(I think) This is my dream Day One of the Draft

The Bills take:

Round 1 Robert Meachem

Round 2 David Harris

Round 3a Trade with the Chargers to acquire Michael Turner

Round 3b Daymeion Hughes

I think #12 is too high for Meachem (and Lynch) but I am still trying to figure a way they can fill some of their holes picking Willis (or Lynch if they have to) in the first round.

The Bills take:

Round 1 Robert Meachem

Round 2 David Harris

Round 3a Trade with the Chargers to acquire Michael Turner

Round 3b Daymeion Hughes

I think #12 is too high for Meachem (and Lynch) but I am still trying to figure a way they can fill some of their holes picking Willis (or Lynch if they have to) in the first round.

I would love that draft/trade but i don't think we could get Turner for a #3. I suppose it's possible, but doubtful, IMO.

I realize this is a dream draft, but are you building in any realism at all? Because Turner isn't going anywhere for just a 3rd.

I agree. I keep seeing these posts where people think we are going to get Turner for just a third. This is not happening.

I too have a dream draft scenario that starts with getting Turner but it goes more like this:

The #12 pick comes up and Willis and Peterson are both gone. We pick up the phone and pull the trigger on a trade with the Chargers that we had pre-negotiated beforehand:

Swap first round picks and give them a third rounder in 2008 for Turner.

Before everyone jumps on me, this is what it will take. The Chargers want a first and third for Turner or they will keep him. This years first (we are essentially drafting Turner with our first pick) and next year's third is not bad as long as the first rounders are swapped.

Then we go something like this:

1 (pick 30 from chargers): Puz or Rufus Alexander

2 David Harris

3a Daymeion Hughes

3b Manuel Ramirez

With this scenario the Chargers get a first and third like they want but because of the swap of this year's first, we don't really lose any picks, we just move back in the first and pick up Turner. We lose a third next year but we had an extra one so it's not too painful.

Anyway, that's my dream scenario. You see I like most of your players I just feel getting the chargers to take a third for Turner is unrealistic.

Meacham is a good WR overall. He has sub 4.4 speed, is 6-3 215lbs., can catch the ball in traffic, and has pretty good leaping ability. I believe he had almost 1,300 yds receiving this past year and that's playing against SEC competition. I think he'll be a good WR for years to come barring serious injury. But I would not take him #12 over all, not with our needs being RB and LB above all else.

I believe the WRs will fall like this CJ 1-4 TG 10-16 RM 15-25 DB 20-30 DJ 25-35 SR 30-40

I believe a team will move up for Ted Ginn because of his return ability more than his pure WR ability

I believe that the Bills will trade down into the 20's and pick up a 2nd plus a second day pick

I think the Bills will take the best LB,WR,DB available Timmons, POZ, / Meachem, Bowe, Jarrett, at DB there are 4 or 5 CBs rated as 1st rounders I expect 2-3 of them to still be avail -also don't rule out the Bills grabbing a safety like Michael Griffin and converting him to CB.

I want to see us draft a WR but why Meachem so high? I am not that familiar with him and do not like too much what I have read from scouts- he seems like a soft player

He's arguably the best receiver available after Calvin Johnson but no way in hell is he worth taking at #12, especially with the Bills having far greater needs to fill than WR.

Turner for a 3rd...hmmm...Well...stranger things have hapened.

The market for Running Backs is THIN THIN THIN. Let's re-hash

NEED A RUNNING BACK NOW

Buffalo - NEEDS A RB

Tenessee - NEEDS A RB (White)

Green Bay - NEEDS A RB

Teams that could draft a RB Early

New England - Maroney

New York - Thomas Jones

Cleveland - Jamal Lewis

Houston - A. Green/Lundy/Dayne/Gado

Oakland - LaMont Jordan

Philadelphia - Westbrook

Dallas - Barber III/J. Jones

Giants - Jacobs/Droghns

Minnesota - Chester Taylor

Detroit - K. Jones/Tatum Bell/Duckett

Teams who ABSOLUTLEY wont be looking for an upgrade at RB

Miami - Ricky Williams / Ronnie Brown

Indianapolis - Addai

Pittsburgh - Willie Parker

Cincinatti - Rudi Johnson

Baltimore - McGahee

Jacksonville - Taylor/Jones-Drew

Denver - Henry/Bell

KC - Larry Johnson

San Diego - Tomlinson

Washington - Portis

Chicago - Benson

Tampa Bay - Cadillac

New Orleans - Bush/McCallister

Atlanta - Dunn/Norwood

Carolina - Foster/D. Williams

Seattle - Alexander

St. Louis - Stephen Jackson

San Fran - Gore

Arizona - Edgarrin James

I dont think the teams in "Category 2" will give up a whole lot for Turner, considering its a secondary need at this point. But lets assume for the sake of argument, Chris Brown re-signs with Tennessee, moving them back into Category 2. Adrian Peterson Goes to someone before our pick, we grab Willis and Lynch falls right to Green Bay.

Now, lets look at the landscape.

NEED A RUNNING BACK NOW

Buffalo - NEEDS A RB

Teams that could draft a RB Early

Tenessee - White/Brown

New England - Maroney

New York - Thomas Jones

Cleveland - Jamal Lewis

Houston - A. Green/Lundy/Dayne/Gado

Oakland - Jordan

Philadelphia - Westbrook

Dallas - Barber III/Jones

Giants - Jacobs/Droghns

Minnesota - Chester Taylor

Detroit - K. Jones/Tatum Bell/Duckett

Green Bay moves into Category C, as does the team who drafted Peterson. San Diego is looking at the big picture. They have a BACKUP running back who will be a UFA after the season. There wont be time for him to negotiate a contract extension during the draft. They cant really franchise a backup running back, can they? Buffalo is waiving a top-100 pick, as is maybe Philly and New York Giants (just an example). Its not fair value, but considering there is not time to work out a contract, its a considerable risk to Buffalo. San Diego needs to get SOMETHING for him.

I dont know for sure someone will get him for just a 3rd, but I dont think its outside the realm of possibility here.

I'd look at it one more way.

TEAMS THAT DRAFT BEFORE THE BILLS THAT NEED RB

3. Cleveland (Could also go DE, CB, or BPA--Calvin Johnson, Quinn)

6. Washington (RB NOT BIGGEST NEED--So Many--Could be Trade Down, DT--Okoye, Branch, DE--Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson, ILB, OT--Joe Thomas)

11. San Fran (RB NOT BIGGEST NEED--WR is very weak, so is DT)

12. Bills

I'd look at it one more way.

TEAMS THAT DRAFT BEFORE THE BILLS THAT NEED RB

3. Cleveland (Could also go DE, CB, or BPA--Calvin Johnson, Quinn)

6. Washington (RB NOT BIGGEST NEED--So Many--Could be Trade Down, DT--Okoye, Branch, DE--Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson, ILB, OT--Joe Thomas)

11. San Fran (RB NOT BIGGEST NEED--WR is very weak, so is DT)

12. Bills

WHAT? Portis and Gore and you think they need a Running Back? I am baffled you chose washington and san fran over minnesota and houston (though I dont think they need a back either)