Chris Brown (BB.com) blogs about Dillon situation

Sounds like Rochester D&C got it wrong, Chris Brown wrote in his blog:

INFO ON DILLON: For those wondering about Corey Dillon check out the very bottom of the story on the Patriots pursuit of Edgerton Hartwell in the Boston Herald under 'Things have changed.' Sounds like Dillon is re-thinking where he might be interested in playing next season.
From the Boston Herald:

Things have changed

Corey Dillon [stats] postponed yesterday’s scheduled meeting with the Bills, according to agent Steve Feldman, after Buffalo dealt lead back Willis McGahee to the Ravens. Dillon had also been courted by Baltimore, but in light of yesterday’s events, that is also on hold.

Feldman did not rule out visiting Buffalo next week.

“It may be (rescheduled),” he said. “But I’m not certain Buffalo’s the opportunity we’re looking for.” . .

Doesnt sound positive if you ask me

it makes no sense that dillon would cancel his visit because we traded mcgahee. something else is afoot behind the scenes as always.

He either just doesnt want to be here, knows he wont be a feature back here, or is waiting on someone else (maybe the pats are talking about bringing him back)

it makes no sense that dillon would cancel his visit because we traded mcgahee. something else is afoot behind the scenes as always.

Maybe his whole visit to Buffalo was a scheme to gain leverage on Baltimore, where he really wanted to go. Now, with the Ravens no longer needing a back, he has to rethink his whole strategy. I wouldn't be surprised is Bellychick told him that visiting the Bills would wipe out any chance for him to return to the Patsies.

I wonder if he is friends with Takeo and Takeo is giving him an earful about the Bills now that it appears the Bills want to get rid of him.

In any event, you would think that the guy would at least come in for a visit. It does not hurt him to at least sit down with Marv/DJ et al.

Very odd.

Maybe his whole visit to Buffalo was a scheme to gain leverage on Baltimore, where he really wanted to go. Now, with the Ravens no longer needing a back, he has to rethink his whole strategy. I wouldn't be surprised is Bellychick told him that visiting the Bills would wipe out any chance for him to return to the Patsies.

Ahhh.... now this is a very plausible scenario..... Dillon has been known to be a little biotch and Belicheck is a cold blooded bastard.....

While the Bills have a stated interest in using a RB by committee approach, those types of situations usually do have a lead RB that gets the majority of the carries. My guess is that Dillon wants to be that lead RB and the Bills intend to draft a RB to take over that role sooner rather than later.

Excellent observation. The only other thing I can think of is that the Bills came right out and said that they were going to draft their RB of the future and Dillon did not want to wind up in the exact same situation he was in last year.

Why the hell would the Bills even be interested in an over-the-hill RB with zero left in the tank who was just cast off by a team that's in a death spiral into mediocrity? I don't want to see Paytoilet retreds and castaways in a Bills uniform. Screw him and screw the Pats.

I wonder if he is friends with Takeo and Takeo is giving him an earful about the Bills now that it appears the Bills want to get rid of him.

In any event, you would think that the guy would at least come in for a visit. It does not hurt him to at least sit down with Marv/DJ et al.

Very odd.

I keep seeing people saying that the Bills are shopping Takeo. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, can someone provide a link or something that provides some tint of credibility to this.

I'd doubt that because I believe Dockery talked about how he knows Spikes (share the same agent?) and that Spikes was talking up Buffalo like crazy. Made it sound like he was very happy with the team and was encouraging potential FA signees.

Sounds like Rochester D&C got it wrong, Chris Brown wrote in his blog:

From the Boston Herald:

Doesnt sound positive if you ask me

Dillon is done. He is not an upgrade over Willis. Not by a long shot. We need a starting RB who is as young or younger than Willis and as good or better or we won't win more than 5 games next year.

Dillon is done. He is not an upgrade over Willis. Not by a long shot. We need a starting RB who is as young or younger than Willis and as good or better or we won't win more than 5 games next year.

I think we just sign AT for now (WHAT"S TAKING SO LONG?) and go into the draft looking for the best available rb that fits Fairchild's style. Hell, we might draft two.

I can see people not wanting Dillon because of his perceived or real attitude -

or concerns about his age.

But- I really don't see how he is done.

He has 39 touchdowns the last three seasons!

That has to count for something.

Dillon

I'd doubt that because I believe Dockery talked about how he knows Spikes (share the same agent?) and that Spikes was talking up Buffalo like crazy. Made it sound like he was very happy with the team and was encouraging potential FA signees.

I hope that you are correct.

P.S. I also recall Dockery saying that he looked forward to blocking for our now former RB.

I think we just sign AT for now (WHAT"S TAKING SO LONG?) and go into the draft looking for the best available rb that fits Fairchild's style. Hell, we might draft two.

Yeah. I think AT and a 1st or 2nd rounder is probably the way to go.

Interesting ESPN article which is somewhat favorable of the Bills approach:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story...&id=2793191