North Korea Nuclear Weapons Talks Break Down

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070322/ap_on_...7Cq1tLisqvMWM0F

Hopefully this will work out itself out. I read somewhere that it would only take the launching of 20 nuclear weapons to destroy the Earth for good. :thumbsup:

The same thing it means as the last couple dozen times talks broke down: North Korea was never serious about them, and was only using them as a stalling tactic.

"I read somewhere that it would only take the launching of 20 nuclear weapons to destroy the Earth for good."

That sounds pretty dubious to me. I could see how that might possibly cause conditions so harsh that it might lead to the extinction of the human race but I think that some form of life would certainly survive and over time the planet would recover.

"I read somewhere that it would only take the launching of 20 nuclear weapons to destroy the Earth for good."

That sounds pretty dubious to me. I could see how that might possibly cause conditions so harsh that it might lead to the extinction of the human race but I think that some form of life would certainly survive and over time the planet would recover.

Ya, I think it could send the earth into a dark age. Certaintly there would be some major reprecussions if the global economy shut down and some areas were cut off from oil, fresh water, and coffee. Extremist movements would grown up, migrations would take place and wars would follow.

Ya, I think it could send the earth into a dark age. Certaintly there would be some major reprecussions if the global economy shut down and some areas were cut off from oil, fresh water, and coffee. Extremist movements would grown up, migrations would take place and wars would follow.

From 20 nukes?

We dropped two on Japan. The long-term local impact was insignificant. What makes you people think 20 worldwide is going to have a devastating global impact? Hell, there've been years when twice as many were tested...and we're still here.

Use some common sense, you retards.

From 20 nukes?

We dropped two on Japan. The long-term local impact was insignificant. What makes you people think 20 worldwide is going to have a devastating global impact? Hell, there've been years when twice as many were tested...and we're still here.

But, but, but, in one of the Planet of the Apes movies, it only took ONE Armaggedon bomb to destroy the whole planet.

If one does it in the movies, shouldn't 20 be more than enough in real life? :thumbsup:

From 20 nukes?

But weren't the two dropped on Japan far less destructive than today's nukes? Still, I agree with you. It would probably take far more than 20 to have a devastating global impact.

But weren't the two dropped on Japan far less destructive than today's nukes? Still, I agree with you. It would probably take far more than 20 to have a devastating global impact.

Less destructive...probably more radioactive. Depends on the design (and deployment - nukes detonated lower down kick up more debris, obviously), but modern fusion bombs can be made much cleaner than WWII-era fission bombs. I'd sooner worry about bio-weapons (particularly as the North Koreans are rumored to have the smallpox virus) ending the world than nukes.

I don't know if you ever saw the old Redd Foxx show across the pond. But every time some poses a question like that to Tom, I feel like Redd trying to stop someone from asking Ray Johnson about his name.

I don't know if you ever saw the old Redd Foxx show across the pond. But every time some poses a question like that to Tom, I feel like Redd trying to stop someone from asking Ray Johnson about his name.

Is that the old "...but you doesn't have to call me Johnson!" skit?

Fitting... :blink:

From 20 nukes?

on the plus side, nuclear winter would quickly put an end to this whole global warming debate.

You rang?

You need to get laid, Ed.

And I'm only saying this because: you're a friggin' newlywed, and you're posting on the PPP board. Why aren't you on your !@#$ing honeymoon????? Walk away from the computer, and go bang your new bride. <_<