I thought Travis Henry is a Warrior

BilzFanGA

So far out of 4 games, he's finished 2 of them.

Game 1 he missed the 4th quarter with cramps of all things. Not exactly after a 40 carry performance like Ricky Williams laid on us last year either.

Game 4 he misses half of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter with a foot injury.

He also missed most of the preseason with the rib injury.

Don't get me wrong. I know injuries happen and I ain't discounting that he may really be hurt, but I am sick and tired of hearing what a warrior the guy is and why we have to keep him. His style leads him to get hurt and that's why he needs to go after this year when we can still get some trade value for him. The guy is also a mental midget who can't seem to pick up the little things even though he's been in the league 4 years.

It's time for Willis to be used more and more so we can see why he was going to be a top 3 pick.

Guest Angry Man!!!

Here is what I wrote in my last post read and :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: enjoy : )

Here are your complaints along with his toughness new complaint TH: fumbles, slips, is not fast enough, misses blocking assignments, can’t catch out of the back field, only rushes for 1400 yards we wanted 2000. Here are my complaints against you: Has Travis fumbled this year… I thought that silence would be your response. I think one of the reasons he has not fumbled is because he is worried about fumbling and here a bunch of breast fed babies in the audience booing him. Here are a few stats for this year Ahman Green has (4) count it.. yes 4 but are they yelling to get rid of him, NO! How about Clinton Portis and McAllister with 4. Or E. James With 2 critical game losing fumbles against NE. Slips *hit happens… Not fast enough everyone who knows football or played… know that speed is not the key to a good back! Blocking is the key to a good back, everything starts up front. There are a few like Barry Sanders who didn’t need good blocking but for the rest, blocking is the most important aspect. Get semi good and he will prove his worth! I think TH is learning a few blocking tricks from Mcgahee. He is starting to cut block more… taking the Blitzer’s legs out. I see that Mcgahee does this all the time.

I really can't discount "Angry Man's" argument, he makes all good points. I guess everyone really should stop complaining about TH and if you have to complain, B word and moan about the poor blocking up front. Put TH on most any other team in the league and he might actually put some great numbers up, not that he hasn't done that already with a very average at best, line in Buffalo!!

I really can't discount "Angry Man's" argument, he makes all good points. I guess everyone really should stop complaining about TH and if you have to complain, B word and moan about the poor blocking up front. Put TH on most any other team in the league and he might actually put some great numbers up, not that he hasn't done that already with a very average at best, line in Buffalo!!

67843[/snapback]

Too many posters lately have been ordering others what NOT to complain about. Reminder....the Bills, a team not without talent, are 0-4. There will be complaints, some will even be about teflon heros.

As for Henry, even I, as a consistent critic of his, will not question his toughness. He has proven that he will play hurt, and SHOULD come off the field when he is unable to help the team because he is injured.

That said, there are far more things that a rb must do besides run. Travis has not done ANY of these things well in 04, thus the criticism.

Too many posters lately have been ordering others what NOT to complain about. Reminder....the Bills, a team not without talent, are 0-4. There will be complaints, some will even be about teflon heros.

As for Henry, even I, as a consistent critic of his, will not question his toughness. He has proven that he will play hurt, and SHOULD come off the field when he is unable to help the team because he is injured.

That said, there are far more things that a rb must do besides run. Travis has not done ANY of these things well in 04, thus the criticism.

67852[/snapback]

I do agree to an extent that TH should be criticized for his lack of blocking but it seems to me that on a few occasions, the decision on which of the oncoming blockers to block has baffled him. The point is, the line isn't blocking anyone and when they do, they seem to be blocking the wrong ones. I might be incorrect in this but, the line is supposed to pick up the interior rushers first then concentrate to the outside whereas the RB's are told to look outside first since that is supposedly where the free rush should be coming from. Lately, the Bills have been letting rushers penetrate up the middle and the backs seem to be looking outside. Maybe I'm mistaken but my guess is that the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing here. I'm not defending TH here, I know that his blocking skills are mediocre at best but I don't think he should be receiving the criticism that's being leveled on him.

So far out of 4 games, he's finished 2 of them.

Game 1 he missed the 4th quarter with cramps of all things.  Not exactly after a 40 carry performance like Ricky Williams laid on us last year either.

Game 4 he misses half of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter with a foot injury.

