Vote for kerry and Paraplegics will walk again

Wow, if only Chris reeves could have stayed alive until after the election. If kerry would have won, he would have been cured and his dream of walking would have been realized.

I think I have seen it all now, what a great idea to go after the cripple, maimed, and disabled vote. What’s next the autistic vote? Oh sorry I forgot they probably already have made arrangements for that. Something like have a van that goes around town and pickup Rainman and friends and take them to the polls, and then conveniently helps move their hands to the appropriate chad hole.

Just a question, but will these losers stop at nothing to try to get a vote. This is really unbelieveable.

here is his wacky quote:

Edwards Stem Cell Vision: 'We will stop juvenile diabetes, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and other debilitating diseases... When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going get up out of that wheelchair and walk again.' Edwards made the unprecedented campaign promises during 30-minute speech at Newton High School gym in Newton, Iowa

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, if only Chris reeves could have stayed alive until after the election. If kerry would have won, he would have been cured and his dream of walking would have been realized.

I think I have seen it all now, what a great idea to go after the cripple, maimed, and disabled vote. What’s next the autistic vote? Oh sorry I forgot they probably already have made arrangements for that. Something like have a van that goes around town and pickup Rainman and friends and take them to the polls, and then conveniently helps move their hands to the appropriate chad hole.

Just a question, but will these losers stop at nothing to try to get a vote. This is really unbelieveable.

here is his wacky quote:

Edwards Stem Cell Vision: 'We will stop juvenile diabetes, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and other debilitating diseases... When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going get up out of that wheelchair and walk again.' Edwards made the unprecedented campaign promises during 30-minute speech at Newton High School gym in Newton, Iowa

67579[/snapback]

I heard Edwards' quote. It sounded more like he meant "Vote for Kerry and he will raise the dead." <_<

But even what he really meant...it's so pandering it's nauseating. Fully the equivalent of saying "It's Bush's fault you can't walk" in a cheap attempt to get votes.

Christopher Reeves was mentioned by John Kerry last week during debate #2 which of course you well-informed and open minded gentleman watched and dissected.

If everyone followed your logic and Bush's logic we'd be thinking horsedrawn carriages were riske'.

Conservatives are such frightened little people. Change is natural and can be good. And if there were no explorers or people willing to push the envelope where would we all be?

Probably living in the shadows, afraid. LIke in The Dark Ages.

A great Conservative Era come to think of it. Imagine how people like you would have freaked out over the Renaissance.

Bush..like him or not..is a man of faith...So he views Stem Cell research as killing an unborn child. ...It's a fine line.....I haven't made up my mind on this issue...It's hard. ..You never know what will become of the embryo if it's allowed to be born or if it even will be...It's not an easy decision for anyone who values life..There's alot of ifs.....You seem to make light of his faith and everyone elses. That's called religious bias....Maybe you and the communists can get together and form the Blzrul Party.

Christopher Reeves was mentioned by John Kerry last week during debate #2 which of course you well-informed and open minded gentleman watched and dissected.

If everyone followed your logic and Bush's logic we'd be thinking horsedrawn carriages were riske'.

Conservatives are such frightened little people. Change is natural and can be good.  And if there were no explorers or people willing to push the envelope where would we all be?

Probably living in the shadows, afraid.  LIke in The Dark Ages.

A great Conservative Era come to think of it.  Imagine how people like you would have freaked out over the Renaissance.

67620[/snapback]

So how did you feel about Bush's plan for Mars? Or did that suck because he mentioned it?

Check out Post #11.

And swede, if you don't follow the link, embryonic stem cells aren't derived by embryos that will or could be viable. They come from leftover embryos from in-vitro fertilization that wouldn't ever be used, and eventually destroyed anyway. This is a seperate issue from abortion, tho some people like to mislead others to think it isn't.

And no, stem cell research wouldn't have helped Mr. Reeve in time. That's not what he was fighting for. He was fighting to push the research ahead so cures might eventually be found. Cures for diseases you may someday have. Funny how, like the Reagans, your opinions change when it hits home. Spending seven years of his life, a lot of his own money, for something he wouldn't even benefit from? How dare you people disrespect him with your crap!

Nice how you didn't want to respond to that thread b/c the facts suck for you. Had to start your own and push that one down the line.....

Something about that quote makes me ill.

Oh and by the way, don't call me a right wing Christian wacko.  I haven't been to church in years and don't plan on going anytime in the near future.

67693[/snapback]

Well, then I guess you're disgusted by in-vitro fertilization. Until you're one of the many couples who needs to use it to conceive a child.

Sorry. That's the science. They take a lot of eggs, they take the sperm, mix it together and many embryos are formed. The doctor selects several that appear the most viable and implants them. A lot of the embryos are not viable, a lot of them are really weird-looking. They freeze or destroy the rest.

It's the body human. Double U, Tee, Eff?

