Global Warming...

You're a much better dancer than a writer. Even as you admit that there's still ongoing debate among the scientific community about global warming, you waste no time praising Al Gore's efforts to highlight a problem that you admit may not even exist.

So, do you want that cookie now or later?

You really don't understand do you? It's not an act.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually your position is changing. At first you discounted all GW research as junk science. Now you have updated that to suggesting that the problem is too intractable for science. And you have upgraded junk science to "science" (with quotes). That is wishy washy.

You're wrong. It doesn't matter how many ways you spin it. Still wrong.

I don't recollect your calling me out, as if you somehow got my goat.

Why would I have to? The only people in this thread who think there is a winner/loser are YOU and Joey Balls. Try and figure out how funny that is to anyone with a clue.

I believe I continue to restate my original proposition, though from here out I will leave out the name calling. Hope you don't find that too wimpy.

Nah, wimpy is spelling the word "diick" and then trying to justify it as being "for the children". But thanks for leaving out the name calling, especially since you suck as much at it as you do at getting a cognizant point across.

But I am in the position to make demands. You need to back up your spew. You can't. You still won't give me a yea or a nay on the most simple question of all. I not only demand it, your unwillingness to show what you think is because it is a pretty weak position. And one you don't even believe yourself. Go ahead, say it. Say there is NO Global warming trend. Say that everyone who thinks so is wrong.

I've backed up plenty - with links, scientific papers, etc. You choose to ignore them, instead posting an IPCC link that shows "Global Warming based on Human Interaction". You consider that good science, as if the conclusion of a UN sponsored body being a load of schit could possibly mean the rest of the data is gospel.

C'mon mr. balls o'steel. Al Gore isn't here to beat up on.

Nah, he's probably off studying Global Warming further. You know, because he's a scientist.

Oh yeah. Al Gore has decided to spend his time preaching about a problem that could negatively impact the human race. Just a wee little thing.

And that makes him money grubbing? If he were pursuing the presidency, I'd allow that insight. If he were (like the scumbag Ron Regan) shilling for foreign companies after his political career was over, I'd accept that. If he were working for a pharmaceutical company trying to get drugs approved by using his political influence to trump the scientists (ala Rummey) I'd believe that.

But since you have trumpeted that what 90% of scientists believe: that the earth is in involved in a general warming progression that could fundamently change our society, since you have declared that junk science, then it must be so. Hah.

Your opinions on the Bills are entertaining. Your pompous political posturing in the face of real scientists who do this for a living; is just plain retarded.

The boy who said the emperor had no clothes was just in it for the money too.

Those self same scientists practicing "junk science" have given you a pretty cushy life. But you should join the portion of the human race that forever believes that their dogma is better than science - well, just because.

Most consider you a diick. Now you are a stupid diick.

Rock on.

Wow, you are dumber than a box of rocks. See Darin's post for specifics.

:w00t:

I thought that the gallery was fairly unequivocal. If you didn't mean to imply that Gore wasn't a scientist nor using science to back his cause, why did you bring up the comparison between an evangelist and a scientist, when the post you responded to specifically chided Gore for using the pretext of science to further his manbearpug hunt.

Perhaps you should change your name to TapTapTapDance. What is your point anyway? You don't want to admit that you carry Gore's luggage for his conclusion of global warming, yet you expect an answer to your nebulous question of what is science? What definition of science do you want? I don't think there's much dispute over the warming trend. The disputes are the causes, severity and potential remedies.

I find it ironic that you chastise him for carrying Gore's luggage when I have yet to see a discussion of global warming which is not moved to a political debate about Gore. Don't want to talk about GW? Attack Gore instead. Argue that man's contribution has not been fully determined. That will make the issue go away.

"Our spatial analysis of Antarctic meteorological data demonstrates a net cooling on the Antarctic continent between 1966 and 2000, particularly during summer and autumn."

<a href="http://ams.allenpress.com/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=10.1175%2F1520-0442(2000)013%3C1674%3AVATIAS%3E2.0.CO%3B2" target="_blank">It is thus quite surprising that despite apparent increase in global temperatures during the last 20 years (e.g., Jones et al. 1999), the Antarctic region in general shows slight cooling during the period. Such cooling could partly explain the slight positive trend in sea ice extent observed during the 1979–96 period by Cavalieri et al. (1997).

</a>

We have used ice-flow velocity measurements from synthetic aperture radar to reassess the mass balance of the Ross Ice Streams, West Antarctica. We find strong evidence for ice-sheet growth (+26.8 gigatons per year), in contrast to earlier estimates indicating a mass deficit (20.9 gigatons per year).

Temperatures could increase rapidly, and then decrease just as rapidly--as they have repeatedly over the past 420,000 years

Our data also suggest that the ice masses that border the Weddell Sea are more extensive than they were during the previous glacial minimum.

Keep in mind that Antarctica holds about NINETY PERCENT of the world's ICE. Draw your own conclusions. I know the hippies are all over Global Warming and I agree that we need better stewardship of the environment, but...

Good post. Very interesting.

I find it ironic that you chastise him for carrying Gore's luggage when I have yet to see a discussion of global warming which is not moved to a political debate about Gore. Don't want to talk about GW? Attack Gore instead. Argue that man's contribution has not been fully determined. That will make the issue go away.

Could it be that the resident global warming evangelist is the personification of the manbearpig dilemma? I'll leave the scientific debate to people more suited than I am. My biggest issue with global warming and the fearmongering that Saint Al has drawn to it, is taking attention and resources from serious problems that could be tackled more immediately, and provide a greater benefit to mankind. And it's something that I've been consistent in, even before the Oscars.

I find it ironic that the individual that says "I don't care if it is man-made or not", which is a tremendously critical question as to whether ANY resources (not just how many) should be spent to reverse/mitigate global climate change, sees all discussion of global climate change as being about the poster bearer of "let's do something now to trash our economy because if we don't, well I've seen the results of models that say we'll be in worse shape if we don't".

