This Phili writer thinks Darwin Walker

Hey, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Marv say last year that he wanted someone who could disrupt the backfield? I see Walker as a temporary addition, I still expect Buffalo to be considering another DT somewheres in this draft before it's over.

Hey, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Marv say last year that he wanted someone who could disrupt the backfield? I see Walker as a temporary addition, I still expect Buffalo to be considering another DT somewheres in this draft before it's over.

That's what he's known for is getting into the backfield.

To me he sounds exactly like the kind of DT that the bills think fit this scheme....they dont want run cloggers they want to stop the run by penetrating the backfield.......

Right or wrong....this guy does seem to follow that philosphy....AND he is a veteran player.....if McCargo comes back strong....we might have something here.

This trade is making Marv look more of a genius than he already is. :(

Very impressive if this writer is to be believed. I really expected someone else's dog (with fleas) in return for ours.

Interesting football trades are rare. Marv is keeping the Donahoe tradition of geeking up the fans alive -- hopefully with better results.

This trade is making Marv look more of a genius than he already is. :(

Oh come on you have got to be kidding me.

Are you just trying to get your post numbers up or something?

Darwin Walker and Langston Walker can only be classifed as one thing right now, "unable to be determined at this time"

Langston Walker is known as a turnstyle and a Philly writer stated that Darwin Walker seems to show up to some games and other times he's nowhere to be found.

I will certainly give it time before I make an evaluation but their respective reputations are suspect at best.

Risky moves that may pay off but not genius.

Come on.

Oh come on you have got to be kidding me.

Are you just trying to get your post numbers up or something?

Darwin Walker and Langston Walker can only be classifed as one thing right now, "unable to be determined at this time"

Langston Walker is known as a turnstyle and a Philly writer stated that Darwin Walker seems to show up to some games and other times he's nowhere to be found.

I will certainly give it time before I make an evaluation but their respective reputations are suspect at best.

Risky moves that may pay off but not genius.

Come on.

I agree with you, neither player has played at an all pro level yet. Sometimes a change to a new team with a different sceme can bring out the best a player has to offer. Lets hope this is the case, we shall see. (Don't think it will help McGahee though) :(

Let's see-

He's "only" averaged 5+ sacks from the interior each year over the past 5 seasons-

And his tackle numbers match guys like Tommie Harris over the same span-

Plus a Philly guy is writing that he can actually tackle runners, a skill until this morning that was a bit elusive amongst our defensive middle-

As a fan all for drafting Okoye before this move, IMO we've just opened up that first pick to take the proverbial BPA instead of drafting need. We may truly be entering the draft looking exclusively at the quality of the guys we're adding to the team- both as football players and teammates.

All we have to do now is brace for the next month of endless speculation in here about which running back we're going to draft in round 1!