Could Spikes' replacement already be on the Roster?

The reality is that this team still needs what it has frankly needed for a number of years: a quality SLB. Jeff Posey was adequate at best in the role, prior to being released last season. The coaches tried to move TKO there last year -- and IMHO his ineffectiveness there had almost as much to do with his playing out of position as it did with the slow recovery from the injury.

Yes, when he is healthy, TKO is versatile enough to play any of the LB positions, but he is MUCH better playing WLB than SLB. The fact that Ellison came on and played pretty well at WLB -- and Wire provides decent depth at the position -- is what has made TKO expendable. So there may be some truth to the cynics complaining that this is all about money. Of course, YOUTH has something to do with it too, and if TKO is likely to head out the door after this season anyway, why not try to get something for him, while he still holds some value.

Getting back to my original point... we are still faced with the reality that we need a SLB, which would have been the case with OR without TKO on the roster. I really do have a deep-down suspicion that Marv and company are targeting Poz in the draft... I can't wait for the draftniks to criticize the Bills for "reaching" by taking him with the #12 pick...

With TKO's days in Buffalo numbered, I've read a ton of posts about addressing the hole through the draft with either Willis, Polz, Black etc etc. But is it possible the Bills already have their OLB of choice on the roster in the form of TSW whipping boy, Coy Wire? During the final stretch last year he lined up quite a bit at OLB and played to rave reviews from the staff.

Personally, this option would terrify me -- but I wouldn't put it past Dick or Marv since they moved quickly to resign Coy to a multi year deal. Perhaps the plan is to go in with Ellison, Crowell and Wire as the LBs and add a mid round pick to the mix?

Why else would the staff be so willing to get rid of not only Fletch but TKO when there are no guarantees that Willis will be there at 12 or that Polz will be there in round 2? You can argue it's a strictly finacial move on the Bills' part, but why would the team willingly put another hole in their lineup unless they had a plan already in place?

Just food for thought ...

Nothing personal, but my only thoughts on this are...

:thumbsup::beer::oops:

Nothing personal, but my only thoughts on this are...

:thumbsup::beer::oops:

I'm not advocating the move -- just saying it's a real possibility that the staff is higher on Wire's abilities at OLB than we might think.

If the Bills pass on a LB in rounds 1&2, then he is the only real solution on the roster. Why else did they give him so many snaps last year? And, as a side note, the run D did improve with him playing OLB late in the year ... at least according to Dick's pressers.