HBO series shows

Anyone have any clue on when The Sopranos, Deadwood, and Big Love start back up on HBO? I thought the Sopranos was supposed to be sometime this month. I had heard Deadwood was cancelled, but then they brought it back for a 3rd year. And I haven't heard anything about Big Love. Any info would be great.

Anyone have any clue on when The Sopranos, Deadwood, and Big Love start back up on HBO? I thought the Sopranos was supposed to be sometime this month. I had heard Deadwood was cancelled, but then they brought it back for a 3rd year. And I haven't heard anything about Big Love. Any info would be great.

*Bump*

I want to know too..I always order HBO when Sopranos starts up!! :devil:

Last Season of The Sopranos starts April 8th

I can't wait! Hands down, my favorite tv show of all-time...I know people will say it went downhill, but I just can't agree. I have been watching the the first 5 seasons again, and am currently on the 5th season episode where the boys are all gossiping amongst themselves about what Adriana did to Tony in his SUV, when they got in a car accident...classic...Michael Imperioli is an awesome actor!

I can't wait! Hands down, my favorite tv show of all-time...I know people will say it went downhill, but I just can't agree. I have been watching the the first 5 seasons again, and am currently on the 5th season episode where the boys are all gossiping amongst themselves about what Adriana did to Tony in his SUV, when they got in a car accident...classic...Michael Imperioli is an awesome actor!

I was disappointed in Season 6, but 4 and 5 were great IMO. Tony's character gets much more interesting during those seasons.

Yup, I just wrapped up season 5. I own every DVD box set! The one where Adriana gets it is one of my favorites.

Don't forget about Entourage....the best show on HBO. New season starts in May I think, only thing that sucks is that the show is only 30mins and not an hour.

I might be biased because still coming off the fumes of the most recent season but felt Extras might have been funnier then Entourage this season. That said I still feel Six Feet Under was the best all around comedy/drama series HBO ever put out. The Sopranos ranks a close second. I'd even go so far to say a "forgotton" HBO series Dream On was a better than Entourage as well.

I might be biased because still coming off the fumes but felt Extras might have been funnier then Entourage this season. That said I still feel Six Feet Under was the best all around comedy/drama series HBO ever put out. The Sopranos ranks a close second. I'd even go so far to say a "forgotton" HBO series Dream On was a better than Entourage as well.

Ugh...I will admitt, overall I enjoyed "Six Feet Under", but in my opinion, it got really pretentious at times, and stayed on too long...I absolutely hated the final episode...by the end of the series, I really didn't like any of the characters, particularly Brenda, her family, and Clare, the sister...the show did have top notch acting though...it just tried too hard to be important.

As for "Entourage", I think, as you say, it pales in comparison to "Extras", and my other all-time favorite HBO show, "Larry Sanders"....

My HBO series rankings:

1- The Sopranos

2- Larry Sanders

3- Mr Show

4- Deadwood

5- Extras

6- Da Ali G Show

7- Curb Your Enthusiasm

8- Six Feet Under

9- Sex & the City

10- G-string Divas (if only for Jordan, the Brazillian chick!)

11- OZ (another show that overstayed its' welcome)

12- Lucky Louie

I always heard great things about "The Wire", but have never seen a full episode. For whatever reason, it just never came on at a time where I could watch it regularly. By the time I had heard how good it was, I had missed so much, I figured I would go back and rent it on DVD...I can't stand picking up the story in the middle.

My HBO series rankings:

1- The Sopranos

2- Larry Sanders

3- Mr Show

4- Deadwood

5- Extras

6- Da Ali G Show

7- Curb Your Enthusiasm

8- Six Feet Under

9- Sex & the City

10- G-string Divas (if only for Jordan, the Brazillian chick!)

11- OZ (another show that overstayed its' welcome)

12- Lucky Louie

I can't believe nobody likes Rome. I think this is a great series and am very disappointed that it's only going for two seasons. :lol:

I can't believe nobody likes Rome. I think this is a great series and am very disappointed that it's only going for two seasons. :lol:

I love Rome too. It is only going for 2 seasons? So after this year, no Sopranos, no Deadwood, no Rome. These three shows, along with BattleStar Galactica are the only shows I watch. I guess I'm down to one show...

EDIT: Opps, I also watch 24 and LOST...

Man I have to say that Entourage and Rome come in a tie, but if it came to a tie breaker Entourage would win, soooo good....

Then The Sopranos comes in 3rd

1. Entourage

1. Rome

3. The Sopranos

4. Arli$$ - I miss that show

5. D Ali G Show - BooYa!

I really liked Rome when it started, but it just didn't sustain my interest, but I don't hate it or anything. I watched the first season, but didn't feel compelled to watch the second right away...some day....I think the reason it got cancelled was that the ratings were only so-so, and it was very expensive to make. If it wasn't so big budget, it would likely be coming back.