenness. He isn't a physical take-on player. His stack-and-shed isn't very explosive. He gets stuck on blocks when setting the edge and has a hard time finding the ball. He struggles to protect his lower half. He is a little stiff and lacks ideal range and stop-and-restart ability. He struggles to avoid blockers and make plays on the blitz.

That punter from Baylor, Daniel Sepulveda looks like a great pick. I think we could get him in the first if we're lucky and he solves so many of our problems. We know he can punt, but he's 6'2 230 and can run. I think his 40 time was about 4.65

So, if we draft him, we have a backup punter who could excell at LB and probably run the ball occasionally on 2nd down when A. Thomas needs a break. And I'm sure he fits in with the team's financial plans because he'll get the NFL rookie minimum.

There it is.

:thumbsup: BTW, what happens with our 1st?

We're gonna use that to get Quinn, along with our 2nd and 3rd. And there has also been a Teddy Bruschi sighting at the airport. Possibly to be the "heart and Soul" of our defense since we lost Troy Vincent, whose departure has created a void in the locker room.