He also missed most of the preseason with the rib injury.

Don't get me wrong.  I know injuries happen and I ain't discounting that he may really be hurt, but I am sick and tired of hearing what a warrior the guy is and why we have to keep him.  His style leads him to get hurt and that's why he needs to go after this year when we can still get some trade value for him.  The guy is also a mental midget who can't seem to pick up the little things even though he's been in the league 4 years.

It's time for Willis to be used more and more so we can see why he was going to be a top 3 pick.

67834[/snapback]

AngryMan.......didn't say anything about his fumbling since that has not been an issue. My problem is with those of you who act as if we wasted a pick on Willis McGahee since we have Travis Henry.

Travis Henry is a flawed running back. I don't give a rat's a$$ if he gets me 1400 yards. If he can't block, and is not that great of a receiver then I don't want him when I can have the total package.

If Travis Henry is producing then fine, but he is not, and in two of the games has had to come out of the game at crunch time. Then in a 3rd he gaffs on the biggest 2 plays of the game.

As far as your little fyou's and clever little icons, I won't get into that. It's people like yourself as to why I quit posting on this board a while back.

Anyhow, Travis isn't producing, isn't playing hurt as he's been taken out of the games, and is making mental mistakes left and right. It's time to see what Willis can do.

If the O-line screws up and lets in too many blockers, TH should at least block SOMEONE. He whiffs completely, doesn't even get a chuck in. If its because he doesn't know who to block, then its his intelligence or game time preparation. His trade value is plummeting with every game he plays.

RunTheBall

Here is what I wrote in my last post read and  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: enjoy : )

Here are your complaints along with his toughness new complaint TH: fumbles, slips, is not fast enough, misses blocking assignments, can’t catch out of the back field, only rushes for 1400 yards we wanted 2000. Here are my complaints against you: Has Travis fumbled this year… I thought that silence would be your response. I think one of the reasons he has not fumbled is because he is worried about fumbling and here a bunch of breast fed babies in the audience booing him. Here are a few stats for this year Ahman Green has (4) count it.. yes 4 but are they yelling to get rid of him, NO! How about Clinton Portis and McAllister with 4. Or E. James With 2 critical game losing fumbles against NE. Slips *hit happens… Not fast enough everyone who knows football or played… know that speed is not the key to a good back! Blocking is the key to a good back, everything starts up front. There are a few like Barry Sanders who didn’t need good blocking but for the rest, blocking is the most important aspect. Get semi good and he will prove his worth! I think TH is learning a few blocking tricks from Mcgahee. He is starting to cut block more… taking the Blitzer’s legs out. I see that Mcgahee does this all the time.

67836[/snapback]

I wonder if his "fumble" number is down because he's not getting as many touches?

67843[/snapback]

I think the real complaint about TH is his inability to finish a play this year....either making the block or completing that 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2.....

Here is what I wrote in my last post read and  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: enjoy : )

67836[/snapback]

Frankly, I'm offended by this post. Research has shown that breast-fed babies are generally more tolerable, due to the nutrient-rich milk improving their immune systems.

Frankly, I'm offended by this post.  Research has shown that breast-fed babies are generally more tolerable, due to the nutrient-rich milk improving their immune systems.

68175[/snapback]

:w00t::P:D

About TH, I just find it hard to question a player regarding if he is a warrior, if they are playing hard etc...we are fans, we arent in the trenches, we dont know the players on a personal level. Point is, almost ANY team that starts losing, fans question their heart...teams that lose just appear that way IMO.

Not exactly after a 40 carry performance like Ricky Williams laid on us last year either.

67834[/snapback]

Yeah...it's too bad Travis couldn't be more like Ricky Williams.

Well, let me think for a second. Travis put up better numbers than Ricky did in 2003, and didn't quit the team right before training camp this year so he could smoke pot every day.

You know what, on second thought, I'd rather have Travis.

But hey, thanks for being the 5,243 contestant on "Let's rip Travis a new one."

Henry is a warrior but when Mularkey sees his ankle is really affecting him(had 9carries for only 12yds after turning the ankle) and he has Mcgahee...Mcgahee will find his way in....

I'm a big Henry supporter but i wanna see some change in the way they use both backs....I wouldnt mind seeing Mcgahee in there every other drive keeping both backs fresh....More of Mcgahee/Henry in the backfield on 3rd downs.....