I find it ironic that the individual that says "I don't care if it is man-made or not", which is a tremendously critical question as to whether ANY resources (not just how many) should be spent to reverse/mitigate global climate change, sees all discussion of global climate change as being about the poster bearer of "let's do something now to trash our economy because if we don't, well I've seen the results of models that say we'll be in worse shape if we don't".

So you think I unfairly see all discussion of global climate change as being about Al Gore? Try reading the thread. Precisely three posts went by before we had "Hey Al, whatcha got to say about THIS?" Only after four more Gore digs (not in response to any comments) did PatPatPatSack begin on the other side, after which Gore was periodically re-introduced by the anti-warming crowd.

As to whether or not 'climate change is man-made' is critical to whether ANY resources should be devoted to it, please explain why. Is it neccessary to determine whether or not the bird flu virus is man-made before we decide to combat it? How about fighting forest fires? An asteroid screaming down on us, or the sun going nova? It seems perfectly reasonable that you can accept or reject the evidence of trouble without coming to a definitive conclusion about its cause. And with conclusion in hand, you can weigh your options.

So you think I unfairly see all discussion of global climate change as being about Al Gore? Try reading the thread. Precisely three posts went by before we had "Hey Al, whatcha got to say about THIS?" Only after four more Gore digs (not in response to any comments) did PatPatPatSack begin on the other side, after which Gore was periodically re-introduced by the anti-warming crowd.

As to whether or not 'climate change is man-made' is critical to whether ANY resources should be devoted to it, please explain why. Is it neccessary o determine whether or not the bird flu virus is man-made before we decide to combat it? How about fighting forest fires? An asteroid screaming down on us, or the sun going nova? It seems perfectly reasonable that you can accept or reject the evidence of trouble without coming to a definitive conclusion about its cause. And with conclusion in hand, you can weigh your options.

Because if global warming is not man made, how the hell could we fight it? <_<

If global warming is not man-made, then we can't do !@#$ all about it except for pray for the best. How do you reverse something that isn't happening? :thumbsup:

As to whether or not 'climate change is man-made' is critical to whether ANY resources should be devoted to it, please explain why. Is it neccessary to determine whether or not the bird flu virus is man-made before we decide to combat it? How about fighting forest fires? An asteroid screaming down on us, or the sun going nova? It seems perfectly reasonable that you can accept or reject the evidence of trouble without coming to a definitive conclusion about its cause. And with conclusion in hand, you can weigh your options.

Are you really so daft as to believe that bird flu virus is man made? Obviously many, but not all, forest fires are man-made.

How would you have us prevent the sun going nova? Does a 50% reduction in emissions eliminate that issue? IF the sun is the source of global climate change, and it very well could be from what I've read to date, how does destroying the U.S. economy effect global climate change?

UNDERSTANDING the CAUSE of global climate change SIGNIFICANTLY effects the responses to it. If it isn't caused by the activities of humans, it is VERY possible that humans can't reduce/avert it. If that is the case, then rather than tilt at windmills, we'd be better off adjusting to it's effects.

And you explicitly stated that you don't care whether global warming is man-made or not. Thank you for playing, I'm glad you are not in charge of my tax dollars.

:

And you explicitly stated that you don't care whether global warming is man-made or not. Thank you for playing, I'm glad you are not in charge of my tax dollars.

I don't care *because* in my determination it is real and there is now too much inertia to do anything about it. If I weren't at that point then the question would be more relevant.

How would you have us prevent the sun going nova? Does a 50% reduction in emissions eliminate that issue? IF the sun is the source of global climate change, and it very well could be from what I've read to date, how does destroying the U.S. economy effect global climate change?

UNDERSTANDING the CAUSE of global climate change SIGNIFICANTLY effects the responses to it. If it isn't caused by the activities of humans, it is VERY possible that humans can't reduce/avert it. If that is the case, then rather than tilt at windmills, we'd be better off adjusting to it's effects.

I wouldn't, and that's the point. If the sun is going to go nova, sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

If the basic climate patterns go off kilter, whether caused by man or not, then I do not believe even a complete cessation of man's activities can reverse it. They will seek a new equilibrium.

I don't know how many of you are actual scientists and have studied environmental systems. And while I do not claim to be an expert, I have studied these things before, under the tutelage of actual experts, so allow me to put my two cents onto the roller coaster:

1. On whether the Earth is actually warming - The real answer is we don’t know yet. The Earth goes through cycles where we get a bit hotter then cooler. So we really don’t know yet, and we won’t know for a while. Fact is, our records don’t go back far enough (or are accurate enough) to be sure at present.

2. Carbon Dioxide, water vapor, etc, will indeed absorb in the infrared (think HEAT), so putting more of it into the atmosphere cannot be a good thing. Problem is, in the last fifty years there has been an exponential increase in their addition to the atmosphere, and I cannot stress enough to you how brief a timeframe that is to base any conclusions on. We just haven’t been looking at their effect long enough yet.

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to limit their production and introduction to

the environment. But as someone (I think AD) pointed out, limiting our (the

USA) CO2 output does some good, but it does nothing to prevent China and India

from more than making up the difference for us.

3. Not ALL scientists are convinced that humans are the driving force behind any type of global warming. Contrary to popular belief, people who study these things for a living (the ones I know) are taking a very cautious approach in determining how much of a factor humans really are.

4. The fear of what melting arctic ice, whether from GW or not, means for the environment is quite possibly as bad as advertised. While not everyone agrees fully on this aspect of climate change either, effects of melting ice on thermohaline circulation can catastrophic. CAN be, not WILL be, or IS. Anyone who cares to discuss this aspect with me can do so if they wish.

