Where does all the love for Posluzny come from?

NY Nole

I don't watch him as much as the Penn State fans here do, but I saw him a fair amount in 2005 and was very impressed. No way to downplay what he did that season. I thought Hawk was a little better, but Poz was an amazing LB.

Admittedly, I only saw him once in 2006 and that was during the ND game. He looked very average. He ways always moving around, but it seemed other LBs were making the plays. Maybe ND was keying on him, but I kept waiting for him to make a big play. There was one occasion where a big run went right by him...I can't remember if the FB took him out or if Darius just shook him, but I remember thinking this is not the same Poz as last year.

I don't know...I've also never seen Willis play, but I would think that he is more the athlete that we would want for our defense.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High character players don't also nearly behead people. So, by that logic, if TMEP had just had a couple 1,000 yard rushing seasons and never would've had the 2,000 yard season, he'd be a "bust" too, huh?

I'm assuming TMEP means OJ? I don't know what that has to do with this discussion, but, the last I heard, the verdict on him was NOT Guilty. Calling OJ a bust is just being ignorant.

Posluszny is NOT an inside 'backer. He belongs on the outside. Other than that, you're right. Why should we like a 2-time Bednarik Award winner, that despite that injury, was still the best defensive player in the NCAA last year and had no drop off in stats? ;)

like you said.......plus he played at penn state nuff" said

...people like the guy just 'cause he's Polish? [/b

Posluszny!!!! ;)

No, just you, Sen...just you. I like him because I think he can flat-out play. (So can Willis) You like him because he is Polish.

:lol:

Yeah... it's kinda like the midgets in here who liked Lil' Antoine more than Nate.

If what you are saying is, "We missed Antoine more than we will miss Nate", I totally agree! :lol:

OTOH, if you are suggesting we didn't miss the solid coverage ability of Winfield and his STONE-COLD tackling ability, then I must say, " :lol: :lol: ;) "

No, just you, Sen...just you. I like him because I think he can flat-out play. (So can Willis) You like him because he is Polish.

Almost, Deano, almost...

I liked Patulski 'cause he's Polish - I like Posluszny 'cause he's Polish and he can play! :lol:

Posluszny!!!! ;)

Almost, Deano, almost...

I liked Patulski 'cause he's Polish - I like Posluszny 'cause he's Polish and he can play! :lol:

Posluszny!!!! ;)

Fair enough, Sen, fair enough.

I'm Polish and I don't want him in the 1st round.

Then you're not a true Polack, sorry...One of the things I miss most about Buffalo is Dingus day, good times. Folks down in Carolina have never even heard of it....sad.

Good point, David.

I dislike the term "bust" in general. It goes back to people saying Ralph Sampson was a "bust" when he played basketball. He wasn't a phenomenal player, but was an All Star, an All Star MVP, and got his team to the NBA Finals. A disappointment to the level of his hype (he was a college player of the year twice)? Yes. A bust? No.

Same applies here.

SOme people call Dan WIlkinson a bust......been in the league over a decade

Yep. I vividly remember all of those first round busts PSU had @ RB, like Blair Thomas, Curtis Enis, and especially KJ. That last first round bust they had particularly convinced me.

yep, larry johnson was a hugh bust... can't believe the chiefs wasted that pick on him, what fools! i'm so glad we passed up LJ for Willis, man that was a close one!!!

now tell me what Blair Thomas, Curtis Enis, KJ, or even Larry johnson have to do with Puz?! THEY'RE DIFFERENT PLAYERS!!

I'm assuming TMEP means OJ? I don't know what that has to do with this discussion, but, the last I heard, the verdict on him was NOT Guilty. Calling OJ a bust is just being ignorant.

Yeah. I refuse to call the murderous ex player anything else. I heard the verdict too; best justice money can buy. You do realize that Mr Cochran also defended another "innocent" person named Michael Jackson, right?

No, I'm not calling TMEP a bust. I'm just applying your logic in regards to character to the argument. So, had TMEP not had a hall of fame career and would've just been an average guy, he'd still be a bust because of the character issues.

Instead of using TMEP, let's use Travis Henry, who has had a decent career, though nothing special. He's also had some character issues (something 'bout underage girls comes to mind). Considering his issues, and the fact that he hasn't set the league on fire, would you consider him a bust too?

yep, larry johnson was a hugh bust... can't believe the chiefs wasted that pick on him, what fools! i'm so glad we passed up LJ for Willis, man that was a close one!!!

now tell me what Blair Thomas, Curtis Enis, KJ, or even Larry johnson have to do with Puz?! THEY'RE DIFFERENT PLAYERS!!

