Chris Brown likely to sign with Buffalo today

Looks like we're going to sign Chris Brown today. Sirius NFL radio just said that his agent cancelled his scheduled visit in Detroit tomorrow and is still in Buffalo - probably working out the details of a contract. The Ravens also left a "take it or leave it" offer to Jamal Lewis. The people on Sirius seem to think that we are going to trade McGahee to the Ravens for a 2nd round pick.

I hope we can land Briggs when all is said and done as well. C. Brown with Rhodes and/or a draft pick would be a good backfield in my mind.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we're going to sign Chris Brown today. Sirius NFL radio just said that his agent cancelled his scheduled visit in Detroit tomorrow and is still in Buffalo - probably working out the details of a contract. The Ravens also left a "take it or leave it" offer to Jamal Lewis. The people on Sirius seem to think that we are going to trade McGahee to the Ravens for a 2nd round pick.

I hope we can land Briggs when all is said and done as well. C. Brown with Rhodes and/or a draft pick would be a good backfield in my mind.

We won't sign both...we'll use the extra pick to draft one.

In Marv we trust!

Hmmm, interesting.... we shall see... speculation abounds....

rhodes probably wants more money than brown, and brown has more talent than rhodes, so if they can sign brown for the right price then it will be a great deal to have him as a #2 or 1a with someone else, if we have our eye on a first day draft RB, which we must, i imagine, if we sign brown and trade mcgahee, especially considering brown's injury history.

A 2nd round for Willis?

I'd take that. Make Bush a Bill!

Brown is an ok RB. I still think the A-Train gives us the best shot as our #1 RB.

Every time you post "A-Train should be our #1 RB" today I'm going to repost "you're really on a WTF roll today, aren't you?" :lol:

If Brown signs, anyway, he will not be the man. He will split carries with somebody.

Let's see what the contract numbers are, but I wouldn't exactly characterize it as good news when you sign a running back who has shown a history of injuries at that young an age.

My guess: 4 years $10M.

:lol:

Let's see what the contract numbers are, but I would exactly characterize it as good news when you sign a running back who has shown a history of injuries at that young an age.

My guess: 4 years $10M.

:lol:

Would somebody please sell me on Chris Brown? Good in college? Good blocker? Good receiver/scorer? Speed? Power? Quickness? Conviction?

Alright, so let's just put this into perspective. 3 years ago, the Bills draft McGahee in the 1st round despite the fact that they already have a solid #1RB in Travis Henry and despite the fact that McGahhee is coming off a horrible knee injury. A year later the Bills move Henry to the Titans where, this last year, he emerges as their go to guy after Brown goes down to an injury. Henry put up better rushing numbers last year than Brown ever has (and also put up more attempts than Brown ever has in a single season). Now, it appears, that the Bills will move McGahee someplace and replace him with Brown.

So according to the Bills moves the past few seasons....McGahee>Henry>Brown>McGahee

As you can see from the above, McGahee is greater than McGahee.:lol: We have a moebius strip of running backs.

And no, I’m not criticizing Marv for this move, just the totality of moves that the Bills have made regarding the RB position in the past few years.

it's completely foolish what's going on. it's clear willis was the much better back vs thomas last year. and why would we want a career backup like chris brown who played 2nd fiddle to a guy we gave up on like travis henry? all this hate-willis mania has completely clouded people's judgement.

Why do people like Chris Brown so much

they better bring A-train or Tj ducket in to back him up if signed or draft a rb also.

Where on this board is the giant love fest for Chris Brown? if there is a general consensus on him, it is that he is an upgrade over A-Train for the backup RB position and a decent option for a stopgap 1a role to another RB, a draft pick, most likely.

It is obvious that Chris Brown will not be the 30 carry guy. Just a cursory glance at his career will show this. Obviously Marv and co. know this. He does, however, represent an upgrade in terms of talent over A-Train, who was always only a #2 and not really a 1a like Rhodes was in Indy.

Would somebody please sell me on Chris Brown? Good in college? Good blocker? Good receiver/scorer? Speed? Power? Quickness? Conviction?

When he is healthy, and assuming the injuries haven't caught up to him, Brown is very fast and elusive...more of a finess runner than a power runner. Not sure about his blocking abilities. I remember his rookie year he had some amazing runs. Not a bad pick-up, as long as the Bills don't "overpay" him, and have a viable back-up, just in case....

Where on this board is the giant love fest for Chris Brown? if there is a general consensus on him, it is that he is an upgrade over A-Train for the backup RB position and a decent option for a stopgap 1a role to another RB, a draft pick, most likely.

It is obvious that Chris Brown will not be the 30 carry guy. Just a cursory glance at his career will show this. Obviously Marv and co. know this. He does, however, represent an upgrade in terms of talent over A-Train, who was always only a #2 and not really a 1a like Rhodes was in Indy.

well hes prolly not coming here wanting to be a backup.