Chris Brown likely to sign with Buffalo today

My guess is that it could end up being for their late 2nd round pick. This would give us two 2nds which could be used to get back in the first round.

Draft Lynch with the #12, then trade our two 2nds to move up and take Paul Pos out of PSU.

Now that's a scenario that I could get behind.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mention DBs anywhere in my post, I'm strictly speaking of how the Bills have used their picks in the past 5 drafts. I guess you LIKE using multiple first round picks on RBs & QBs within a 5 year span? That being said you could include DBs as well. Good teams are usually built from the inside out. Drafting "skill" positions year after year with your first round picks get you where the Lions and Cardinals are. A lot of talent...and very few victories.

Simply an awesome post.

The problem is when they do actually hit a skill position pick they let them move on after their first contract. This just compounds the problem further. They use draft picks for skill positions and then when they don't work out they use another pick on the same position. If it does work out, they let them walk...and use another pick on the same position. Obviously I'm not blaming Marv for all of this but it's just how the recent past has gone for the Bills and it's got to stop at some point if the Bills wish to be successfull.

If I'm not mistaken (and I may be) the last 1st round pick the Bills chose AND signed to a second contract was Eric Moulds. That draft pick was made when Marv was still the HC of the Bills.

Another awesome post. :censored:

This has always been crystal clear as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully, things will change. The OL signings were exactly what this football team needed. I hope that in the draft, we continue to make the Bills a stronger football team.

it's completely foolish what's going on. it's clear willis was the much better back vs thomas last year. and why would we want a career backup like chris brown who played 2nd fiddle to a guy we gave up on like travis henry? all this hate-willis mania has completely clouded people's judgement.

May-haps, but McCraggy isn't elusive and he isn't effusive. The promising stiff arm from his second year pushed the intellectually impaired Henry to the curb. Prob is, the stiff arm hit the road too. I haven't seen him break the first tackler in 2 years. We won't keep him after next year, his mouth embarassed the franchise and RB's are truely plentiful. Look no further than Denver. Their leading RB the last 3-4 years on what is widely considered the BEST RUNNING GAME in the league was excommunicated after his best season and quickly -AND BETTER- replaced. A second round pick now vs nuttin' next year seems like a good deal to me. Gone are the days of Thurman and OJ. It's much more like Terry Miller, Joe Cribbs and Cookie Gilchrist. Dump 'em for somethin' or lose 'em for nuthin'...

The problem is when they do actually hit a skill position pick they let them move on after their first contract.........

........If I'm not mistaken (and I may be) the last 1st round pick the Bills chose AND signed to a second contract was Eric Moulds. That draft pick was made when Marv was still the HC of the Bills.

Have we actually had a hit at a skill position since we drafted Moulds?

At QB we haven't.....hopefully JPL

At RB we have had Smith, Henry & McGahee.....non of which turned out to be true studs.

At WR we have had Evans....who isn't up for contract yet.

TE?

The only situation that resembles what you are talking about is the CB position. I've pointed out before......the reason we are not in the playoffs is not because we let one(or two) top CBs go that we drafted & didn't want to pay the money to keep....that is just a couple of players. The reason is we couldn't acquire a top QB.....a top LT.....a top OL.....a top RB.....a top DE

Basically, had we 'hit' with Rob Johnson, Mike Williams.......& busted on Antoine Winfield & Nate Clements, this team would have been looking at playoffs earlier.

Your point is quite valid on re-signing first round picks.....basically they have all been busts apart from the CBs.

Since Moulds.......Smith, Johnson, Winfield, Flowers, Clements, Williams, Bledsoe, McGahee. It is the ones in bold that have cost us more than the 2 not in bold.

I didn't mention DBs anywhere in my post, I'm strictly speaking of how the Bills have used their picks in the past 5 drafts. I guess you LIKE using multiple first round picks on RBs & QBs within a 5 year span? That being said you could include DBs as well. Good teams are usually built from the inside out. Drafting "skill" positions year after year with your first round picks get you where the Lions and Cardinals are. A lot of talent...and very few victories.

Shouldn't we call it pulling a TD?

Have we not learned anything from the TD debacle? If there are priorities on a football team, it's the DL and OL. Marv and DJ chose to improve the OL to give the rest of the O a chance to score some points and have a ball control offense. We've had two coaches before DJ that said they were going to be a ball control offense, and only now in 2007 are we putting our money where our mouth is.

That said, having a durable RB along with someone serviceable below him on the depth chart is something I'm sure Marv and DJ will address. If they see something in Chris Brown then fine. I'd still like them to pay him what he's worth and not give him a Peerless or Josh Reed deal that is much more than anyone else would have dared.

It might be sexy to have a name brand back. But I'd rather have a strong OL with an average back than a bad line and an above average back. RB's are plentiful in the NFL. Quality OLineman aren't. DJ talked about using the draft for defense again this year. So I guess that means we're going RB or something. It's gonna be fun speculating until draft day.