Would you want Ricky Williams in a bills uniform?

freester

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone hate Ricky so much?

Because they can and its a free country. I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with the fact nobody wants to sign an RB with a "weed cloud" hanging over his head who if and thats a big if, decide to take a chance on, won't want to pay him big bucks just so that the league can suspend him again for violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. Other than that I really don't know what the concern would be. :devil:

Because they can and its a free country. I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with the fact nobody wants to sign an RB with a "weed cloud" hanging over his head who if and thats a big if, decide to take a chance on, won't want to pay him big bucks just so that the league can suspend him again for violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. Other than that I really don't know what the concern would be. :devil:

I don't think his off the field habits are terribly different than a lot of NFL players. The fact that he quit on his team would be my only point of contention.

freester, welcome to my ignore list.

S'a little harsh, I think. I'd love to have the production at RB that RW can generate. I think he got over-used and his heart was not 100% in football -- or perhaps it's that football's not that great of a place for a guy who's cast from a different mould. What you need then are good mentors. Guys like Marv :devil:

As the Dean says, I'd have no issue with what he does, except that the NFL prohibits it. The fact that he hung the Dolphins out to dry, while awesome for us, is probably the better warning sign that it wouldn't be a good idea to give him a chance.

A low-guarantee, incentive-laden contract, though? I might do it... Fact is the guy was a beast on the field and never harmed anybody maliciously. He was just going his own way.

S'a little harsh, I think. I'd love to have the production at RB that RW can generate. I think he got over-used and his heart was not 100% in football -- or perhaps it's that football's not that great of a place for a guy who's cast from a different mould. What you need then are good mentors. Guys like Marv :devil:

As the Dean says, I'd have no issue with what he does, except that the NFL prohibits it. The fact that he hung the Dolphins out to dry, while awesome for us, is probably the better warning sign that it wouldn't be a good idea to give him a chance.

A low-guarantee, incentive-laden contract, though? I might do it... Fact is the guy was a beast on the field and never harmed anybody maliciously. He was just going his own way.

Hey look, I saw one of RWs best rushing days ever (235 yards in a blizzard in Buffalo) and for sure he was a heck of a running back. but he has so many negatives:

1. He's a Dolphin

2. He smokes so much dope he'd be a liability

3. He doesn't have any passion for football

4. Interviews with the helmet on??

5. He's a freak

6. He's a Dolphin

I cannot identify ANY upside to having Ricky Williams in Buffalo. This would be desperation tactics IMO.

Hey look, I saw one of RWs best rushing days ever (235 yards in a blizzard in Buffalo) and for sure he was a heck of a running back. but he has so many negatives:

1. He's a Dolphin

5. He's a freak

6. He's a Dolphin

I cannot identify ANY upside to having Ricky Williams in Buffalo. This would be desperation tactics IMO.

I can't disagree with much of what you say. I'd still be tempted. I do think he has some mental problems, though, and you're certainly playing with fire if you do it. For a low-cost, incentive-laden contract, though? If you want one great year until you shoot for another back next year, why not? :devil: And Thurman became a Dolphin, so I could deal with it. Esp since Ricky was traded there -- it wasn't like he signed with them as a career dream. If anything, that franchise ruined him.

PS -- you were at the snow game? My dad came down to NYC and we watched the game at McFadden's, light crowd since we were out of it at that point. But that game was an absolute blast to watch. We had a great time sharing a few beers and seeing Miami go down in the snow -- must have been even more fun to be there!

I think it's an indictment to the NFL though that you can have the likes of Pac-Man Jones, doing god knows what to who, and ithey come down hard one somebody for smoking pot.

It's not like the Bills don't or haven't had some pretty good players inviolved in bad things before. They just covered them up better or played at a time when the league kind of looked the other way.

I don't know how you could not like Ricky on a personal level. I can see why people would have questions about his playing though.

I wouldn't want him as a neighbor let alone on my team or a teammate. He loves dope more than people. That tells you alot about a person. He is lacking a moral center in his life.

I don't blame Ricky for liking weed more than he likes people. Weed doesn't do nearly as much damage to you like people do, and unlike people, weed always makes you feel good every time you are around it.

I don't blame Ricky for liking weed more than he likes people. Weed doesn't do nearly as much damage to you like people do, and unlike people, weed always makes you feel good every time you are around it.

I get the feeling after reading your post that you hang around alot of negative hurtful people or your just having a really bad day.

1. He's a Dolphin

5. He's a freak

6. He's a Dolphin

Way to be open minded. Hate anything you don't understand.

My only hate for Wacky Wicky is his affiliation with the Dolphins. Yes he's weird and he likes the wacky tobaccy. As far as character flaws, that isn't a big one on my list, so I'd still be willing to take him if he's willing to work and put the effort in. If he doesn't, no loss.

I'd surely take a RB with that much talent. He's much better than Shaud. (and Atrain for that matter)

I'd rather sign a rabid armadillo to play RB.

I'll pass on the armadillo, too many fumbles. It might make a helluva linebacker, great run stopper, one bite & the RB goes right down. If Conrad Dobler was able to bite people as a Bill, why not an armadillo?

I certainly would give him a chance. The last time he played in the NFL (two seasons ago), he was better than any back we currently have on our roster. I did not see him in the CFL. It does not appear that he was a productive as I would have thought -- before or after his injury.

Yet, the only way we could get him is if the Dolphins were to cut him. I do not see that happening. If he gets reinstated, the Dolphins probably are going to want to use him the same way they did a couple of years ago with Ronnie Brown.