(OT)From this Yankee fan to all you Sox fans.....

The Poojer

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this is what baseball is all about.  Bring it on.  Here is to a great series!  Go Yanks!

66675[/snapback]

I'm curious. How does someone from Virginia become a Yankee fan?

born and raised in syracuse, only been in VA @ 12 years, raised when the Syracuse Chiefs were a yankee farm club, plus had a father that is a die hard yankee fan.

I'm curious. How does someone from Virginia become a Yankee fan?

66679[/snapback]

Sorry to see the Braves go down. In my opinion the Braves are a first class organization. One of there scouts (John Stewart) is from my hometown in upstate NY.

66688[/snapback]

I couldnt have said it any better...I was hoping Atlanta would get there and beat the Cards...

Now its GO ASTROS!!!! :ph34r:

Because you don't think they can beat you, you KNOW the Cardinals WILL beat you.

66719[/snapback]

:ph34r::blink::P

Thats some funny stevestojan...listen Ill fully acknowledge that the Cards are a fantastic baseball team, but to you its just SO certian...

If the Yankees did get to the WS and beat STL, what would the excuse be? Umpires were paid off? Jeffrey Maier was there??? Pacers/Pistons refs???

:ph34r:  :blink:  :P

Thats some funny stevestojan...listen Ill fully acknowledge that the Cards are a fantastic baseball team, but to you its just SO certian...

If the Yankees did get to the WS and beat STL, what would the excuse be?  Umpires were paid off?  Jeffrey Maier was there???  Pacers/Pistons refs???

66725[/snapback]

Nope, there wouldn't be one most likely unless something really dramatic happened like the 1985 series. I don't B word about balls and strikes.

Of course I'm certain that we are great, we had the best record in baseball and won our first round series. The is no reason I shouldn't feel confident is there?

This should be a great series. Hopefully it comes down to which team is playing the best baseball over the course of the next 4-7 games, and nothing else (bad calls, brawls on the field and in the stands) comes into play.

May the best team win. And afterwards, may Red Sox fans not be too depressed. :ph34r:

Oh, and by the way, did you see that Sunday's Game 5 got moved to primetime instead of the previously-scheduled afternoon start. They switched it with the National League. Translation, BF: no one give's a rat's ass about the NLCS.

This should be a great series. Hopefully it comes down to which team is playing the best baseball over the course of the next 4-7 games, and nothing else (bad calls, brawls on the field and in the stands) comes into play.

May the best team win. And afterwards, may Red Sox fans not be too depressed. :ph34r:

Oh, and by the way, did you see that Sunday's Game 5 got moved to primetime instead of the previously-scheduled afternoon start. They switched it with the National League. Translation, BF:  no one give's a rat's ass about the NLCS.

66742[/snapback]

That's FINE with me, let these big city losers battle it out for the championship of each other, we are battling for the World Title.........

Just because the networks suck the Yankees d@#k$ doesn't mean that people don't care.

Nope, there wouldn't be one most likely unless something really dramatic happened like the 1985 series.  I don't B word about balls and strikes.

Of course I'm certain that we are great, we had the best record in baseball and won our first round series.  The is no reason I shouldn't feel confident is there?

66734[/snapback]

I didnt know great teams were made after winning 105 games and 1 round in the playoffs.

If the Cards win it all, then Ill agree with you.