Shall we compare the two quotes to keep your impeccable logic at a perfect 100%?

Kerry

Chris Reeve is a friend of mine. Chris Reeve exercises every single day to keep those muscles alive for the day when he believes he can walk again, and I want him to walk again.

Edwards

'We will stop juvenile diabetes, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and other debilitating diseases... When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going get up out of that wheelchair and walk again'

:doh:;);)

Conservatives are such frightened little people. Change is natural and can be good.  And if there were no explorers or people willing to push the envelope where would we all be?

Oh, let's also ignore the tiny tidbit of history that explorers were motivated by profit.

BTW, can I use your quote on change being natural and being good, the next time you rush to post unemployment figures?

Well, then I guess you're disgusted by in-vitro fertilization. Until you're one of the many couples who needs to use it to conceive a child.

Sorry. That's the science. They take a lot of eggs, they take the sperm, mix it together and many embryos are formed. The doctor selects several that appear the most viable and implants them. A lot of the embryos are not viable, a lot of them are really weird-looking. They freeze or destroy the rest.

It's the body human. Double U, Tee, Eff?

67704[/snapback]

Thanks for the science lesson Mr. Wizard. And yes I am disgusted with in-vitro. Choosing one life over another in my opinion is not right. So they can't have children, maybe it wasn't meant to be. With all the children in this country that would give anything to be adopted into a loving family there should be no reason to have to do this. My wife had a boss who did this and 5 children, yes children, were conceived but they kept only two. The others, if they had been given a chance could have grown up to be President some day.

Chef..That was my point...Who are we to decide...So they chose 2 to become children and 3 to die or not become children? Man..It is a difficult choice....One I can't make right now. We as humans meddle in nature way too much...maybe we should lets whats gonna be gonna be.

Thanks for the science lesson Mr. Wizard.  And yes I am disgusted with in-vitro.  Choosing one life over another in my opinion is not right.  So they can't have children, maybe it wasn't meant to be.  With all the children in this country that would give anything to be adopted into a loving family there should be no reason to have to do this.  My wife had a boss who did this and 5 children, yes children, were conceived but they kept only two.  The others, if they had been given a chance could have grown up to be President some day.

67708[/snapback]

One of my cousins had quadruplets and now is probably changing diapers 24/7. You can't stop people like your wife's boss from being irresponsible a-holes. But I'm not going to stop people from doing something just because there is the possibility of situations like that b/c a select few are idiots. Just like you don't take away everyone's gun b/c someone robs a bank. Is eating chicken eggs disgusting? Do you want everyone to stop doing that? Because what if they had been fertilized? That could have been a chicken that you just ate!

If you're disgusted by in-vitro (which simply gives the process of life an assist), don't look up photos of in-body conception.... The human body is a pretty ugly and beautiful thing at the same time.

Check out Post #11.

And swede, if you don't follow the link, embryonic stem cells aren't derived by embryos that will or could be viable. They come from leftover embryos from in-vitro fertilization that wouldn't ever be used, and eventually destroyed anyway. This is a seperate issue from abortion, tho some people like to mislead others to think it isn't.

And no, stem cell research wouldn't have helped Mr. Reeve in time. That's not what he was fighting for. He was fighting to push the research ahead so cures might eventually be found. Cures for diseases you may someday have. Funny how, like the Reagans, your opinions change when it hits home. Spending seven years of his life, a lot of his own money, for something he wouldn't even benefit from? How dare you people disrespect him with your crap!

Nice how you didn't want to respond to that thread b/c the facts suck for you. Had to start your own and push that one down the line.....

67676[/snapback]

Because the government should be funding medical research. I remember reading about that in the Constitution.

This post is kind of redundant to Darin's but what part of the President's job description states that he is responsible for making sure people who cannot walk will some day be able to?   I do not want my tax dollars used for that.

67777[/snapback]

Hence the reason America is no longer America. The voting populous now looks to the government to solve all their ills. So much for old fashioned American ingenuity.

I'd much rather give my money to charities who will make sure over 90% of the basis will end up where it needs to go with less than 10% on the paperwork side. The government is pretty much the John Kerry (flip flop) of that.

EXAMPLE:

Today the federal government is still funding AIDS research ($1.6 BILLION) more than Cancer research ($1.5 BILLION). This is despite the FACT that cancer kills TWELVE TIMES more Americans Annually than AIDS. Nothing better than political pandering taking the place of common sense.

Given these numbers, does anyone honestly think the electorate would agree with the decisions of our representatives on this? Certainly not the majority (though this is not widely reported news - begging another question). All the more reason to eliminate this type of funding all together.

Because the government should be funding medical research.  I remember reading about that in the Constitution.

67773[/snapback]

Mmm. And in Article II, every time it gives details to the Office of the President and uses the third person, the Framers used "he." So, I guess only a man can be president then? (On edit: This might not be such a bad idea... :doh:) I also don't remember reading about them funding paved roads, but the government did that too, b/c it promotes capitalism.

