Expect major criticism from...

the things said on espn are as fleeting as a fart in the wind. This board keeps their commentary alive longer than the natural shelf life of an ESPN comment. The Bills got the better end of this trade. It's about SYSTEMS. Holcomb isn't well suited for this offense, and Spikes isn't a good fit for the T2. He's also expensive for the risk involved in handing him the starting spot, and the number of players who have returned to their original form after an Achilles injury can be counted on one hand. That's in NFL history, by the way.

you guys are seriously begging to wine and complain and play the underdog/martyrs.

EVERY article ive seen has said its a good trade.

dont be so sensitive.

I think it's a good trade myself, so i agree wit cha doc. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

My football smarts aren't as good as many on this board, so can someone please explain to me how losing TKO is a good move?

in the time it would take any of us to RE-TYPE for the 1000th time why. you could EASILY go read any/all of the threads and articles about it

in the time it would take any of us to RE-TYPE for the 1000th time why. you could EASILY go read any/all of the threads and articles about it

Found the Chris Brown blog. Thanks :worthy:

Okay, who are are starting linbackers?

It has been a very long day :worthy: .... which site/thread here has the best review? Thanks

i dont know, any of them from the front page?

basically:

HUGE lack of production over the past 2 years. yes that was due to injury but thats more reason to trade him. his cap hit was RIDICULOUS, over $6mil/yr for this year and next and there is no telling if he'll ever really comeback from the Achilles. most signs point to no.

Walker is a high-character guy and has had good, consistent production. hes VERY SMART and seems very down to earth. he's "our" type of guy. upgrading the DTs was not only a need, but doing so will also make it MUCH easier for our LBs, especially since its almost a sure thing we will have a rookie out there.

i think marv and tom modrak will have the last laugh on espn...at some point they will be on the marv and bills bandwagon!they will have to after each time they diss a bills move and each time the move works for the bills.i predict by the 2008 draft marv will have earned the media's respect.go marv and go bills in"07

I really believe all this team needs is a another rb and a stud linebacker and this team is going to get better, with the new o-line in place our offense will be on the field longer which will make our d better and i have faith in our young corners.

i think marv and tom modrak will have the last laugh on espn...at some point they will be on the marv and bills bandwagon!they will have to after each time they diss a bills move and each time the move works for the bills.i predict by the 2008 draft marv will have earned the media's respect.go marv and go bills in"07

That's the way it went in Marv's first tenure with the Bills.

The consensus was, it was a mistake to hire this former ST coach who failed as a HC n KC. The Bills moves and decisions were regularly criticized. Eventually, the Bills started to get praised for their moves (not to the extent NE is now, of course).

I expect to see this same "evolution" of thought over the next couple of years.

In the long run, the defense should be better but for 2007? I am skeptical...

No more

Fletcher

Spikes

Clements

That is a lot of leadership, class, and toughness gone from the team.

The replacements:

Willis (maybe)

Ellison

Youboty

a lot of ifs in that group although Willis could be a stud...

The 1st 2 picks better be LB/RB or RB/LB to fill those two gaping holes...

That's the way it went in Marv's first tenure with the Bills.

The consensus was, it was a mistake to hire this former ST coach who failed as a HC n KC. The Bills moves and decisions were regularly criticized. Eventually, the Bills started to get praised for their moves (not to the extent NE is now, of course).

Yea, but those moves were more Polian & Butler than Levy :(

Keep believing that. Marv had major input on EVERY move during his tenure.

Well Dean, time will be the true testement of your speak. I am not going anywhere, but all of our defensive leadership has. :(

Do you have any proof for that comment?

There are literally 1000's of articles that back this up. But I will relate one simple story in one sentence: Marv was not convinced we needed to bet the farm on Cornelius Bennett and Polian had to convince him it was a good deal. Polian is on record as saying that he had to convince Marv to move forward with that deal. Why? Because they all worked as a team. Hell, I was in just barely in college in 1990 and this was all you heard about at the time - to the point that my non-Bills fan buddies would sing "kumbayah" whenever they would run the story about the Bills organization "getting along" and working together, because they were tired of hearing it.

That enough? Or do we need to haul out the files for you?

There are literally 1000's of articles that back this up. But I will relate one simple story in one sentence: Marv was not convinced we needed to bet the farm on Cornelius Bennett and Polian had to convince him it was a good deal. Polian is on record as saying that he had to convince Marv to move forward with that deal. Why? Because they all worked as a team. Hell, I was in just barely in college in 1990 and this was all you heard about at the time - to the point that my non-Bills fan buddies would sing "kumbayah" whenever they would run the story about the Bills organization "getting along" and working together, because they were tired of hearing it.

That enough? Or do we need to haul out the files for you?

Thanks for the back up, OC, and BlueFire, too. If you lived through Marv's last tenure with the Bills, and paid attention, you would just KNOW this. Marv's always used the team approach to management.

Every HC has input into personnel decisions, some more that others, of course.

Thanks for the back up, OC, and BlueFire, too. If you lived through Marv's last tenure with the Bills, and paid attention, you would just KNOW this. Marv's always used the team approach to management.

Every HC has input into personnel decisions, some more that others, of course.

Yes, it's rather absurd to say that Marv had no input in personnel decisions in those days, considering how Polian has been quoted as crediting ol Marv for a lot of his football acumen.