A nice dab of info from an Eagles Fan

I post over at a gaming forum called Maddenplanet.com

Anyway there is an Eagles fan that I respect and have known for a long time. He really thinks Walker is going to go nuts in our style of defense. He said that he goes balls to the wall when he is in there. Says that he has very powerful hands and upper body strenght so don't be down that he is under the 300lb mark. He can hold his own. Thats why he was only showing up for half a game because the Eagles don't rotate in and out and Walker was out there for the whole game almost.

But he said with our rotational system Walker should be a stud.

The interesting thing is that he said he is VERY SMART. Could be why he caught Marvs attention. My buddy says that Walker belongs to an Engineering Firm. I thought that was kind of cool.

So it sounds like not only does he give full effort all the time, he is also smart and and a powerful player that uses his hands well.

I post over at a gaming forum called Maddenplanet.com

Anyway there is an Eagles fan that I respect and have known for a long time. He really thinks Walker is going to go nuts in our style of defense. He said that he goes balls to the wall when he is in there. Says that he has very powerful hands and upper body strenght so don't be down that he is under the 300lb mark. He can hold his own. Thats why he was only showing up for half a game because the Eagles don't rotate in and out and Walker was out there for the whole game almost.

But he said with our rotational system Walker should be a stud.

The interesting thing is that he said he is VERY SMART. Could be why he caught Marvs attention. My buddy says that Walker belongs to an Engineering Firm. I thought that was kind of cool.

So it sounds like not only does he give full effort all the time, he is also smart and and a powerful player that uses his hands well.

I believe his wife owns it?

I don't know.

He just told me that he deals and belongs to an Engineering Firm and that he is very smart.

edit: Sounds to me that he owns it.

INteresting read: http://www.pennoni.com/news/03-21-05.asp

Yep he is an engineer himself. Not his wife.

Boy I'm really impressed. Sounds like he has great leadership skills. At least off the football field.

i thought I read somewhere this morning that its his wife that owns it, but that doesn't mean he still isn't smart and a part of it

According to that press release it says nothing of his wife. Maybe she is the co-owner with him.

He definately is an Engineer though. Thats pretty awesome lol. Maybe the leadership lost in Spikes will start with our newest Buffalo Bill.

According to that press release it says nothing of his wife. Maybe she is the co-owner with him.

He definately is an Engineer though. Thats pretty awesome lol. Maybe the leadership lost in Spikes will start with our newest Buffalo Bill.

Well, even if he doesn't make a difference on the field, he might be able to save Ralph some money and engineer a new stadium in downtown Buffalo, lol

i thought I read somewhere this morning that its his wife that owns it, but that doesn't mean he still isn't smart and a part of it

hmmm, I quickly skimmed through it, he's VP of the company

Maybe his wife owns another engineering company then?

Read the whole thing. Its interesting.

According to the bottom of the page in the link, I believe its been around since 1966, so I doubt he started it

Pennoni has been around, i think his firm merged into it.

His family owns Walker construction, so they've been in the business for a while.

For US Federal contracts, it's called a Section 8A set-aside. Basically, you set up your corporation with a woman or a Federally-recognized minority, and the rules of treating potential contractors on an equal basis get tossed into the trash can.

Taxpayers getting value for their money means nothing compared to politicians wooing votes.

It's often the case with State and municipal contracts, too.

My point from this thread is that it looks like we have another hard working, smart, and energetic person/football player added to this roster. When I see people like Ellison and Walker working hard outside the football field it tells me these men have focus and a vision. Which always can do great things on the football field.

For US Federal contracts, it's called a Section 8A set-aside. Basically, you set up your corporation with a woman or a Federally-recognized minority, and the rules of treating potential contractors on an equal basis get tossed into the trash can.

Taxpayers getting value for their money means nothing compared to politicians wooing votes.

(pssst, hes black)

:thumbdown:

but seriously, i dont even know if a black male would be considered on that list.

You also can get advantage is US fed contracts by setting up in a HUBzone, and by being a small business. (some contracts you need to be a "certified" small business) Section 8a is just one of several ways to get a small advantage in winning a gov't contract. I compete against 8a, hubzone and other small biz's and trust me it's much easier than competing against big companies. Where bribery and good old boys networks still influence the outcome.

I have nothing against an 8a company.

Did I even miss that they were going after gov't contracts? I didn't get that impression at all, although admittedly, I didn't read too closely.