Sure are different players. I was addressing someone's broad generalization that PSU players are all busts. Even though I'm relatively new to stereotyping, I still believe that this is incorrect.

Yeah. I refuse to call the murderous ex player anything else. I heard the verdict too; best justice money can buy. You do realize that Mr Cochran also defended another "innocent" person named Michael Jackson, right?

No, I'm not calling TMEP a bust. I'm just applying your logic in regards to character to the argument. So, had TMEP not had a hall of fame career and would've just been an average guy, he'd still be a bust because of the character issues.

Instead of using TMEP, let's use Travis Henry, who has had a decent career, though nothing special. He's also had some character issues (something 'bout underage girls comes to mind). Considering his issues, and the fact that he hasn't set the league on fire, would you consider him a bust too?

When OJ was playing I believe he was considered to be a good teammate and I don't remember his character ever being questioned. Whatever happens(or didn't in this case) after your career is over doesn't matter to me. I only care about what happens while you're playing for my team. As far as Henry goes, he shouldn't be mentioned here. I was referring to the multiple FIRST round busts that have come out of PSU aka "First Round Bust U". Henry doesn't fit in this category.

When OJ was playing I believe he was considered to be a good teammate and I don't remember his character ever being questioned. Whatever happens(or didn't in this case) after your career is over doesn't matter to me. I only care about what happens while you're playing for my team. As far as Henry goes, he shouldn't be mentioned here. I was referring to the multiple FIRST round busts that have come out of PSU aka "First Round Bust U". Henry doesn't fit in this category.

Penn State has certainly had their share of first round busts. There's no arguing that. Thing is, just about every school has had first round busts. While the players both you and I have mentioned have been considered busts in the past for Penn State, here's a few players who really don't meet that criteria:

From 1996:

23 Jeff Hartings Lions Guard Penn State

30 Andre Johnson Redskins Offensive tackle Penn State

From 1995:

5 Kerry Collins Panthers Quarterback Penn State

9 Kyle Brady Jets Tight end Penn State

From 1993:

25 O.J. McDuffie Dolphins Wide receiver Penn State

From 1987:

8 Shane Conlan Bills Linebacker Penn State

From 1983:

3 Curt Warner Seahawks Running back Penn State

From 1982:

8 Mike Munchak Oilers Guard Penn State

From 1972:

13 Franco Harris Steelers Running back Penn State

These players have had careers that go from pretty good (McDuffie was quite the 3rd down receiver in Miami) to very good (Franco and Munchak are Hall of Famers).

All were taken in the first round of the draft.

I too am a huge PSU fan and loved the way Paul played. With that being said he is not number 12 talent. He would be a good late first or early second rounder.

He is a team guy and brings that intensity that a LB needs.

Penn State has certainly had their share of first round busts. There's no arguing that. Thing is, just about every school has had first round busts. While the players both you and I have mentioned have been considered busts in the past for Penn State, here's a few players who really don't meet that criteria:

From 1996:

23 Jeff Hartings Lions Guard Penn State

30 Andre Johnson Redskins Offensive tackle Penn State

From 1995:

5 Kerry Collins Panthers Quarterback Penn State

9 Kyle Brady Jets Tight end Penn State

From 1993:

25 O.J. McDuffie Dolphins Wide receiver Penn State

From 1987:

8 Shane Conlan Bills Linebacker Penn State

From 1983:

3 Curt Warner Seahawks Running back Penn State

From 1982:

8 Mike Munchak Oilers Guard Penn State

From 1972:

13 Franco Harris Steelers Running back Penn State

These players have had careers that go from pretty good (McDuffie was quite the 3rd down receiver in Miami) to very good (Franco and Munchak are Hall of Famers).

All were taken in the first round of the draft.

Nice job with the homework. There are a few on the list I would consider questionable, but I think I've already made my point.

What are you suggesting? Don't draft any white guys? I can't grasp the concept of your post.

For the record... (From their campus workouts)

Posluszny: 4.67 in the 40-yard dash … 375-pound bench press … 560-pound squat … 335-pound power clean … 31-inch vertical jump

Willis: 4.62 in the 40-yard dash … 365-pound bench press … 500-pound squat … 310-pound power clean … 38-inch vertical jump.

Willis ran 4.3 in the 40yd dash, in his private work out. :lol: