Dillon at OBD today?????

He may be past his prime, but I believe he is still an upgrade over Willis. Look at his numbers last year: 4.1/carry (easily better than Magahee); 13 TD's; and 48 1st downs out of 199 carries. What is not to like as a temporary stop gap/part time player? He is a proven performer, with great determination and power. He would make the team better, and allow the Bills to groom a young replacement. I like him a lot better than either Rhoads or Brown,neither of which are the long term answer anyway.

He may be past his prime, but I believe he is still an upgrade over Willis. Look at his numbers last year: 4.1/carry (easily better than Magahee); 13 TD's; and 48 1st downs out of 199 carries. What is not to like as a temporary stop gap/part time player? He is a proven performer, with great determination and power. He would make the team better, and allow the Bills to groom a young replacement. I like him a lot better than either Rhoads or Brown,neither of which are the long term answer anyway.

Hes not a feature back anymore..Cant have him as a #1 carrying the load.

His performance last year was fine. That doesn't mean he is the solution for us, or that he won't suddenly be too old this year, but he had two hundred carries with good results and able to get in the end zone last year. Definitely high mileage, but I'm generally favorable going along with A-Train and a second round pick. Not crucial and might not be a fit, but is certainly worth consideration, and the reasons not to take him are not because he wasn't good in 2006.

Hes not a feature back anymore..Cant have him as a #1 carrying the load.

Jauron and Company already said they want running back by committee. I dont see why everyone is thinking that if we signed Dillon he'd be the only one getting carries.

Besides he cancelled his trip so we probably dont have to worry about this

Jauron and Company already said they want running back by committee. I dont see why everyone is thinking that if we signed Dillon he'd be the only one getting carries.

Besides he cancelled his trip so we probably dont have to worry about this

did he not show up today ?

Bills fans seem to hate the guy, but I really want him for goal line/short yardage. Draft a speedster and use Dillon to kill the clock, gain tough yards.

It's safe to assume no one at OBD will make the mistake of thinking Dillon is going to play a feature role for anything but a game or two.

That leaves Dillon hanging as far as the Bills are concerned until we show our hand as to the feature back type we really want. If we're thinking a big pounding back behind a big line, Dillon would not be the answer as a change-up.

I kind of think Chris Brown's style might be the best for this team. He runs "skinny" and he definitely has a breakaway burst. He doesn't wait but hits holes in stride. With defenses collapsing some to counter the big blockers we'll have on the field, a runner who can make teams pay big for getting too tight on the LOS might be ideal. Dillon would probably fit the counter to that but he wouldn't sign behind a Brown contract.

did he not show up today ?

They said he cancelled late wednesday night and I've seen nothing anywhere that he actually has been in town. But I did see someone who looked like him walking with George Seifert and Tom Donahoe at the airport this morning

I don't think Dillon wants to come here because he's gonna be in the same situation he was in in New England. It's obvious he's good for grinding out tough yards, killing the clock, short yardage, but he wants to be the feature back here. He knows what Buffalo plans to do, sign a vet to do exactly what I just mentioned and draft a RB to groom for the future. He just went through that last year with Maroney and probably doesn't wanna do it again. Unfortunately for him I don't think he has many options. And neither does Buffalo, as we all know by now, Rhodes was just signed by the Raiders so the market for a veteran back is down to about Dillon and Chris Brown. The Bills better make a move pretty quick, unless they plan to sign Thomas and draft a back early, like Lynch and throw him in there right away.

They said he cancelled late wednesday night and I've seen nothing anywhere that he actually has been in town. But I did see someone who looked like him walking with George Seifert and Tom Donahoe at the airport this morning

:nana:

It would be interesting to know what George Siefert thought about being an urban legend here on TBD. :nana:

At least we are keeping his memory alive.

I wouldn't complain having him as our second back, and short yardage back. Problem is he doesn't want that role, but it's all anyone is going to give him... so...

Yeah, he's old and beat-up, but I think he's got a little left in the tank. So as a role-player I'm all for having him.

We may play a waiting game and sign him later once he realizes there really isn't much out there for him.

I cant believe this is even a discussion. A 12,000 yard career rusher is being bashed when our other options are chris brown (has proven he can not start in this league) and rhodes who is a decent runner behind a great line at best and was outshined by a rookie. As an every down back the guy has never had less than 1000 yards and is an absolute beast by the goal line. Believe me I am no Corey Dillon fan but to say this guy wouldnt be an improvement from Willis or any of the other visitors we had would be absolutely ridiculous.

I cant believe this is even a discussion. A 12,000 yard career rusher is being bashed when our other options are chris brown (has proven he can not start in this league) and rhodes who is a decent runner behind a great line at best and was outshined by a rookie. As an every down back the guy has never had less than 1000 yards and is an absolute beast by the goal line. Believe me I am no Corey Dillon fan but to say this guy wouldnt be an improvement from Willis or any of the other visitors we had would be absolutely ridiculous.

Amen.

and where was Mike Sherman?

with Soprano?