To summarize, climatology and the factors influencing it are incredibility complex and are not fully understood. Some data suggesting that a possible increase in global mean temperature can have very serious and damaging effects on our planets, and certainly OUR, health has been discussed, as some posters have illustrated. But I want everyone to realize that we do not have all the answers yet. We don’t and are not likely to know for sure for some time. What we need to be doing is to be carefully studying the situation, and doing everything we can to limit our possible contribution to the overall input of greenhouse gases, without imposing stifling economic sanctions.

• 1 year later...

How many of you applauding Alaska Darin for his "interesting post" actually took the time to read these articles (and not just the abstracts or the excepts he posted in the links?). Why didn't anyone ask why he was presenting articles published nearly a decade ago as new research?

How many of you applauding Alaska Darin for his "interesting post" actually took the time to read these articles (and not just the abstracts or the excepts he posted in the links?). Why didn't anyone ask why he was presenting articles published nearly a decade ago as new research?

How exactly are they presented as "new research"? Or is that just another of your techniques in an attempt to win credibility?

You act as though the science in this area has grown leaps and bounds in the last decade. It hasn't. Or that these studies are irrelevant because of when some were published. They aren't.

There are still far more questions than answers despite the ridiculous "consensus" that "Global Warming" is at least "partially" because of human beings. Boy, that's damning.

"Science" that is based on runing computer models and not from reproducible experiments is not science. The models cant even produce the current conditions with the data we already have. And yes, I am a scientist.

How exactly are they presented as "new research"? Or is that just another of your techniques in an attempt to win credibility?

You act as though the science in this area has grown leaps and bounds in the last decade. It hasn't. Or that these studies are irrelevant because of when some were published. They aren't.

There are still far more questions than answers despite the ridiculous "consensus" that "Global Warming" is at least "partially" because of human beings. Boy, that's damning.

What makes these studies so effective in your opinion?

Answer my question first. How exactly was this information presented as new?

You don't think that if you're providing a "summary" (more like a cherry picked out of context sentence from the abstract) you should also provide the source and date. Even you said yourself that you didn't expect many people to go to the links and read for themselves.

"I'm not sure what posts you're referring to but when you post things on this forum, you have to consider the audience. There are not more than a handful of people here who are capable or willing to read much more than a summary."

Considering this and the fact that this forum is used to discuss current events it gives the impression that you were trying to deceive readers into believing that these were brand new studies. By the way, I've cherry picked some lines from these studies as well.

The records show that the warmest year recorded in this century occurred in 1998, the warmest 10 years in succession occurred in 1989–98, and the warmest decade is expected to be the 1990s. Surface air temperatures have indeed been reported to be on the rise in many stations in Antarctica, especially in the Antarctic peninsula, where the trends are as high as 0.5°C decade

Whether the ultimate cause of temperature increase is excess CO2, or a different orbit, or some other factor probably doesn't matter much. It could have been one or the other, or different combinations of factors at different times in the past. The effect is still the same. Nevertheless, the scientific consensus is that Greenhouse Trace Gases account for at least half of temperature increases, and that they strongly amplify the effects of small increases in solar radiation due to orbital forcing.

Unfortunately the other 3 articles require you to PAY to read more than just the abstract (By the way drawing conclusions from a scientific article after reading ONLY the abstract is a big no-no).

Hey elegantelliotoffen, read these and get back to me.

Global Warming Files

1. [YouTube] - The Great Global Warming Swindle
  2. [Google] - The Great Global Warming Swindle
  3. [YouTube] -

