inside tidbits on Patrick Willis

I was waiting on a table of 11 people last night at Morton's of Chicago Steakhouse where I have worked my second job for the last 7 1/2 years. I heard one of the guys mention "Ole Miss" in his conversations and I just had to churp in since they seemed like such a cool group to begin with and wouldn't mind my curiousity.

I asked if they were talking about Ole Miss University and if they knew anything about Patrick Willis.

The one guy mentioned to me that his nephew presently attends Ole Miss and he was able to catch a few games in person this year. He said Willis is just an unbelievably awesome player but more importantly, he ALSO is a high character guy who would be a great person to have on our team (both on and off the field). Very fast and strong player. He also said that Willis is a tireless worker when it comes to improving and becoming a better player/person and never forgets his roots or where he came from. I asked him if he ever met Patrick in person and although he said no, he was more then happy tjust to be able to see him play in person. He said everyone who follows Ole Miss is following every bit of conversation leading up to the draft and where Patrick may land and he seems to agree with me that if its not the 49ers first, the Bills will be primed to snatch him up. It also seemed like he got his perception of Patrick Willis from his nephew who obviously might know better then all of us what kind of person he must be. The more I hear about this kid, the more I want him playing LB for the Bills in 2007 and anything short of that would be disappointing.

He would be a great centerpiece of our defense for the next decade.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting on a table of 11 people last night at Morton's of Chicago Steakhouse where I have worked my second job for the last 7 1/2 years. I heard one of the guys mention "Ole Miss" in his conversations and I just had to churp in since they seemed like such a cool group to begin with and wouldn't mind my curiousity.

I asked if they were talking about Ole Miss University and if they knew anything about Patrick Willis.

The one guy mentioned to me that his nephew presently attends Ole Miss and he was able to catch a few games in person this year. He said Willis is just an unbelievably awesome player but more importantly, he ALSO is a high character guy who would be a great person to have on our team (both on and off the field). Very fast and strong player. He also said that Willis is a tireless worker when it comes to improving and becoming a better player/person and never forgets his roots or where he came from. I asked him if he ever met Patrick in person and although he said no, he was more then happy tjust to be able to see him play in person. He said everyone who follows Ole Miss is following every bit of conversation leading up to the draft and where Patrick may land and he seems to agree with me that if its not the 49ers first, the Bills will be primed to snatch him up. It also seemed like he got his perception of Patrick Willis from his nephew who obviously might know better then all of us what kind of person he must be. The more I hear about this kid, the more I want him playing LB for the Bills in 2007 and anything short of that would be disappointing.

I wont say I dont believe you, but I understand where you are coming from. I watched Patrick Willis's interview on Yahoo Sports the other day, and to me he seems to have a very high character attitude, speaks very highly about things. Seems to be an all around good person from what I seen. Didnt seem thugish at all. He had a really hard upbringing when he was younger, so im sure hes mentally strong. So in some ways I agree with what was said whoever you spoke with!

One of the reasons why I don't like to post on these boards, always has to be a wise guy who has nothing better to do.

Its a small world out there, so I wouldnt be shocked if it was true. I love Patrick Willis with the 12th pick. He fits perfectly at a position we need help at. Its a match made in heaven.

Thanks for the information! (Hey....I just moved back to Chicago last week)

I am also excited about the possibility of getting Willis!

It sucks that whenever one posts "inside" or "personal experience" info. it is usually met with hostility.

My college roommate is the agent for three current Bills players and I sometimes am privy to such information. I don't post it because it is more of a hassle than it is worth.

I hope we do get Willis with our first pick...if only those damn niners weren't ahead of us...they are really going to make us sweat!

He will be great for the team and the city until he is traded/released/free agency. Then he will become the biggest douche bag to ever leave Buffalo. Good Riddance, burn his jersey and I hope he rots in Hell. He will be thrilled to leave Buffalo after 5 non playoff years and he blows goats...

One of the reasons why I don't like to post on these boards, always has to be a wise guy who has nothing better to do.

a. stop taking your waiting tables stories so seriously that you cant take a joke.

b. cmon! its sketch! lighten up. the dude is one of the more positive people here.

Yea... I'm starting to think that Willis is a no-brainer pick if he is still there at #12. The trouble is, I have a bad feeling that he'll be gone.

Same here.........

that IS definitely a worry. but im sure SD fans were fretting that Merriman wasnt going to be there at 12 either...

so i guess we can just hope for the best.

Yea... I'm starting to think that Willis is a no-brainer pick if he is still there at #12. The trouble is, I have a bad feeling that he'll be gone.

The good news being one of the "alleged" top ten will then fall. Your guess as to which one is just as good as mine, but bottom line, an impactful player will be had at #12 should we elect to stay put.

Recent moves by the Bills and other clubs has us rearranging as to how the draft should play out. My guess is we'll be "re-mocking" again prior to the draft.

You're cool coach. Don't worry about Sketch though, he's just a joker. I have him on ignore so I don't have to read his stuff any more.

The jokes and wise guy comments get a little old when they happen on every single post a person makes.

a. stop taking your waiting tables stories so seriously that you cant take a joke.

b. cmon! its sketch! lighten up. the dude is one of the more positive people here.

So some guy's nephew who goes to Ole Miss thinks Willis is a great player and person?

Willis's talent is not questionable. He is a very good linebacker irrespective of casual diners estimation. What the poster relays is that his character is not a question which casual diners can estimate from what is on the local rumor mill. I taught and coached 35 years and no ones character was a secret in the locker room or in town.

I do not know Willis' character but the girl at the diner or guy at the gas station does and if bad it gets around quickly