Lorenzo Booker

From what I've seen I think he'll be pretty good in the pros. Likely more than just a 3rd down back as he has enough size to compete, to go with his quickness and receiving abilities. I see him going in the late 2nd/early 3rd round area, but then again who knows?

Ramius knows his sht about the Noles...

Lorenzo Booker

As I mentioned in that thread, I think he would be a great pickup in the 3rd round. Rarely can you get someone with his talent in such a late round unless there are character/injury issues. Booker will slip simply because of the blackhole that has been FSU's offense for the last 5+ years.

Three RBs I would love to grab after Round 1

- Michael Bush (2nd)

- Lorenzo Booker (3rd)

- Darius Walker (3rd)

<a href="http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=59060" target="_blank">

Lorenzo Booker

</a>

As I mentioned in that thread, I think he would be a great pickup in the 3rd round. Rarely can you get someone with his talent in such a late round unless there are character/injury issues. Booker will slip simply because of the blackhole that has been FSU's offense for the last 5+ years.

- Michael Bush (2nd)

- Lorenzo Booker (3rd)

- Darius Walker (3rd)

not darious walker. as a Notre Dame fan, i have watched him all through his colege career, and i have to say, i am not impressed. seems he was always being tackled by the first guy to touch him.

<a href="http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=59060" target="_blank">

Lorenzo Booker

</a>

- Michael Bush (2nd)

- Lorenzo Booker (3rd)

- Darius Walker (3rd)

Does seem a little small

not darious walker. as a Notre Dame fan, i have watched him all through his colege career, and i have to say, i am not impressed. seems he was always being tackled by the first guy to touch him.

Wow. I respectfully disagree. I've seen every game of Walker's career and while he was obviously no Bettis, he didn't just fall over with contact. Plus he always found the crease or fell that way that would give him the extra yard or two.

His field vision is amazing. Never seen anyone line up his blockers or assess the field the way he does. Running screens was a thing of beauty...completely Thurman-esque. His true weakness was lack of speed. You give him speed in the 4.4 range and we are talking about the next Reggie Bush.

I think Booker will be the 3rd RB selected in a weak RB class. His speed and quickness will get him drafted higher than some expect, probably in the early 2nd round. He probably isn't a starter due to his size, but would be an ideal utility RB who is an excellent open field runner with great recieving and return skills.

Wow. I have respectfully disagree. I've seen every game of Walker's career and while he was obviously no Bettis, he didn't just fall over with contact. Plus he always found the crease or fell that way that would give him the extra yard or two.

His field vision is amazing. Never seen anyone line up his blockers or assess the field the way he does. Running screens was a thing of beauty...completely Thurman-esque. His true weakness was lack of speed. You give him speed in the 4.4 range and we are talking about the next Reggie Bush.

So he is good ,FaulkMarshallType?

So he is good ,FaulkMarshallType?

Vision wise, catching ability...YES. Athletic ability...NO.

Seriously, the guy will probably have a career more like another Faulk...Kevin. His lack of speed (which was apparent even in the college game) will never allow him to become a feature back (IMO). But the guy just always seemed to know exactly what seam to hit or when to cut to maximize his yards per play. He knew (completely unlike Willis recently) when falling forward for 2 yards was the right move over dancing. He knew when to drop down and dive forward for an extra few and he was an artist on screen passes. Dude caught 100 passes over the past two years in addition to running for almost 2500.

I'd love to see him in a Bills jersey.

Seriously, the guy will probably have a career more like another Faulk...Kevin. His lack of speed (which was apparent even in the college game) will never allow him to become a feature back (IMO). But the guy just always seemed to know exactly what seam to hit or when to cut to maximize his yards per play. He knew (completely unlike Willis recently) when falling forward for 2 yards was the right move over dancing. He knew when to drop down and dive forward for an extra few and he was an artist on screen passes. Dude caught 100 passes over the past two years in addition to running for almost 2500.

So he`s better than a Shaud Williams?

As a loyal FSU fan, I have watched Booker for the last 4 yrs. He was the most heavily recruited RB coming out of High School (California) but sadly his career never materialized while wearing the garnet and gold. I attribute much of his lack-of-progression to the horrible offensive coaching that he received while at FSU (our offense was plain lousy and non-imaginitive under Jeff Bowden). That said, Booker dances way too much! He is NOT a North-South runner and relies on his speed and elusiveness to gain yardage -- something he will not be able to do with much consistency in the pros.

On the positive side, he is an excellent receiver and FSU did (to their credit) use him in this capacity from time-to-time --ala Reggie Bush. He has never had any major injuries and is ripped physically. With some good coaching he might become a starter in the pros -- but I honestly thought Leon Washington (former backfield mate and now with the JETS) had more potential in the NFL. I see Booker as more of a backup and less of a full-time everydown back.

ehhh.. wtf? the one good thing about lorenzo booker is he is blazingly fast. did you see him catch that swing pass against penn state 2 years ago and outrun the entire defense?

and he had a habit of dancing way too much- just like ny nole said. i don't know if that's just how he runs the ball or if it was a byproduct of fsu's offense.

ehhh.. wtf? the one good thing about lorenzo booker is he is blazingly fast. did you see him catch that swing pass against penn state 2 years ago and outrun the entire defense?

and he had a habit of dancing way too much- just like ny nole said. i don't know if that's just how he runs the ball or if it was a byproduct of fsu's offense.

I was talking about Darius Walker.

Buffaloed, if you were asking about Booker when you quoted my post, then I apologize. Didn't mean to sidetrack the thread.

As a loyal FSU fan, I have watched Booker for the last 4 yrs. He was the most heavily recruited RB coming out of High School (California) but sadly his career never materialized while wearing the garnet and gold. I attribute much of his lack-of-progression to the horrible offensive coaching that he received while at FSU (our offense was plain lousy and non-imaginitive under Jeff Bowden). That said, Booker dances way too much! He is NOT a North-South runner and relies on his speed and elusiveness to gain yardage -- something he will not be able to do with much consistency in the pros.

On the positive side, he is an excellent receiver and FSU did (to their credit) use him in this capacity from time-to-time --ala Reggie Bush. He has never had any major injuries and is ripped physically. With some good coaching he might become a starter in the pros -- but I honestly thought Leon Washington (former backfield mate and now with the JETS) had more potential in the NFL. I see Booker as more of a backup and less of a full-time everydown back.

That's a pretty good assessment. As an NFL RB, I see him as a 'tweener - more than a 3rd-down back but not big/strong enough or enough of a North-South runner to be an every down guy.

If someone brings him in and has some imagination, using him out of the backfield, splitting him out as a WR, maybe returning punts - using him in a "Slash"-type role - then he could cause some headaches for opposing defenses. But as others have mentioned, I wouldn't draft him to be the main/featured back.