Willis McGahee

I know after what he has been through this maybe uncalled for, but I have a few parting words for Willis: BREAK A LEG!!!!

I wish him no ill will at all, but I have to be honest, given his history of knee injuries and overall fragility (seemed to get nicked up a lot)-- I never was comfortable with him as our #1....I would probably feel the same way about Chris Brown.

i wish him no harm, but i have a feeling that if he comes in with his chest puffed out and actually tries to pound the rock (finally!) he will be out for the season with an injury by week 6. again, i hope not. but thats just what i see happening...

i wish him no harm, but i have a feeling that if he comes in with his chest puffed out and actually tries to pound the rock (finally!) he will be out for the season with an injury by week 6. again, i hope not. but thats just what i see happening...

...or, he'll be puking all over the field!

I didn't like his comments about Buffalo so I hope he just does terrible. No injuries, just plays like crap.

For anyone that hasn't watched the video of Willis's press conference, it's quite funny watching and listening to Willis (a man of few words) and Brian Billick (a man of too many words) on the same stage. Funny stuff.

ravens

I didn't like his comments about Buffalo so I hope he just does terrible. No injuries, just plays like crap.

I'm with you on that, I wish no physical injury but I want him to set a record for futility, something like 0.4 yards per carry with 400 carries on the year for 0 touchdowns. Enough to emotionally wreck him.

I couldn't care less what WM said as a Bill or what he says as a Raven. The only thing that matters is that he was a very mediocre RB for the Bills who seemed to get worse not better in his 3 years on the field. Nobody really knows what was going on behind the scenes, but it was clear that he wore out his welcome at OBD. In that regard, two 3rd's and a 7th is a job well done by Marv.

Good riddance.

One last thought from me on the near departed...he mentioned the 990 yards and implied he was the only option sometimes for an offense that lacked a line, receivers and a QB (which at different points in the season probably has some merit)..but I noticed a couple of things that make his "only option" stance pretty questionable

1) Anthony Thomas basically started three games for Willis.....

- Green Bay 20 carries 95 yards (Willis injured early)

- Indy 28 carries 109 yards

- Houston 19 carries 56 yards, 7 catches 33 yards

His rush average in these three games was 83 yards per game on 22 carries

Willis' average game was 76 yards

Thomas did just as well -- now you could argue that Indy, GB and Houston were an easy stretch for Thomas but if as Willis claims they were geared up for the Bills to run only -- it shouldn't matter--Thomas beat 9 guys in the box better than Willis.

2) We were 3-1 in games where Anthony Thomas had to sub for Willis either full time or for a significant amount of time due to injury, sickness or an in game nick--the loss was a 1 pt loss to the Super Bowl Champion Colts in Indy. Wins were Houston, NY Jets (2); Green Bay...

Not overly compelling but just some interesting trends that go against Willis' claims..Not having him in the game did not hurt us significantly from a competitive standpoint