Updated player weights

This brings up another point. Assuming Wire becomes essentially a backup LB (as he is by all accounts not suited to play safety in the cover 2), we would really have only one backup S in Leonard. Don't be surprised when we draft a safety somewhere on draft day to be groomed as a backup.

I never saw an article or topic here about why Bowen was released. I thought he played very well in preseason before he got hurt (maybe he just didn't heal right?). Anyone hear anything about this? It seems like we really need another safety, even though most people would scoff at drafting another after last year.

Making him bigger than Schobel.

Schobel's weight can't be correct. (Can it?)

I think its a typo. I always remember him being listed at 260 - 265. I even remember some article, maybe in BB.bom, some time ago where he mentioned that range as his preferred weight. Something's not right with some of these weights.

I think its a typo. I always remember him being listed at 260 - 265. I even remember some article, maybe in BB.bom, some time ago where he mentioned that range as his preferred weight. Something's not right with some of these weights.

Maybe that's what Schobel weighs after 3 months laying off the steroids? Or maybe this is a plot to make our opponents think they can block him with only their LT and no help. ....or maybe it's a typo.

It's not the tackles, my friends, its the ends. Not only that, how many times did we see them take themselves out of the play by rushing hard from the outside and leaving their gap wide open. It's not just weight, it's scheme and discipline within the scheme. Schoebel needs to gain some weight fast.

Well you basicaly answered you're own concern it is the scheme. The whole idea isn't to contain rushing lanes it's to attack the ball. The whole idea of the defense is to create pressure specifically from the defensive line. You don't want your de's staying home, but atacking upfield getting after the qb. I still think it would be wise of the bills to add another legit pass rushing threat opposite schobel, even with kelsay re-signed.

I'm the guy at the circus who can look at you and determine what you weigh. :blink:

My brother has never been guessed correctly at those things. I guess they don't account for people who have actual muscle.

And Melvin Fowler is now 310? What have they been feeding these guys? :blink:

The Merriman special

This brings up another point. Assuming Wire becomes essentially a backup LB (as he is by all accounts not suited to play safety in the cover 2), we would really have only one backup S in Leonard. Don't be surprised when we draft a safety somewhere on draft day to be groomed as a backup.

I have noticed this as well. We also know that Jim Leonhard is likely only a stopgap solution even as a reserve(although he played well against the jets). Marv has a reputation for liking secondary players. I wholeheartedly agree, dont be surprised if we draft one or even two safeties.(likely both on day 2)