Jauron's Comments on the Trade

Tolstoy

Jauron is a classy guy, much like Marv, and will not badmouth a player on his way out the door. However, it is fairly clear to me from his remarks (and Marv's) that this decision was about two things:

(1) Willis' talent and character

(2) a possible hold-out

I suspect they got together at the end of the year, looked at the position, and thought they could do better: better receiving, better blocking, better at keeping assignments, and better perhaps even at running. They also looked at the character issues--not joining the team during offseason workouts, illegitimate children, failure to study the playbook, and these things factored in. Finally, it is possible that they have had preliminary contract talks with his agent, and demands were made, and they decided he is not worth the headache.

Jauron struggled to avoid saying negative things, but it is fairly clear to me from the lack of praise for Willis, that they really thought they could do better.

I think so too. Get a young guy with talent and work ethic in the draft, and a solid vet. through free agency. I like it.

yeah, I agree with you on this....WM was my favorite Bill sadly, and I'm sorry it didn't work out for him here......but with that said, this team needs another Thurman Thomas all purpose type of back....does this draft have one? time will tell

yeah, I agree with you on this....WM was my favorite Bill sadly, and I'm sorry it didn't work out for him here......but with that said, this team needs another Thurman Thomas all purpose type of back....does this draft have one? time will tell

I too was a WM fan. But looking at the situation objectively, the Bills did what they needed to do. This board can go back and forth forever, but in the end the decision was made based on what would be good for the franchise long term.

I too was a WM fan. But looking at the situation objectively, the Bills did what they needed to do. This board can go back and forth forever, but in the end the decision was made based on what would be good for the franchise long term.

I really hope so. Time will tell. I am a WM fan as well. It will be interesting to see how he does with the Ravens. It would have been nice to see him behind our new revamped line.

Bottom line is he was a decent back who most definitely was not worth the hassle.

I think Willis is a back that thinks he can just sit back and depend on his God given ability.

However someone forgot to tell him that in the NFL everyone has a lot of God given ability and in the words of Randy Jackson on American Idol, "you gotta bring it every single night dawg!" And Willis just didn't do that.

I was very impressesed with his work eithic coming out of college getting the injur rehabed but that only took him so far.

I would prefer to have kept him one more year, but so it goes. He is now gone..the Bills move on and hopefully find a diamond to bring them to the next level.

I never saw anything to special from Willis while he played here in Buffalo. I always wanted more from him. Always waiting for him to take control of a game and it never happened. I will not miss him. I'm positive we can do better!

WM was my favorite buffalo bill outside of nate clements. Overall though I'm less concerned about losing them and more concerned about who they'll be replaced by. As long as the bills dont think they can get by with the scrubs on the free agent market.

they havent thus far. this is not the team it was 2 years ago. This is a team that is not looking for media coverage and comercial deals to score extra money. This team is in it to win. the only players youll see in Bills uniforms are team players, motivated to work hard and win games. not guys who want the spotlight. and that is why we'll win.

WM was my favorite buffalo bill outside of nate clements. Overall though I'm less concerned about losing them and more concerned about who they'll be replaced by. As long as the bills dont think they can get by with the scrubs on the free agent market.

I could understand wanting to keep Willis, maybe liking some of his running plays, but you're FAVORITE Bill was Willis???!!! What did you like about him? His interviews? The way he wore his hat sideways? Did you think he was a "cool guy"?

What do you look for in players?

I'm not a Willis hater, really.

He was a dumb jackass.

I could understand wanting to keep Willis, maybe liking some of his running plays, but you're FAVORITE Bill was Willis???!!! What did you like about him? His interviews? The way he wore his hat sideways? Did you think he was a "cool guy"?

What do you look for in players?

I'm not a Willis hater, really.

He was a dumb jackass.

He was a dumb jackass.

True, True........

I saw him on the defunct Steven A. Smith Show, "Quite Frankly" and he was a typical Miami Style hoodlum JERKOFF!

I never saw anything to special from Willis while he played here in Buffalo. I always wanted more from him. Always waiting for him to take control of a game and it never happened. I will not miss him. I'm positive we can do better!

Frez.. is this when we start our campaign to draft Brain Leonard? Maybe we'll get luck and he'll still be there for our first 3rd pick.. otherwise trade the 3rds for an extra 2nd?

I was always worried about Willis' knee exploding everytime he touched the ball, but I wanted him to do well. I don't care about his kids or the Penthouse interview - on the field he was never really a threat everytime he touched the ball. I never expected him to break one or make an amazing play on his own.

NE's Maroney has shown me more playmaking skills in his rookie season than Willis has his entire career.

I love what Marv is doing - let's get our own Maroney Marv!