4. [YouTube] - Climate Catastrophe Cancelled
  5. [DivX Video] CAUTION CONTENT LANGUAGE - Penn and Teller - S06E06 - Being Green
  6. Penn & Teller: Al Gore is an EPA -- 'Egregiously Pushy A**hole'
  7. The Anti "Man-Made" Global Warming Resource, STOP the hysteria
  8. Man-made Global Warming - So What If It's a Hoax? By Geoffrey P. Hunt
  9. EARTH IN THE BALANCE Don't Believe the Hype Al Gore is wrong. There's no "consensus" on global warming. BY RICHARD S. LINDZEN
  10. FREE INQUIRY Climate of Fear Global-warming alarmists intimidate dissenting scientists into silence. BY RICHARD LINDZEN
  11. Why Global Warming is Probably a Crock By James Lewis
  12. [PDF] - Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth One-sided, Misleading, Exaggerated, Speculative, Wrong By Marlo Lewis, Jr.
  13. Gorey Truths 25 inconvenient truths for Al Gore. By Iain Murray
  14. Chill out over global warming By David Harsanyi
  15. HOT & COLD MEDIA SPIN CYCLE: A CHALLENGE TO JOURNALISTS WHO COVER GLOBAL WARMING SENATOR JAMES INHOFE CHAIRMAN, SENATE ENVIRONMENT AND PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
  16. Global Warming: The Cold, Hard Facts? By Timothy Ball
  17. There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998 By Bob Carter
  18. Resisting Global Warming Panic By J.R. Dunn
  19. A Necessary Apocalypse By J.R. Dunn
  20. GORE'S HOT AIR FLAKY FLICK SUFFERS FROM 'TRUTH' DECAY by Kyle Smith
  21. ALL THAT HOT AIR IS BAD FOR EARTH by Kyle Smith
  22. Inconvenient Truths for Al Gore A Skeptic's Guide to An Inconvenient Truth By Marlo Lewis
  23. Gore's flying visit questioned
  24. Group questions level of energy use at Gore home High electric billing records show 'green power' also was purchased By ANNE PAINE
  25. Al Gore's Personal Energy Use Is His Own "Inconvenient Truth" Gore's home uses more than 20 times the national average
  26. GORE CRITICIZED FOR HIGH ENERGY BILL
  27. Al Gore's 'Inconvenient Truth'? -- $30,000 utility bill
  28. Gore Responds to Charges His House Uses Too Much Electricity
  29. A Modest Proposal to Eco-Celebs Clarice Feldman
  30. Green Power Switch®
  31. Gore may get doctorate By Elena Rozwadowski
  32. Al Gore rains on his party Andrew Bolt
  33. Celebs Who Claim They're Green but Guzzle Gas
  34. Citadel, Shaw, Tudor Shun Global Warming as Short Sales Climb
  35. Say what? The report on global warming you didn't hear about BY TARA SERVATIUS
  36. The IPCC Should Leave Science to Scientists By Marc Sheppard
  37. Global warming activists turn storms into spin
  38. FOX News Poll: Most Americans Believe in Global Warming By Dana Rohinsky
  39. Global Warming Effects Could Be Seen in 10 Years Giant Mirrors to Deflect Sun Suggested as a Possible Solution
  40. AMS CERTIFIED WEATHERMAN STRIKES BACK AT WEATHER CHANNEL CALL FOR DECERTIFICATION
  41. Remember Global Cooling? Why scientists find climate change so hard to predict. By Jerry Adler
  42. [PDF 1975] - Newsweek: The Cooling World
  43. Amazing Mars picture show planet's 'dramatic climate changes'
  44. Cosmic rays blamed for global warming By Richard Gray, Science Correspondent, Sunday Telegraph
  45. On Global Warming: Follow the Money Indeed! By David Asman
  46. Who's Afraid of Global Warming? By J.R. Dunn
  47. An experiment that hints we are wrong on climate change Nigel Calder, former editor of New Scientist, says the orthodoxy must be challenged
  48. Del. global warming skeptic stands pat State climatologist on opposite side of governor in court case By JEFF MONTGOMERY
  49. Del. scientist's view on climate criticized Ties to big oil, industry-funded lobbies draw criticism By JEFF MONTGOMERY
  50. NOT THAT SIMPLE GLOBAL WARMING: WHAT WE DON'T KNOW By ROY W. SPENCER
  51. Al Gore, Global warming, Inconvenient Truth Scientists respond to Gore's warnings of climate catastrophe "The Inconvenient Truth" is indeed inconvenient to alarmists By Tom Harris
  52. Harper's letter dismisses Kyoto as 'socialist scheme'
  53. AEI Critiques of Warming Questioned Think Tank Defends Money Offers to Challenge Climate Report By Juliet Eilperin
  54. Two New Books Confirm Global Warming is Natural, Moderate
  55. The real deal? Against the grain: Some scientists deny global warming exists Lawrence Solomon, National Post
  56. Climatologist Timothy Ball sends PhD to Canada Free Press By Judi McLeod
  57. Global Hot Air Greenhouse hysteria. By Thomas Sowell
  58. Global Hot Air: Part II By Thomas Sowell
  59. Global Hot Air: Part III by Thomas Sowell
  60. Climate change: our fault, or cosmic consequence? JAMES MORGAN, Science Reporter
  61. Global warming is a theory, not scientific fact By PETER WORTHINGTON
  62. AMERICA REACTS TO SPEECH DEBUNKING MEDIA GLOBAL WARMING ALARMISM
  63. Global warming 'over-hyped'? By Christina Bellantoni
  64. Media climate By Greg Pierce
  65. Al Gore full of hot air: Klein, Gore bashes oil sands development By FRANK LANDRY
  66. Global Warming's Real Inconvenient Truth By Robert J. Samuelson
  67. Two New Books Confirm Global Warming is Natural; Not Caused By Human Activity Drudge Report
  68. Humans' beef with livestock: a warmer planet By Brad Knickerbocker
  69. Scientist Alleging Bush Censorship Helped Gore, Kerry By Marc Morano
  70. Spokesman for U.S. senator says global warming skeptics are 'demonized'
  71. Will the sun cool us? LAWRENCE SOLOMON
  72. No change in political climate By Ellen Goodman
  73. Global-warming skeptics cite being 'treated like a pariah' By Eric Pfeiffer
  74. Global warming debate spurs Ore. title tiff VINCE PATTON
  75. Bad Research, Worse Reporting on Global Warming By Dennis Byrne
  76. Inconvenient Kyoto Truths George F. Will
  77. Global Warming Skeptics Shunned By Fred Lucas
  78. Global Warming: Just Another Liberal Orthodoxy Chris Adamo
  79. Cleveland's weather wizards downplay global warming Michael Scott
  80. Antarctic temperatures disagree with climate model predictions
  81. The "carbon sink" and global warming James Lewis
  82. More Hot Air on Global Warming By Roger Aronoff
  83. Flights of Fancy by Gregg Easterbrook
  84. Hollywood Golightly An interview with Hollywood eco-crusader Laurie David By Amanda Griscom
  85. Who is Laurie David
  86. Can't stand the heat? Laurie David wants you Ray Richmond
