Nazis controlling our ports?

GG

Um, I hope you're just joking around. The Japanese--not the Nazis--attacked Pearl. Germany declared war a few days later. Their goal was to sink the weapons-laden ships we were sending to the Soviets and the British.

One of my friends went to school in Japan. She said they teach the kids that Pearl Harbor was retaliation for a US blockade.

I'm just saying...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my friends went to school in Japan. She said they teach the kids that Pearl Harbor was retaliation for a US blockade.

The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor because FDR had ordered an embargo on oil sales to the Japanese. The Japanese only had a limited supply of oil in reserve, and it wouldn't last them forever. They tried to negotiate an end to the embargo, but the offers FDR made were so one-sided he knew the Japanese would reject them.

The oil embargo was one of a series of provocations FDR deliberately initiated against the Japanese. Others included a plan to double the size of the U.S. Navy, moving the Pacific fleet from California to Hawaii, etc. His hope was to convince the Japanese that war with the U.S. was inevitable, and that they ought to strike us soon while we were weak.

The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor because FDR had ordered an embargo on oil sales to the Japanese. The Japanese only had a limited supply of oil in reserve, and it wouldn't last them forever. They tried to negotiate an end to the embargo, but the offers FDR made were so one-sided he knew the Japanese would reject them.

The oil embargo was one of a series of provocations FDR deliberately initiated against the Japanese. Others included a plan to double the size of the U.S. Navy, moving the Pacific fleet from California to Hawaii, etc. His hope was to convince the Japanese that war with the U.S. was inevitable, and that they ought to strike us soon while we were weak.

Yep, yep, yep. All true. But of course, FDR wasn't willing to fight a war about OIL! FDR was a liberal democrat which makes that impossible.

NO BLOOD FOR OIL!

Yep, yep, yep. All true. But of course, FDR wasn't willing to fight a war about OIL! FDR was a liberal democrat which makes that impossible.

NO BLOOD FOR OIL!

FDR didn't order the embargo because of his deep concern about oil. He ordered it because he wanted to get the U.S. involved in WWII; and knew the American people would refuse to go to war unless we'd been attacked.

FDR didn't order the embargo because of his deep concern about oil. He ordered it because he wanted to get the U.S. involved in WWII; and knew the American people would refuse to go to war unless we'd been attacked.

Had nothing to do with Japanese aggression in China, of course...it was all a sneaky underhanded plan by that Commie Roosevelt to get the US involved in a foreign war.

Had nothing to do with Japanese aggression in China, of course...it was all a sneaky underhanded plan by that Commie Roosevelt to get the US involved in a foreign war.

He didn't have any pictures in the family album with Josef. So he lured the Japanese into war, so that he could have a photo op 4 years later. It all really makes sense.

He didn't have any pictures in the family album with Josef. So he lured the Japanese into war, so that he could have a photo op 4 years later. It all really makes sense.

I'm sure there's some significance, too, in US involvement in the European war lasting almost exactly 3.5 years. <_<

You really think FDR was bothered by the Japanese aggression against the Chinese. :rolleyes: If FDR was the anti-expansionist saint you portray him as, why did he hand the Soviets Eastern Europe?

You really think FDR was bothered by the Japanese aggression against the Chinese. :thumbsup: If FDR was the anti-expansionist saint you portray him as, why did he hand the Soviets Eastern Europe?

:rolleyes:

Do you read books, or just their covers?

:rolleyes:

Do you read books, or just their covers?

His stupidity reaches new heights on a daily basis. Only, he chooses not call it stupidity, because that would appear to be demeaning. He chooses to call it "anti-intelligence"

His stupidity reaches new heights on a daily basis. Only, he chooses not call it stupidity, because that would appear to be demeaning. He chooses to call it "anti-intelligence"

Not as demeaning as being racially impure, though.

Is there some way we can through "sincerity" into that mix? Because I'm pretty sure the average of intelligence, sincerity, and stupidity would be "insipidity", which pretty well describes what he's regressing towards.

<_<

<_<

:blink:

Of course, that just demonstrates that neither you nor I understand the intricacies of the "test-retest" phenomenon...when you point to Waldo, you're actually testing his position. When you point again, you're re-testing his position, and you'll be less wrong, hence Waldo himself regresses to the center of the page...

Of course, that just demonstrates that neither you nor I understand the intricacies of the "test-retest" phenomenon...when you point to Waldo, you're actually testing his position. When you point again, you're re-testing his position, and you'll be less wrong, hence Waldo himself regresses to the center of the page...

And if you apply that method through the book eventually all the Waldo's will appear on page 3.5