I've changed my mind...

I thing people here are right. We should see who we have in McCargo and Williams first before we go after a DT. It still would be nice to get Okoye but I think that we need someone to fill in Clement's position or Flectcher's position first. These are our 2 biggest holes on this team now. For all you who think we need to draft a running back with the 1st pick, why? The only way I can see us doing that is if and ONLY if we can't resign the A-Train and we trade McGahee (which we most likely will). Right now we need to focus on Patrick Willis or Leon Hall.

I am starting to lean that way myself as time goes on.....

There is still a lot of free agency left thought which could change things......if we can get a CB like Harper then I can pass on Hall.....but I think we HAVE to get a LB in the first at this point......this business with Takeo is really bothering me I thought the bills would see if he could get back to close to where he was with another offseason.

We may not have a choice.....

I think FA would finish off great if we can grab Harper to compete with Youbuty for the second CB spot. The only way we trade Willis right now is if we have a LB lined up (Cato June?). That would leave us free in the first round to grab a RB. Otherwise, hang on to Willis, draft Patrick Willis with the 1st round pick, then either grab a RB in the second if someone we like is still there, or look at CB/DL. Draft a RB in the 1st next year to replace Willis if we can't get a long term deal worked out.

I think FA would finish off great if we can grab Harper to compete with Youbuty for the second CB spot. The only way we trade Willis right now is if we have a LB lined up (Cato June?). That would leave us free in the first round to grab a RB. Otherwise, hang on to Willis, draft Patrick Willis with the 1st round pick, then either grab a RB in the second if someone we like is still there, or look at CB/DL. Draft a RB in the 1st next year to replace Willis if we can't get a long term deal worked out.

The only problem with that is we'll have a rookie behind a year. The logical thing to do since the draft is so deep with rb is to grab one this year either in the 1st or 2nd rounds. Maybe even use Magahee as bait to get up higher in the second or for another higher pick on draft day.

I wonder if we'll get Cato June. So far I've heard nothing of any teams interested in him.

What do you think it would take to get Lance Briggs (who wants to be traded) from Chicago? Think players and picks.

(forget about money considerations for the moment, I'm just curious about possibilities)

The only problem with that is we'll have a rookie behind a year. The logical thing to do since the draft is so deep with rb is to grab one this year either in the 1st or 2nd rounds. Maybe even use Magahee as bait to get up higher in the second or for another higher pick on draft day.

I truly think that this year is actually weak for RBs. There is marginal talent after Lynch and I think the best way to utilize our FA acquisitions is to draft a powerful runner like Michael Bush or Tony Hunt in the second round. Re-sign A-Train to groom whomever for WMs departure.

Everybody thinks Marv wants his Thurman, but in today's NFL, with the first day acquisitions, we could plug in a 2nd round prospect like Bush to compliment the finesse style veteran. This will make our team better because we will be able to convert 3rd and shorts an keep our D off the field. Plus we are a NE outdoor football team that plays against other NE out

Say no to first round RB. Say Yes to bollstering our young porouball teams. footdoors D with a MLB Leader.

the first day SHOULD be LB, CB, DT in that order of need.

of course, dependent on talent available, the order may change.

but either way, those have to be our first day picks.

Says who? We are strikingly weak at WR imo, and who knows from day to day what our situation is at running back?

I think we are (or at least should be) looking at the "best player available," at least in round 1.

Says who? We are strikingly weak at WR imo, and who knows from day to day what our situation is at running back?

I think we are (or at least should be) looking at the "best player available," at least in round 1.

Completely agree with you on the WR front. I think a big red zone target has to be considered a primary need.