  87. Why is global warming a forbidden topic for most TV weather reporters? Climate change is "controversial" and bad for ratings. By Linda Baker
  88. Kyoto is pointless, say 60 leading scientists By Philip Sherwell
  89. What about the left-wingers who put politics over science? Jay Ambrose
  90. Experts question theory on global warming Anil Anand
  91. The Executive Ranch The scoop on Bush's Texas getaway By Umbra Fisk
  92. Prairie Chapel Ranch From Wikipedia
  93. Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says
  94. Statistics needed -- The Deniers Part I
  95. Warming is real -- and has benefits -- The Deniers Part II
  96. The hurricane expert who stood up to UN junk science -- The Deniers Part III
  97. Polar scientists on thin ice -- The Deniers Part IV
  98. The original denier: into the cold -- The Deniers Part V
  99. The sun moves climate change -- The Deniers Part VI
  100. Will the sun cool us? -- The Deniers Part VII
  101. The limits of predictability -- The Deniers Part VIII
  102. Look to Mars for the truth on global warming -- The Deniers Part IX
  103. Limited role for C02 -- the Deniers Part X
  104. End the chill -- The Deniers Part XI
  105. Clouded research -- The Deniers Part XII
  106. Allegre's second thoughts -- The Deniers XIII
  107. The heat's in the sun -- The Deniers XIV
  108. Unsettled Science -- The Deniers XV
  109. Bitten by the IPCC -- The Deniers XVI
  110. http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/st...7f-53d338709fb1Little ice age is still within us -- The Deniers XVIIhttp://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/st...2d-947d65555e8e
  111. Fighting climate 'fluff' -- The Deniers XVIII
  112. Science, not politics -- The Deniers XIX
  113. Greenhouse effect is a myth, say scientists By JULIE WHELDON
  114. Gore's guru disagreed -- The Deniers XX
  115. The ice-core man -- The Deniers XXI
  116. Some restraint in Rome -- The Deniers XXII
  117. Discounting logic -- The Deniers XXIII
  118. Dire forecasts aren't new -- The Deniers XXIV
  119. They call this a consensus? - Part XXV
  120. NASA chief Michael Griffin silenced - Part XXVI
  121. Forget warming - beware the new ice age - Part XXVII
  122. The Great Global Warming Swindle
  123. Global-warming theory and the eugenics precedent By John Linder
  124. 'Hannity & Colmes' Lists More Than 70 Scientists Skeptical of Global Warming Hysteria Show proves case isn't closed, discusses major new documentary. By Dan Gainor
  125. Bush's Ranch House 'Far More Eco-Friendly' Than Gore's By Randy Hall
  126. All those scientists may still be wrong By Martin Livermore
  127. Global Warming will make you healthy and sexy By James Lewis
  128. Profit of Doom - Bill Hobbs
  129. Carbon credits: indulgence or commutation fee? Thomas Lifson
  130. Valentine bouquets 'are bad for the planet' By Nicole Martin
  131. Global-warming theory and the eugenics precedent By John Linder
  132. Sun Responsible for Global Warming
  133. Climate Momentum Shifting: Prominent Scientists Reverse Belief in Man-made Global Warming - Now Skeptics
  134. [XLS file] - Skeptic Scientists
  135. Polar Bear Baby Boom Occurring in Eastern Arctic, Will Media Notice?
  136. Polar bears 'thriving as the Arctic warms up' By Fred Langan in Toronto and Tom Leonard
  137. Global Warming Is Not a Crisis OPINION By PHILIP STOTT
  138. Danish scientist: Global warming is a myth
  139. GLOBAL 'SUNSCREEN' HAS LIKELY THINNED, REPORT NASA SCIENTISTS
  140. Researchers Question Validity Of A 'Global Temperature'
  141. Hummer Greener Than Prius?
  142. UK (C4) Documentary The Great Global Warming Swindle
  143. Al Gore's Science Fiction A Skeptic's Guide to An Inconvenient Truth by Marlo Lewis, Jr.
  144. [PDF] - Al Gore's Science Fiction A Skeptic's Guide to An Inconvenient Truth By Mario Lewis, Jr.
  145. [PDF] - A Skeptic's Primer on Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth One-Sided, Misleading, Exaggerated, Speculative, Wrong By Marlo Lewis, Jr.*
  146. [PDF] - Some Convenient Distortions A Brief Guide to Distortions, Misleading Statements, Exaggerations, and Errors in Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth* By Marlo Lewis, Jr.†
  147. Gore plan will harm us all By MARLO LEWIS JR
  148. Czech leader Klaus fights global warming 'religion'
  149. NASA Finds Sun-Climate Connection in Old Nile Records
  150. AL'S WARMING LIES & THE REAL 'INCONVENIENT TRUTH' By IAIN MURRAY
  151. Dazzling new images reveal the 'impossible' on the Sun
  152. The Big Chill by Kirk A. Maasch
  153. 150 Years of Global Warming and Cooling at the New York Times
  154. Global warming on trial Sixth-graders decide that humans aren't to blame By Ben Ready
  155. Gore's Faith Is Bad Science By Michael Barone
  156. In age of reason, the brouhaha over global warming can leave you cold
  157. Critic takes longer view of warming NED ROZELL ALASKA SCIENCE
  158. Global warming hits Mars too: study
  159. Study: Red planet heating up
  160. Forecaster says Al Gore does 'great disservice' with film about global warming Says Gore "a gross alarmist" By CAIN BURDEAU
  161. Why So Gloomy? By Richard S. Lindzen
  162. [2004] - Sunspots reaching 1,000-year high
  163. Scientist: Warming not caused by humans
  164. Climate change skeptics say it's hard to get heard
  165. Global warming debate 'irrational': scientists Stephanie Stein
  166. Industry caught in carbon 'smokescreen' By Fiona Harvey and Stephen Fidler in London
  167. Is Global Warming a Sin? Alexander Cockburn
  168. Climate change hits Mars - Jonathan Leake
  169. A New Ice Age: The Day After Tomorrow? by Brad Lemley
  170. [1996] - A Major Deception on Global Warming Op-Ed by Frederick Seitz
  171. Hurricane Forecaster: Oceans Cause Global Warming, Not CO2
  172. Scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming From Wikipedia
  173. Earth's Climate Is Seesawing, According To Climate Researchers Science Daily
  174. Scientists blame global warming on rice
  175. Not the End of the World as We Know It By Olaf Stampf
  176. SUNDAY SPECTATOR May 13, 2007 Getting cooler
  177. Did the U.N.'s IPCC Report Exaggerate CO2 Increases to Hype Global Warming?
  178. Climate Momentum Shifting: Prominent Scientists Reverse Belief in Man-made Global Warming - Now Skeptics
  179. Global warming debunked By ANDREW SWALLOW
