I hope we don't trade Takeo Spikes.

Trading Takeo Spikes, would defanitely be a shot in the foot to the line backer core. I know he's been hampered by injuries, but I don't think he should be traded or be replaced based on that. Takeo Spikes is still a freak of nature and is still a heavy hitter. So I say we should keep Takeo Spikes

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how we are going to resolve Spikes but you can bet he won't be on the roster come the season opener. Marv is building a team and there was a difference of opinion concerning personnel with Spikes. Spikes sounded like a mild Moulds when the new regime were making roster decisions. The money doesn't make sense in keeping Spikes anyways, the guy has played his better days. Remember Cowart? Great LB, same injury. It's time to purge. My biggest disappointment with this decision is I have another outdated jersey.

I don't know how we are going to resolve Spikes but you can bet he won't be on the roster come the season opener. Marv is building a team and there was a difference of opinion concerning personnel with Spikes. Spikes sounded like a mild Moulds when the new regime were making roster decisions. The money doesn't make sense in keeping Spikes anyways, the guy has played his better days. Remember Cowart? Great LB, same injury. It's time to purge. My biggest disappointment with this decision is I have another outdated jersey.
Yeah Sam Cowart was great, but at that time we bought in a calibur player to replace him and that was london fletcher, who are we going to bring in to replace a guy with takeo's calibur? there isn't anyone in free agent other than lance briggs, has the same calibur as takeo spikes, or in the draft

I'm not afraid of our trading him. I suspect if we think he can play and is recovered we'll keep him. However, if the assessment he isn't going to come all the way back...I think we might actually cut him on down line. Watch how many linebackers we draft.

Yep. I think Spikes is out. We trade down with GB and take Willis then move back into round 1 and select Poszluzny. BAM!................NEEEEEEEEXT! :nana:

Yep. I think Spikes is out. We trade down with GB and take Willis then move back into round 1 and select Poszluzny. BAM!................NEEEEEEEEXT! :nana:

Why would anyone want damaged goods that we don't want? Do you really think they will give us an all-pro for TKO and a 3rd round pick? Somebody explain this logic...

i dont want the bills to trade takeo either.i feel even if he has lost a step or isn't the best linebacker the bills have ,he is still the emotional leader of this defense.i think after playing last season he could be back to full form this season.his injurys last season i think were hamstrings and not his torn achilles.we need takeo!go bills in"07

Why would anyone want damaged goods that we don't want? Do you really think they will give us an all-pro for TKO and a 3rd round pick? Somebody explain this logic...

Who said anything about trading him? Not me. Though it could happen. He could get cut. Hell if I know. How's that for logic?

briggs is willing to sit out this whole year, or at least he said so. they'd be getting something, instead of losing him next year to FA. :shrug: