CNNSI Truth and Rumors

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scor....nfl/index.html

The Dolphins are interested in speaking with quarterbacks JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn, and could bring both to South Florida. The reason the Dolphins want to talk to both players could be telling: They could be considering a scenario where they trade up to the No. 2 overall pick, where Detroit is listening to offers.

-- Miami Herald

and

The Eagles are scheduled to host Ron Dayne today, and also have expressed interest in fellow running backs Chris Brown and Corey Dillon. The Bills and Lions, two teams Brown has visited, appear to be the front-runners. It is unlikely Dillon would be content sharing carries with Brian Westbrook in a West Coast offense geared toward the passing game.

-- Newark Star-Ledger

The Jets aren't believed to be shopping Jonathan Vilma. A rival executive recently asked the Jets about Vilma, and was told they're not interested in trading him, according to an NFL source. The only reason Vilma's name has surfaced in trade rumors is because of his struggles last season in Eric Mangini's 3-4 defense.

-- New York Daily News

Rival executive = Levy?

Rival executive = Levy?

Yes. Willis McGahee told Vilma how great it is to live in Buffalo and play for the Bills. Levy is concerned about the loss of the high character McGahee and thinks that bringing in Vilma would replace that presence. We all expect that Vilma and the Bills are a great fit and will live happily ever after. <OK, turn the sarcasm switch to the off position now.>

:D

Yes. Willis McGahee told Vilma how great it is to live in Buffalo and play for the Bills. Levy is concerned about the loss of the high character McGahee and thinks that bringing in Vilma would replace that presence. We all expect that Vilma and the Bills are a great fit and will live happily ever after. <OK, turn the sarcasm switch to the off position now.>

:D

actually, isn't Vilma the exception to the stereotypical Miami player? I remember hearing how involved he is in the community, and how he has a degree, etc. etc.

Vilma would be a great addition. He is a class guy and is in that mold of highly athletic linebackers that we are looking for. He doesn't fit the Jets defense anymore. His talents are wasted as an ILB in a 3-4.

Hell yeah. I'd snap him up in a second. Too bad we're talking about make-believe world here....

actually, isn't Vilma the exception to the stereotypical Miami player? I remember hearing how involved he is in the community, and how he has a degree, etc. etc.

he speaks 2 or 3 languages if i remember correctly