Grade the Bills trade for Walker

Well it surely mean that we won't get Okoye.

the Bills might have come to the conclusion that Okoye wasn't going to be available at #12, and didn't think he was worth giving up later picks to trade up for.

I really like this trade even though, just like the trade with Willis, it does create another whole to fill.

Which means the Bills are going to have to have a near perfect draft....with no misses and no reaches.

the Bills might have come to the conclusion that Okoye wasn't going to be available at #12, and didn't think he was worth giving up later picks to trade up for.

I really like this trade even though, just like the trade with Willis, it does create another whole to fill.

But we have stud players like Crowell and Ellison who can take over. You know Ellison is just like Crowell. He shined near the end of the season like Crowell did 2 years ago after Spikes got hurt.

It this Darwin guy is any good, fleeced 'em. It is better than 50/50 that Spikes is done. At best he will be a shadow of himself as I don't believe any player has come back any where near fully recovered from that injury. Holcombe, a dime a dozen for what we needed him for. Plus we get an all important draft pick. Unless Spikes is fully recovered, fleeced 'em.

A+!

Walker reminds me of Sam Adams. A young Sam Adams. WALKER IS A BEAST! :worthy:

as of now I give it a B+

if Spikes has a monster year i will be sad

Yeah we're all interested in Walker for obvious reasons but the final result really hinges on Spikes. If he comes close to reverting to his old form it's a D or F. If he's Sam Cowart version II it's a solid B unless Walker is a total dud.

It's a very good trade for the Eagles. Spikes is either going to be pretty decent, and not required to dominate, or if he returns he could put that defense over the top. Holcomb is an upgrade at #2 from AJ Feeley and if ever there was a team that can use a player good at dumping the ball off to backs it's the Eagles. They didnt need Walker the way we do with two #1's at DT, plus a FA acquisition and a Kyle Williams-esque low round draft choice that they like.

For us, it fills a need at DT and creates a big hole at OLB.

B+ because the pick we have next year is conditional upon Spikes' performance, smart move. Walker is a great pash rusher and an intelligent guy. I never even saw this coming. I am starting to BELIEVE in Marv. Don't rain on my parada with that "wait til the season starts" crap. I hate waiting this long without a fun alternative. Don't care about baseball and I miss football!

It's a very good trade for the Eagles. Spikes is either going to be pretty decent, and not required to dominate, or if he returns he could put that defense over the top. Holcomb is an upgrade at #2 from AJ Feeley and if ever there was a team that can use a player good at dumping the ball off to backs it's the Eagles. They didnt need Walker the way we do with two #1's at DT, plus a FA acquisition and a Kyle Williams-esque low round draft choice that they like.

For us, it fills a need at DT and creates a big hole at OLB.

i agree...but one positive for the Bills that you are not mentioning is the salary.

i agree...but one positive for the Bills that you are not mentioning is the salary.

Right. I said it in other posts I think we saved about 4 million in cash. I hope they use that to sign another player like Chris Brown but I am not convinced they are going to use it as much as save it. Perhaps this revenue sharing thing will help.

Also, the more I read about Walker, especially from visiting a couple Eagles sites, is that he may be a perfect fit for the Bills and what they ask of him. Most Eagles fans are saying that he is only good for half a game, and wears down, that if you only need him for that he is much better. They also say, almost to a man, that he is very good at breaking through the line but isn't good at holding his own in the run game at the LOS. But we aren't going to ask him to do that. We are going to ask him to go balls out every play and bust through the line. He could play very well in a rotation of doing just that.

Which means the Bills are going to have to have a near perfect draft....with no misses and no reaches.

I see us as having only two holes right now. RB to go with Thomas, and LB to go with Crowell and Ellison. We need to get starting caliber players at those two positions, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us pick twice in the 1st round to do it. Every other position is one we will try to improve on, but are sitting pretty good, even CB, so beyond our two big needs, I think the rest of the draft is more about quality depth and players with upside, not people expected to step in and start.

Last year of our picks: Ellison, Whitner, Simpson, Williams, and Pennington all started games (and technically Youboty becaused we opened against the Jets in the nickel). I don't think there is any chance this draft needs to yield five starters, and as such as long as we get a good LB and a decent RB there isn't a ton of pressure on the other picks. I think the Willis/Poz at #12 becomes very likely since that is both our biggest hole, and it is possible that one of those guys will be the top available guy on your non-need draft board. Although if Willis goes #11 and Peterson falls, I could see Peterson at #12 and trading up to get someone like Poz.

But I do think Willis is probably our pick if he isn't off the board.

We need a starting FB/H back and i don't think Cieslak is the answer. We DEFINATELY need to pick up 3 LBs, 1 to start and a good backup to compliment Wire, our top backup at the moment. Unless we get Reeves or Hall I don't see anyone else coming in to start at CB so I would say 3 starters are "needed." I'd like to see 1 rb, 2 lb, 1 cb, 1 fb.

I see us as having only two holes right now. RB to go with Thomas, and LB to go with Crowell and Ellison. We need to get starting caliber players at those two positions, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us pick twice in the 1st round to do it. Every other position is one we will try to improve on, but are sitting pretty good, even CB, so beyond our two big needs, I think the rest of the draft is more about quality depth and players with upside, not people expected to step in and start.

Last year of our picks: Ellison, Whitner, Simpson, Williams, and Pennington all started games (and technically Youboty becaused we opened against the Jets in the nickel). I don't think there is any chance this draft needs to yield five starters, and as such as long as we get a good LB and a decent RB there isn't a ton of pressure on the other picks. I think the Willis/Poz at #12 becomes very likely since that is both our biggest hole, and it is possible that one of those guys will be the top available guy on your non-need draft board. Although if Willis goes #11 and Peterson falls, I could see Peterson at #12 and trading up to get someone like Poz.

But I do think Willis is probably our pick if he isn't off the board.

Now that we have a good DT in the fold, I think after getting a solid running back and linebacker with probably our first two picks, that we very well may look for another deep threat in a big wide receiver. Or, I would not be shocked if we got Pozluzny and somehow got right back in the first round and took the tight end Olsen from the U. (Assuming A-Pete is gone when we pick at 12) We can than use one of our other 3rds to get the RB we need.

Marv is going to make the necessary moves to make us a contender once again. Go Bills