Alan Branch not in Kiper's top 25

freester

In today's update Alan Branch is off the big board. Is he the next Jonathan Sullivan, Jimmy Kennedy or Ryan Sims? If he is available at 12 do we take him? I usually respect Mel's rankings, but most other experts have him rated higher.

In today's update Alan Branch is off the big board. Is he the next Jonathan Sullivan, Jimmy Kennedy or Ryan Sims? If he is available at 12 do we take him? I usually respect Mel's rankings, but most other experts have him rated higher.

1. trade down

2. get more picks

3. get more good players

4. check with TSW to see if that was good move

5. win all games including the Super Bowl....

its that easy!

I respect nothing Kiper says. For a guy who all he does is concentrate on the draft and blow the big named players he is way to inaccurate in what teams need and what they look for. I guess all that hairspray killed alot of brain cells.

If Okoye, Willis and Peterson are all off the board when we pick at 12, we can trade down a few spots and probably still get Branch and add some picks as well, than trade back into the first round and get Pozluzny, the best corner left on the board, or maybe the tight end from Miami Olsen. All of a sudden Alan Branch sucks, what did he lose one of his legs? He will be a beast in the pros.

Can't trade down unless you have a willing partner and not unless the trade benefits both teams. You guys make it sound like trading down is the easiest thing to do.

Now I usually don't agree with Kiper all the time but to say that Branch will be a bust because he isn't on Kipers top 25 list is kind of funny lol.

I'm not a fan of Branch but I'm not going to call him a bust already when he hasn't even played a down.

Can't trade down unless you have a willing partner and not unless the trade benefits both teams. You guys make it sound like trading down is the easiest thing to do.

Now I usually don't agree with Kiper all the time but to say that Branch will be a bust because he isn't on Kipers top 25 list is kind of funny lol.

I'm not a fan of Branch but I'm not going to call him a bust already when he hasn't even played a down.

Agreed..................

We cant go by everything Kiper says. Im sure he knows his college football and how to rank players. But for real, noone knows how they will turnout. Look at Colston from the Saints, he was drafted real late in the draft and hes a stud in the making.

We shouldnt try to label anyone a bust until they have played in the NFL for 2 plus years.....and to me even calling someone a bust after 2 years is wrong.

He probably is a bust if he's not in the top 25.

Doesn't a player actually have to go out and prove that he sucks on the field before he can be considered a bust?

If he falls in the draft into the second or third round and then performs like a second or third round pick, isn't he just meeting expectations.

Doesn't a player actually have to go out and prove that he sucks on the field before he can be considered a bust?

If he falls in the draft into the second or third round and then performs like a second or third round pick, isn't he just meeting expectations.

No, Mel Kiper knows all and is secretly a ninja. :blink::nana::)