Is t illegal in NY to poison the squirrel making a nice home in my

zevo

You'll need 4 things:

1. Lawn Chair

2. 6 pack

3. Couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon

4. Air rifle

I was fortunate to trip over a squirrel in my backyard that a buddy of mine had shot in the head with an air rifle. Its brain lay next to its nose and looked like a wet raspberry.

I was fortunate to trip over a squirrel in my backyard that a buddy of mine had shot in the head with an air rifle. Its brain lay next to its nose and looked like a wet raspberry.

;) So much for my love of raspberrys.

The little bastard is rotting the wood? What should I do? Any advice? Thanks

Squirrels don't rot wood.

Before you kill it check for the real source of the rot.

Water, bad construction and poor home maintenance are the likely culprits.

Also, if you make sure you close the garage door at night he will probably get disinterested and find a new home. If he doesn't leave, you have a large hole somewhere. Squirrels are claustrophobic and will only come in through wide openings. Find it and plug it.

If none of that works, get a "Have a Heart" trap, use Peanut Butter as bait and let it go a few miles away.

If you poison it, you miss out on all the fun of shooting it! On a serious note, if you poison it and it makes it far enough for a nieghbors dog to eat it, you may end up killing their dog too.

Dumb Canadians are already on the job of killing dogs.

He should trap the squirrel.

Squirrels don't rot wood.

Before you kill it check for the real source of the rot.

Water, bad construction and poor home maintenance are the likely culprits.

Also, if you make sure you close the garage door at night he will probably get disinterested and find a new home. If he doesn't leave, you have a large hole somewhere. Squirrels are claustrophobic and will only come in through wide openings. Find it and plug it.

If none of that works, get a "Have a Heart" trap, use Peanut Butter as bait and let it go a few miles away.

No. The squirrel rotted the wood. I went up to check and the little shiit brought mud, leaves, and other crap and built a nice home for who knows how long. The rot is from the urine and crap that has been soaking intot he wood. No other place on the garage is rotting except what is directly in contact with the bastards nest.

No. The squirrel rotted the wood. I went up to check and the little shiit brought mud, leaves, and other crap and built a nice home for who knows how long. The rot is from the urine and crap that has been soaking intot he wood. No other place on the garage is rotting except what is directly in contact with the bastards nest.

Antifreeze.

OK whatever. You said the sqirrel rotted it, which he can't. Certainly his urine could.

I would still say get a "Have a Heart" trap because they work. Make sure to get one with a big opening because they won't go in if it is too small. Peanut Butter will definitely work.

Also check for the hole in your garage and close the door. The hole should be obvious. Also, it is probably not a "he" and will probably be delivering a package soon.

Have you seen it? If not, be careful. It could be a Fisher or other critter nastier than a squirrel.

I think killing squirrels in NY State is illegal. There are fears of Malaria or rabies, I forgot which.

OK whatever. You said the sqirrel rotted it, which he can't. Certainly his urine could.

I would still say get a "Have a Heart" trap because they work. Make sure to get one with a big opening because they won't go in if it is too small. Peanut Butter will definitely work.

Also check for the hole in your garage and close the door. The hole should be obvious. Also, it is probably not a "he" and will probably be delivering a package soon.

Have you seen it? If not, be careful. It could be a Fisher or other critter nastier than a squirrel.

I think killing squirrels in NY State is illegal. There are fears of Malaria or rabies, I forgot which.

Killing squirrels in NY is perfectly legal. http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/w...e/squirrel.html

If you use a have-a-hart to catch it, make sure you drive at least 4 miles away before you shoot it, if you miss, it won't be able tofind it's way back.

If you use a rat trap nail it down, if you only get one leg, it will limp off with your trap. ;)

In under two years I trapped 40 of the little devils in my moms old house. I used a leg hold trap and peanut butter.

Killing squirrels in NY is perfectly legal. http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/w...e/squirrel.html

If you use a have-a-hart to catch it, make sure you drive at least 4 miles away before you shoot it, if you miss, it won't be able tofind it's way back.

If you use a rat trap nail it down, if you only get one leg, it will limp off with your trap. ;)

In under two years I trapped 40 of the little devils in my moms old house. I used a leg hold trap and peanut butter.

I'm not clicking on the Peter Pan Link. Don't bother.

Also, if you miss a squirrel that is sitting in a trap you need target practice.

In the intrest of safety please make sure that you don't use any Peter Pan peanut butter with a product code beginning with 2111. I believe that lot was recalled.

In the intrest of safety please make sure that you don't use any Peter Pan peanut butter with a product code beginning with 2111. I believe that lot was recalled.

If it is a leathal trap does that really matter? ;)