I see medical research, and indeed, medical care as a situation of national security. Especially in this day and age with SARS, cancer, AIDS, SIDS, premature birth, etc. We lose how many people to disease and sickness every year? Flu kills 36,000 annually, when we have vaccine -- how many will die this year b/c our domestic pham. companies don't think there's enough of a profit in it? People who could live to make valuble contributions or grow up to be our future doctors, soldiers, bankers, firefighters.... A country's population represents, in essence, how many people they have to fight and produce for their country. Our population growth rate has declined rather steadily while other parts of the world has increased exponentially. By having better health care and conducting ethically guided research, we can save millions of lives. And yes, there are many scientists who are absolutely amazed with what stem cells can do, and this is the early phases of the technology. It's not pie-in-the-sky theory. AD, I'll take your oft-mantra and say, Yeah YOU know where best to spend the money. How about a day when AIDS in this country gets to proportions like Africa or China? It's about diversification of resources. There's successful treatments for cancer; so far there's no cure for AIDS.... That's how it works. We've done missile defense, multi-lateral talks, (had) UN weapons inspectors, foreign aid to North Korea in response to their nukes. We bank on the hope that one or all of them will work.

But people do want $1 trillion to be spent on this missile defense.... I don't personally agree with abortion either but maybe you should rethink calling yourselves "pro-LIFE."

Mmm. And in Article II, every time it gives details to the Office of the President and uses the third person, the Framers used "he." So, I guess only a man can be president then? (On edit: This might not be such a bad idea...  :doh:) I also don't remember reading about them funding paved roads, but the government did that too, b/c it promotes capitalism.

I see medical research, and indeed, medical care as a situation of national security. Especially in this day and age with SARS, cancer, AIDS, SIDS, premature birth, etc. We lose how many people to disease and sickness every year? Flu kills 36,000 annually, when we have vaccine -- how many will die this year? People who could live to make valuble contributions or grow up to be our future doctors, soldiers, bankers, firefighters.... A country's population represents, in essence, how many people they have to fight and produce for their country. Our population growth rate has declined rather steadily while other parts of the world has increased exponentially. By having better health care and conducting ethically guided research, we can save millions of lives. And yes, there are many scientists who are absolutely amazed with what stem cells can do, and this is the early phases of the technology. It's not pie-in-the-sky theory.

But you do want $1 trillion to be spent on missile defense.... I don't personally agree with abortion either but maybe you should rethink calling yourselves "pro-LIFE."

67793[/snapback]

You head back and find a post where I called myself "pro life" or "pro choice". I've never advocated spending money on missile defense, either. My stance on the size and scope of the military doesn't fit with either of these parties. But hey, pidgeon hole if it helps your argument.

"Section 8: To provide Post Offices and Post Roads" - that pretty much handles the road thing.

I don't want the government spending my money on boondoggles. I'd much prefer to choose which entity gets it. It certainly wouldn't be AIDS research.

It certainly wouldn't be AIDS research.

67799[/snapback]

Because that's the "gay cancer"?

AIDS doesn't discriminate.

And I added some to the previous post. (Edit feature is nice for when you forget a couple-few sentences.)

BTW, it's not like stem cell research breaks the bank. Federal funding in 2003 was about $17 million for embryonic stem cells, about $150 million for adult stem cells. I met someone whose cancer was beaten w/ ASC, who said the doctors were even more excited about what ESC could do for treatments. This is a drop in the ocean for the govt, and for the research it produces, it's well worth it. The biggest part of Bush's directive, tho is just the physical place and equipment where researchers can do their testing. As it stands, if they get ANY federal funding for their other work, they have to literally set up and work in another lab to work on lines created after August 2001 -- the ones that weren't grown w/ mouse cells as starters.

A great Conservative Era come to think of it.  Imagine how people like you would have freaked out over the Renaissance.

67620[/snapback]

It is amazing how much ignorance and hate one person can squeeze into a single post. What a bitter, miserable, desperate person.

You must be a barrel of laughs at parties.

Now, run along. I think some cartoons are on. They are more your speed.

I'd much rather give my money to charities who will make sure over 90% of the basis will end up where it needs to go with less than 10% on the paperwork side.

AD -- don't you realize that the government knows best which causes are worthy of funding and how much they deserve? I would think the extreme deliberation and care our legislatures apply in evaluating each cause and finding a fair amount of funding makes it worth the added administrative costs for the taxpayer. :doh:

It is amazing how much ignorance and hate one person can squeeze into a single post. What a bitter, miserable, desperate person.

EB -- it's going to be a long three weeks around here. Here's some advice: if there are people who get your blood boiling due to their bitter partisanship and lack of writing anything bordering on insightful (e.g., blzrul), just go to your profile and use the ignore feature. It has made my time on PPP a lot more productive lately.