What was it Marv used to say?

"Confidence is acheived by victory in battle"

At least half of the problem with this team now is in their heads. Gotta get out of this "how are we gonna blow it this time" or "don't let me be the one to screw the pooch" mentality. I believe even one win will go a long way to getting through that.

Perhaps a team hypnotist...

"Follow my finger with your eyes..." :)

"You don't suck..." :huh:

"You will win..." :)

"If a coach starts listening to fans, he winds up sitting next to them" I'm sure that applies to the virtual world as well....

:)

He also said: "Our goal is to develop our team, to earn what we get, to learn, to develop unselfish attitudes. If we achieve that, the results is that we'll win."

"If a coach starts listening to fans, he winds up sitting next to them"  I'm sure that applies to the virtual world as well....

:)

He also said: "Our goal is to develop our team, to earn what we get, to learn, to develop unselfish attitudes. If we achieve that, the results is that we'll win."

66153[/snapback]

Good evening Marv.... how's retirement treating you?

As recall the team wasn't playing to well a few years ago just before a Dolphins game when Marv came up with this little ditty:

Go Bills! For we are here to cheer for you

Go Bills! We are your fans so true

With victory in sight

We'll yell with all our might

So, Go Bills! Fight Bills! Go!

C'mon, let's win for Buffalo!

Go Bills! We're with you

Fight Bills! We're with you

Go Bills! Let's win this game

We'll raise up all our voices high

The Bills team spirit will not die

Go Bills! For we are here to cheer for you

Go Bills! We are your fans so true

With victory in sight

We'll yell with all our might

At least half of the problem with this team now is in their heads.  Gotta get out of this "how are we gonna blow it this time" or "don't let me be the one to screw the pooch" mentality.  I believe even one win will go a long way to getting through that.

"Follow my finger with your eyes..."  :)

"You don't suck..."  :huh:

"You will win..."  :)

66136[/snapback]

There is a lot of truth in what you say. Did anyone notice that when the Offense game out on the field in their first possesion after the TD they looked confident. They looked like a team that thought they were going to go right down the field and score.

I would have been willing to bet, that if the clock was not a problem, they would have scored on their last possesion. The only question is, can they carry that feeling for a week.

At least half of the problem with this team now is in their heads. Gotta get out of this "how are we gonna blow it this time" or "don't let me be the one to screw the pooch" mentality. I believe even one win will go a long way to getting through that.

I did think of the scene in the movie "the Natural" - today

As recall the team wasn't playing to well a few years ago just before a Dolphins game when Marv came up with this little ditty:

66166[/snapback]

sniff sniff that almost brought a tear to my eye :doh: