I wouldn't mind seeing receiving corps upgraded

Pete

I think you might be right and we might take a WR in the 2nd. Gonzales, though not a big guy, is a really good receiver.

Gonzales seems to fit the Bills-high wonderlic, character guy, junior, and from Ohio State.

I've seen Sidney Rice(poor 40 time) drop to our 2nd round pick in many mocks....I wouldnt mind seeing him in a Bills Uni....The Bills dont need a speedy number two reciever they need a tall over the middle possession, good route running type reciever ... and Rice fits the Bill

If not Sidney, then Jacoby Jones in the late 3rd would be sweet.....

I think offense will dominate our day 1 picks...much to the surprise of some on this board who feel we need to strictly select D this year....

RB, WR, G, MLB on day 1....

then CB, OLB, DT, TE day 2.....

I've seen Sidney Rice(poor 40 time) drop to our 2nd round pick in many mocks....I wouldnt mind seeing him in a Bills Uni....The Bills dont need a speedy number two reciever they need a tall over the middle possession, good route running type reciever ... and Rice fits the Bill

I think offense will dominate our day 1 picks...much to the surprise of some on this board who feel we need to strictly select D this year....

I've been considering that possibility of a suprise day 1 concentration on offense as well. I think it could very well happen if they are able to draft Willis at 12. They'd have the MLB hole presumably filled and with Youboty and McCargo likely to see much more action this year (and no reason to believe they aren't still high on either of them), both DT and CB might be pushed lower than we think. Its not as crazy as some will try to tell you it is.

I've been considering that possibility of a suprise day 1 concentration on offense as well. I think it could very well happen if they are able to draft Willis at 12. They'd have the MLB hole presumably filled and with Youboty and McCargo likely to see much more action this year (and no reason to believe they aren't still high on either of them), both DT and CB might be pushed lower than we think. Its not as crazy as some will try to tell you it is.

I agree 100%. Willis-RB-WR-Def day 1 selections IMO

The only problem with the whole scenario is that I actually don't think Patrick Willis is going to be available at 12. Then what? I believe we're in first round RB/WR territory if that happens, and in fact, I believe that Lynch, Meachem or Bowe will ultimately be our pick at 12. That could throw the whole thing back into a defensive concentration if the Bills feel that they must use their remaining first day picks on that side to maximize the odds of finding a couple of immediate contributors.

I think it all depends on that first pick.

The only problem with the whole scenario is that I actually don't think Patrick Willis is going to be available at 12. Then what? I believe we're in first round RB/WR territory if that happens, and in fact, I believe that Lynch, Meachem or Bowe will ultimately be our pick at 12. That could throw the whole thing back into a defensive concentration if the Bills feel that they must use their remaining first day picks on that side to maximize the odds of finding a couple of immediate contributors.

I think it all depends on that first pick.

Is there any chance the Bills try to shore up this area through free agency? There are 2 veteran players that I like that are still out there (last I checked) Antonio Bryant and Keenan McCardell. I know Bryant has attitude issues and that may prevent him from fitting in here, but he's got talent, he's young and we may be able to get him on more of an incentive based contract while he rehabs his image.

Is there any chance the Bills try to shore up this area through free agency? There are 2 veteran players that I like that are still out there (last I checked) Antonio Bryant and Keenan McCardell. I know Bryant has attitude issues and that may prevent him from fitting in here, but he's got talent, he's young and we may be able to get him on more of an incentive based contract while he rehabs his image.
I hear Moulds is available. <_< Seriously I would be happy if the Bills signed McCardell. I think he still has a couple more years in him.

I don't really think McCardell adds much value to the roster at this point in his career. He'd be just another depth player at position that is loaded with guys who shouldn't be starting. Bryant has worn out his welcome with every team he has played for.

With the exception of an occasional bargain basement signing, I think they're done in FA, anyway.

I don't really think McCardell adds much value to the roster at this point in his career. He'd be just another depth player at position that is loaded with guys who shouldn't be starting. Bryant has worn out his welcome with every team he has played for.

With the exception of an occasional bargain basement signing, I think they're done in FA, anyway.

McCardell still has plenty of speed, and good hands. I think he would be a solid #2.

I don't know about the big receiver need. I just remember looking at the Rams box score from when Warner was tearing it up and thinking, who the heck are these people catching touchdowns? No big names, just every te and fb on the roster seemed to catch a td during those years.

I think they're going to give Robert Royal a chance to be the big receiver and see where it takes them. Since (hopefully) he doesn't have to hold Pennington's hand this year.

I don't know about the big receiver need. I just remember looking at the Rams box score from when Warner was tearing it up and thinking, who the heck are these people catching touchdowns? No big names, just every te and fb on the roster seemed to catch a td during those years.

I think they're going to give Robert Royal a chance to be the big receiver and see where it takes them. Since (hopefully) he doesn't have to hold Pennington's hand this year.

The Rams had several well-known players in 1999. Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt, and Isaac Bruce all played major roles in their Super Bowl season. Az-Zahir Hakim and Ricky Proehl also played on that team and have had long, successful careers as #3 WR, though both left the Rams a few years ago. The only one that really never made his mark in the NFL was TE Roland Williams.

They didnt have a tall reciever....but they have had two #1's(Holt&Bruce) for years now.....

They didnt have a tall reciever....but they have had two #1's(Holt&Bruce) for years now.....

Actually, I thought Fairchild was there with Warner, but I was mistaken. My fault. What I was talking about was the Rams ability to use their TE in the red zone as well as Holt, Bruce, Faulk etc. In thinking of the Rams from that time until now, I see lots of small fast receivers, sort of what the Bills have now. They didn't put a premium on size. That's why I don't think we have the interest to draft a big receiver.

That's why I wouldn't be suprised if they went with Ginn in the first round, although I would be disappointed.