  180. [Video] - Dr. Gray: People not to blame for global warming
  181. So how did An Inconvenient Truth become required classroom viewing? Even climate change experts say many of the claims in Al Gore's film are wrong. Kevin Libin
  182. Water Vapor Rules the Greenhouse System
  183. [Audio] - Dr. Gray Talks with Schnitt regarding Global Warming 05-22-2007 - Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6
  184. INHOFE OPENING STATEMENT: The Issue of the Potential Impacts of Global Warming on Recreation and the Recreation Industry" May 24, 2007
  185. Junk Science: Hot Air Study Melts Global Warming Theory By Steven Milloy
  186. NASA Administrator Michael Griffin Questions Need to Combat Warming
  187. Water Vapor Rules the Greenhouse System
  188. Global warming -- just "hysteria"?
  189. "Former German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt called for an end to the 'hysteria' over global warming in the lead-up to the [Group of Eight] summit
  190. Meteorologist: 'Al Gore's Global Warming is the Biggest Myth of the Century'
  191. Cut & paste: Greenhouse gas emissions do not lead to global warming
  192. Global Overheating by Jay D. Homnick
  193. Kilimanjaro not a victim of climate change, UW scientist says By Sandi Doughton
  194. Study: Kilimanjaro's shrinking snow not sign of warming
  195. Prius Outdoes Hummer in Environmental Damage By Chris Demorro
  196. High price for load of hot air
  197. Helping along global warming By Bill Steigerwald
  198. Local scientist calls global warming theory 'hooey' Samara Kalk Derby
  199. Read the sunspots R. TIMOTHY PATTERSON
  200. Read the sunspots - The mud at the bottom of B.C. fjords reveals that solar output drives climate change - and that we should prepare now for dangerous global cooling R. TIMOTHY PATTERSON
  201. Global warming skeptics score a few points By TED BYFIELD
  202. Richard Burr Left-winger counters global warming hysteria
  203. Global Warming Hysteria is a National Security Issue By Gerd Schroeder
  204. ABC's Global Warming Piece Ignores Decades of Hysteria from NASA's James Hansen
  205. An Archive of Resources on Global Warming, Division of Marine Sciences and Ecological Sciences, College of Arts & Sciences, Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, Florida, Edward T. "Terry" Wimberley, Ph.D., Professor, Division of Marine and Ecological Sciences
  206. Manmade Global Warming: The Real Assault on Reason By Marc Sheppard
  207. Alarmist global warming claims melt under scientific scrutiny BY JAMES M. TAYLOR
  208. Oldest DNA ever recovered shows warmer planet: report
  209. Ancient Greenland was actually green! DNA analysis reveals ice-covered country was once home to butterflies By Ker Than
  210. Cows that burp less aid climate fight Findings show new diets make them belch less, reduces greenhouse gas
  211. Global warming debunked By ANDREW SWALLOW
  212. All in a Good Cause By Orson Scott Card
  213. EPA to Probe Threatening E-Mail Sent to Global Warming Skeptic
  214. Latest Scientific Studies Refute Fears of Greenland Melt
  215. Global warming? Look at the numbers Lorne Gunter
  216. Blogger Finds Bug in NASA Global Warming Study?
  217. Blogger Finds Y2K Bug in NASA Climate Data
  218. [PDF] - Global Warming: Man-Made or Natural? S. Fred Singer Professor Emeritus, Environmental Sciences University of Virginia
  219. Breaking: Less Than Half of all Published Scientists Endorse Global Warming Theory
  220. Challenge to Scientific Consensus on Global Warming: Analysis Finds Hundreds of Scientists Have Published Evidence Countering Man-Made Global Warming Fears
  221. One More Reason to Distrust Global Warming Predictions By Jerome J. Schmitt
  222. The 'Old' Consensus? INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY
  223. Carbon dioxide did not end the last Ice Age
  224. [Video] - CNN Meteorologist: 'Definitely Some Inaccuracies' in Gore Film
  225. Evidence of Dire Global Warming Effects Scant
  226. John Stossel Exposes Global Warming Myths
  227. Most Preposterous Claim Ever [iain Murray]
  228. [YouTube] - Stossel- GMAB - Al Gore Global Warming Myth
  229. Al Gore's 'nine Inconvenient Untruths' By Sally Peck
  230. 35 Inconvenient Truths The errors in Al Gore's movie By Christopher Monckton of Brenchley
  231. Junk Science: Hey Al Gore, We Want a Refund!
  232. My Nobel Moment By JOHN R. CHRISTY
  233. Cool It: The Skeptical Environmentalist's Guide to Global Warming by Bjorn Lomborg Adjunct Professor at Copenhagen Business School and Author
  234. Global warming 'not linked' to typhoons By Roger Highfield
  235. Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming 'Greatest Scam in History'
  236. Global Warming Delusions BY DANIEL B. BOTKIN
  237. Al Gore Wrong Again
  238. NASA Debunks Part of Global Warming Myth, Will Media Report It?
  239. U.N. Climate Distractions By Steven Milloy
  240. A complete list of things caused by global warming
  241. Everything is Caused by Global Warming (600+ links) Christopher Alleva
  242. Planet-saving madness By Christopher Booker
  243. U.N. Climate Distractions By Steven Milloy
  244. It's the Sun, Stupid By Steven Milloy
  245. Warmist polar expedition was cancelled due to extreme cold Thomas Lifson
  246. The Greenest Hypocrites of 2007
  247. New Peer-Reviewed Study Finds 'Warming is naturally caused and shows no human influence'
  248. New Study Explodes Human-Global Warming Story
  249. Skeptical Scientists Urge World To 'Have the Courage to Do Nothing' At UN Conference
  250. The Pope condemns the climate change prophets of doom
  251. Sun, Not Man, Main Cause of Climate Change, New Study Says
  252. Study: Part of Global-Warming Model May Be Wrong
  253. Convenient Untruths Some who clamor for statist answers to this alleged climate crisis employ dodgy measurement techniques. By Deroy Murdock
  254. Arctic Sea Ice Re-Freezing at Record Pace
  255. Max Mayfield: 'No One Forced Me to Say Anything'
  256. Scientists doubt link for global warming, big hurricanes By Ken Kaye
  257. Global Carbon Tax Urged at UN Climate Conference
  258. Year of global cooling By David Deming
  259. U.S. Senate Report: Over 400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-Made Global Warming Claims in 2007 Senate Report Debunks "Consensus"
  260. Br-r-r! Where did global warming go?
