Happy Daylight Savings Day (actually, I'm not happy about the day)

Just changed my clock right now. It's not 2:08am it's 3:08am! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Less sleep for school. :blink:

Sorry, but here in CA it is still yesterday! Now GO TO BED!

See I don't see the big fear in what they were talking about. Nothing happened for me.

joe windows user is not affected... ms issued a windowsupdate patch last month to correct the problem... the issue is corporate networks, online banking, airline scheduling software, etc. where the fix is more difficult to impliment. However, we're all still alive today, so everything must have gone smoothly las tnight!

joe windows user is not affected... ms issued a windowsupdate patch last month to correct the problem... the issue is corporate networks, online banking, airline scheduling software, etc. where the fix is more difficult to impliment. However, we're all still alive today, so everything must have gone smoothly las tnight!

My atomic clock is still an hour behind though. I even went and reset it so it would find the signal and set itself, and no change.

Tomorrow I will be testing the systems at my job to see if they function properly with the new DST.

All week they've been setting up patches.

My atomic clock is still an hour behind though. I even went and reset it so it would find the signal and set itself, and no change.

You need to do a factory default reset... Hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then power cycle. You'll have to insert a cat5 cable into an available port, enter your firmware config page, and uncheck the DST box. Then encrypt yourself with WEP security, using the key "12345". All should be well in a couple days.

What did you score on the Nerd Test? :lol:

Apparently really high!!!

You need to do a factory default reset... Hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then power cycle. You'll have to insert a cat5 cable into an available port, enter your firmware config page, and uncheck the DST box. Then encrypt yourself with WEP security, using the key "12345". All should be well in a couple days.

:devil:

Just changed my clock right now. It's not 2:08am it's 3:08am! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Less sleep for school. :worthy:
Waking up an hour later stinks. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Get this man some coffee. Either that or let me know what school he is going to so I can ensure my unborn children can avoid it.

See I don't see the big fear in what they were talking about. Nothing happened for me.

People's reactions are similar to Y2k. When nothing happened, lots of people said, "Oh see, IT just made up the problem! Nothing happened!" :pirate::wallbash:

I was up from midnight until 9am (8am...) because we had a few minor issues at work (7 servers out of 700 - not bad...).

CW

I hate this early DST.

In the past, it would be light out in the morning when DST started. Now it's dark, it's made getting up a hellish endeavor.

Don't worry, they'll probably be changing it back :pirate::wallbash::worthy:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/print?id=2938715

Cliff notes:

Kellogg and Wolff came to their conclusion by studying Australia, where several states extended daylight-saving time (DST for short) by two months in 2000 to accommodate the Olympic Games in Sydney that year.

They compared electric demand in the state of Victoria, which extended DST, with its next-door neighbor, South Australia, which did not.

"Our results show that the extension failed to conserve electricity," they wrote.

In fact, the two said, shifting Australians' clocks led to a tiny increase in power use.

“In the 2005 energy bill, Congress calls on the department to report whether energy consumption drops, as hoped, after the early start of DST. If not, the bill has a provision for the country to return to the old daylight savings calendar. Under the previous law, standardized in 1986, DST began on the first Sunday in April.”