Riddle me this Batman

eSJayDee

Watching the game on tape & what I believe is our last possession of the 3rd qtr, the last play is a sack. (Wow, hard to believe, huh?)

Anyway, my observation/comment is this -

4 man front, Jets send 6 or maybe only 5. The LDE & LOLB are coming in unimpeded, L.Smith 'pulls' from his LG position to pick of the innermost charging LDE, which still leaves the OLB w/ a clear shot at Bledsoe. (If there was a 6th rusher he comes up the left middle & is picked by the RB) Now what's worse than having Smith trying to peel out to pick up the DE, is that MW shifts to the inside & BLOCKS NO ONE ('cuz there's no one there). WTF?

How is it lack of talent? I'll buy the other three.

66018[/snapback]

Maybe talent isn't the right word. I keep going back to what Lori said that BADOL said once about how we have 'talent' but we don't have 'players'. Maybe that's it. IF these guys are indeed talented, they are not showing it with much consistency on Sundays.

Actually, I was the L Smith move later in the game as well. If I were to speculate, it's either designed to be like a misdirection cue to fool the blitzers that it's an outside running play or they think Smith can cover 10 yards to block the DE better than MW can cover 10 feet (That'd be sad).

Maybe talent isn't the right word.  I keep going back to what Lori said that BADOL said once about how we have 'talent' but we don't have 'players'.  Maybe that's it.  IF these guys are indeed talented, they are not showing it with much consistency on Sundays.

66060[/snapback]

Could lack of desire apply to a couple of these guys? I would think that Big Mike and Jennings lack the desire to excel.

Btw, did you ( or others) think that we lost much with Tucker at center? Mistakes notwithstanding, I failed to see much of a difference between him and Teague, and I was specifically watching.

i saw one positive.late in the 4th quarter when willis was in there i saw him take out a defender.i was at the game and the jets fans were even commenting on it.they were all like who is that guy and some people started saying that was the guy from miami that wrecked his knee or whatever.it was nice to see willis running and making blocks.on the one he rolled to the ground and totally took the jet out

i saw one positive.late in the 4th quarter when willis was in there i saw him take out a defender.i was at the game and the jets fans were even commenting on it.they were all like who is that guy and some people started saying that was the guy from miami that wrecked his knee or whatever.it was nice to see willis running and making blocks.on the one he rolled to the ground and totally took the jet out

66155[/snapback]

In previous games I have seen Willis up-end guys rushing in on Bledsoe. He is a pretty good blocker.

Watching the game on tape & what I believe is our last possession of the 3rd qtr, the last play is a sack. (Wow, hard to believe, huh?)

Anyway, my observation/comment is this -

4 man front, Jets send 6 or maybe only 5.  The LDE & LOLB are coming in unimpeded, L.Smith 'pulls' from his LG position to pick of the innermost charging LDE, which still leaves the OLB w/ a clear shot at Bledsoe.  (If there was a 6th rusher he comes up the left middle & is picked by the RB)  Now what's worse than having Smith trying to peel out to pick up the DE, is that MW shifts to the inside & BLOCKS NO ONE ('cuz there's no one there).  WTF?

65963[/snapback]

I don't recall that exact play, but by the way you described it, it sounds like it was most likely a zone-blocking scheme.