  261. Changes in the Sun's Surface to Bring Next Climate Change
  262. A Solution to Man-Made Global Warming by Pat Sajak
  263. Antarctic volcanoes identified as a possible culprit in glacier melting
  264. Study says warming may curb hurricanes
  265. Climate shift: political rhetoric distorts reality Raymond J. Keating
  266. Experts challenge ice shelf claim
  267. The Sun Also Sets By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY
  268. Will Media Expose Global Warming Con Job? Written by Jerry Carlson
  269. The New Zealand Climate Science Coalition
  270. Baliunas Says Global Warming Related To Sun
  271. Greenhouse Affect
  272. Ethanol Worse Than Gasoline By Stephen Leahy
  273. Forget global warming: Welcome to the new Ice Age Lorne Gunter, National Post
  274. Earth's final sunset predicted
  275. Temperature Monitors Report Widescale Global Cooling Michael Asher
  276. The 2008 International Conference on Climate Change Sponsored by The Heartland Institute March 2 - March 4, 2008
  277. The Weather Channel Founder Wants to Sue Al Gore? Carbon Credit Money-Making Comes Under Fire
  278. [PDF] - The 2008 International Conference on Climate Change Sponsored Conference Speakers
  279. Prince Charles: Climate change is alarming
  280. Global-Warming Payola? By John Tierney
  281. Carbon Output Must Near Zero To Avert Danger, New Studies Say
  282. Scientists Skeptical of Global Warming Alarmism Join Forces
  283. The media snowjob on global warming Lorne Gunter
  284. Climate alarmists pose real threat to freedom Vaclav Klaus
  285. Climate panel on the hot seat By H. Sterling Burnett
  286. The Mystery of Global Warming's Missing Heat by Richard Harris
  287. Junk Science: The Global Warming Bubble By Steven Milloy
  288. Inconvenient Truth: Global Warming Ended Ten Years Ago By James Murray
  289. More trouble for the global warming movement
  290. Climate facts to warm to Christopher Pearson
  291. The oceans have stopped warming! By Dennis T. Avery
  292. American media ignores inconvenient science on global warming Jerome J. Schmitt
  293. TRMM (Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission) Data Set Potential in Climate Controversy By Joanne Simpson, private citizen
  294. Yet another inconvenient story ignored by the MSM.
  295. Junk Science: Kilimanjaro's Snow Cap Written By: James M. Taylor
  296. The Clean Energy Scam By MICHAEL GRUNWALD
  297. Global warming 'dips this year'
  298. Lord Lawson claims climate change hysteria heralds a 'new age of unreason' By Christopher Booker
  299. 2008: The year the world will cool down
  300. BBC Caught Editing Story To Appease Global Warming Lobbyist
  301. The BBC Changes News to Accommodate Activist
  302. Good science isn't about consensus
  303. Academic cool on warming
  304. Huge Dakota Oil Pool Could Change Energy Climate Debate By Dennis Avery
  305. BBC heats up the climate news Special to the Financial Post
  306. Geologist: Sun's shift could mean global chill 'Warming' fits 30-year cycles, geologist argues JOHN STARK
  307. Gore Admits Financial 'Stake' In Advancing Global Warming Hysteria
  308. Revisiting the global warming-hurricane link
  309. Gore Won't Ask Wealthy Hollywoodans to Alter Lifestyle to Save Planet
  310. Sorry to ruin the fun, but an ice age cometh Phil Chapman
  311. Gore Used Fictional Video to Illustrate 'Inconvenient Truth'
  312. Jeb Bush Skeptical About Global Warming
  313. Greenpeace founder now backs nuclear power
  314. Walter E. Williams: Environmentalists' wild predictions
  315. Hollywood Agenda: 'Day The Earth Stood Still' Remake Is All About Global Warming!
  316. NASA Confirms Natural Climate Shift Marc Sheppard
  317. Environmentalists' Wild Predictions
  318. Washington Post Enlists Kids in Fight for Polar Bears Lacking key facts, Post asks young readers to decide if polar bears 'deserve' to be listed as endangered. By Genevieve Ebel
  319. Gore Financially Invested in Climate Cause By Fred Lucas
  320. Global warming may 'stop', scientists predict
  321. You hippy-crites! When it comes to saving the planet do celebrities practise what they preach?
  322. Cold Water Thrown on Antarctic Global-Warming Predictions
  323. Study says global warming not worsening hurricanes
  324. Global warming hysteria challenged Book reveals how controversial the science is on climate change
  325. McCain Finds His Crisis in Global Warming By John Stossel
  326. 'Grantsmanship' Distorts Global Warming Science By Jerome J. Schmitt
  327. Myth of human CO2 causing warming or climate change The Unholy Alliance that manufactured Global Warming By Dr. Tim Ball
  328. Over 31,000 U.S. scientists deny man-made global warming By Dennis T. Avery
  329. Unlike Global Warming Alarmists, Hurricane Forecasters Now Deliberately Vague By P.J. Gladnick
  330. Global warming: Upon further review it looks like a hoax
  331. Roger F. Gay Global Warming: Has Anyone Noticed that it's Over?
  332. The end of the fake consensus on global warming Mark Milke
  333. White House issues climate report 4 years late
  334. Pouring cold water on climate report
  335. Climate concern ripped as 'religion' Czech leader condemns it David R. Sands
  336. Water Vapor Rules the Greenhouse System
  337. Global Whining vs. the Truth By Brian Sussman
  338. Gore Invests In Carbon Credit Company, Will Media Care?
  339. Congressman Rohrabacher's Floor Speech on Global Warming Washington, May 14
  340. Global Warming 'Alarmism' Is Hurting New Jersey Economy, Say Conservatives By Kevin Mooney
  341. Environmental Effects of Increased Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide Arthur B. Robinson, Noah E. Robinson, and Willie Soon Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine
  342. American Physical Society Sponsors Debate On Validity Of Global Warming Science
  343. You were saying something about a Global Warming Consensus?
  344. Former Global Warming Alarmist Deals Blow to Greenhouse Gas Theory
  345. Shifting of the Pacific Decadal Oscillation from its warm mode to cool mode assures global cooling for the next three decades. Don J. Easterbrook, Dept. of Geology, Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
  346. No smoking hot spot David Evans
  347. Bad luck, not global warming to blame By O'Ryan Johnson

I see alot of Op-Ed pieces yet NO scientific research! Is this going to become a contest to see who can link to more articles? I bet I could win!

By the way, Penn Gillette is one of your sources? Are you kidding me? You're trying to refute global warming by using the opinion of a graduate of Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Clown College!!!!!

By the way, Penn Gillette is one of your sources? Are you kidding me? You're trying to refute global warming by using the opinion of a graduate of Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Clown College!!!!!

Make sure you say hi at the reunion.

Citing a "clown" debunking Global Warming® is no worse than citing a rapper doing a skit on Colbert Report as evidence that Fox News is racist :lol:

btw, Penn is actually a very intelligent person and I'd recommend that you separate the man from his act before dismissing what he has to say

Citing a "clown" debunking Global Warming® is no worse than citing a rapper doing a skit on Colbert Report as evidence that Fox News is racist :lol:

btw, Penn is actually a very intelligent person and I'd recommend that you separate the man from his act before dismissing what he has to say

I actually like Penn Gillette, he was on Stern a few months ago and he was great. I wasn't the one who started the Nas/ Colbert thread.

You don't think that if you're providing a "summary" (more like a cherry picked out of context sentence from the abstract) you should also provide the source and date. Even you said yourself that you didn't expect many people to go to the links and read for themselves.

"I'm not sure what posts you're referring to but when you post things on this forum, you have to consider the audience. There are not more than a handful of people here who are capable or willing to read much more than a summary."

Considering this and the fact that this forum is used to discuss current events it gives the impression that you were trying to deceive readers into believing that these were brand new studies. By the way, I've cherry picked some lines from these studies as well.

Maybe because you're a simpleton. And this "forum" is used for a variety of purposes for a variety of reasons.

As far as the rest of your drivel, there's little difference between me giving a few contrarian links on this website than what Al Gore and his friends did with "An Inconvenient Truth". Well, except that I didn't attempt to spin anything or use fear mongering to make myself millions of dollars.

So? Generally through history when there are warming trends, they happen close together. That's why they call it a trend.

Ooh, the general scientific consensus is... on a subject they have a pinhead's worth of knowledge about.

Unfortunately the other 3 articles require you to PAY to read more than just the abstract (By the way drawing conclusions from a scientific article after reading ONLY the abstract is a big no-no).

I didn't draw any conclusions from an abstract. You did. Dumbass.

And I've read each one of those things in their entirety. Because I can.

As far as the rest of your drivel, there's little difference between me giving a few contrarian links on this website than what Al Gore and his friends did with "An Inconvenient Truth". Well, except that I didn't attempt to spin anything or use fear mongering to make myself millions of dollars.

I could care less about Al Gore's opinion on global warming, in fact I've never seen his movie.

And I've read each one of those things in their entirety. Because I can.

Can you please copy and paste the full article so that I may read them?

Yeah, he won't post the entire article for you, so HE never read them.

You really are a twit.

Well, it's kinda a given that he's another spoonfed moron with the ability to regurgitate whatever the EPA and other "agencies" toss his direction. So it's not unfathomable that his "group" are people who read a summary on occasion then wax poetically with their newfound knowledge.

I'm kinda glad he's here. It's always fun to tenderize fresh meat.

Well, it's kinda a given that he's another spoonfed moron with the ability to regurgitate whatever the EPA and other "agencies" toss his direction. So it's not unfathomable that his "group" are people who read a summary on occasion then wax poetically with their newfound knowledge.

I'm kinda glad he's here. It's always fun to tenderize fresh meat.

Can you name one scientific body that denies the existence of global warming? Because I only found one (The petroleum geologists, extremely credible). Forgive me for believing scientists over Ringlings Clown College =grad Penn Gillette and radio host Glenn Beck.

Can you name one scientific body that denies the existence of global warming? Because I only found one (The petroleum geologists, extremely credible).

:P

You are more of a lemming than I thought.

Newsflash, Sparky: Scientific bodies throughout history are often wrong and generally it's ONE guy who figures it out. Ever heard the term "a person is smart, people are stupid"? Care to guess how often that particular phrase has applied throughout scientific history? It started when the earth was flat and has continued to today with Global Warming. It's unlikely to ever end.

The only thing to really hope for is all the fear mongering actually leads to real, responsible environmental change. But somehow I doubt it.

Now run off and give yourself another pat on the back because you think you've somehow proven something with your circular "lahjik".

:P

You are more of a lemming than I thought.

Newsflash, Sparky: Scientific bodies throughout history are often wrong and generally it's ONE guy who figures it out. Ever heard the term "a person is smart, people are stupid"? Care to guess how often that particular phrase has applied throughout scientific history? It started when the earth was flat and has continued to today with Global Warming. It's unlikely to ever end.

The only thing to really hope for is all the fear mongering actually leads to real, responsible environmental change. But somehow I doubt it.

Now run off and give yourself another pat on the back because you think you've somehow proven something with your circular "lahjik".

Wow, how come you don't seem so smart when you can't copy and paste out of context passages of articles that you obviously didn't read.