There is no way that Marv is willing to part with McGahee

The problem is that if next year Willis decides he wants to leave Buffalo we can't do anything about it. We can't trade him because this is the last year of his contract. If we trade him now and we can get some value for him. I have a feeling he's going to want to test the market next year. We might as well trade him while we can still get some value for him.

People want to question our needs like tomorrow is our opener. We drafted McCargo in the 1st rd, can't we see if he's a bust before we announce that we still need help at the DT position? Furthermore, it wouldn't shock me if we were to sign someone like Cato June in the near future. I think that people are panicking a little prematurely about our needs. Let's see what happens before we think that we still have gaping holes to fill. Marv has done nothing to doubt him so far.

People want to question our needs like tomorrow is our opener. We drafted McCargo in the 1st rd, can't we see if he's a bust before we announce that we still need help at the DT position? Furthermore, it wouldn't shock me if we were to sign someone like Cato June in the near future. I think that people are panicking a little prematurely about our needs. Let's see what happens before we think that we still have gaping holes to fill. Marv has done nothing to doubt him so far.

Ummm... you started this thread... by saying Marv HAD to trade up for one specific guy. :cry:

Travis Henry has had discussions with the Packers, Texans and Raiders so far with a impending meeting with the Broncos. Keep an eye on both the Raiders and Texans, both of course pick before us in the draft. This seems to indicate that the Raiders may indeed make a move with Lamont Jordan afterall. If the Texans fail to sign Henry, or any other RB for that matter, then they should be in the market for one in the 1st rd. If the Raiders secure one they just might be a good trade partner afterall.

I dunno. If the Bills trade Willis McGahee, our only RBs would be Shaud Williams and Fred Jackson. I'd say that's a pretty glaring hole as well.

Exactly! Why create a hole where none exists? :cry: We've got enough areas to address on the other side of the ball.

He came in and purged the malcontents, second tier players and the miscast personnel. I think that this is part of the reasoning on Spikes, that and his serious injury.

No Way..... :cry:

How does TKO fit in this mess?? He is not a second teir miscast malcontent; nor will he ever be.

He will be the best player on the field in '07; right here in Buffalo. Count on it :cry:

Exactly.

It would be pointless to sign 3 lineman and not have anyone decent to run the ball. They will add a new RB.

Yes they will, but Willis will start, just like TKO :cry:

How does TKO fit in this mess?? He is not a second teir miscast malcontent; nor will he ever be.

He's been openly dissatisfied about releasing Milloy, Fletcher and others. It's not his decisions. He's a player, so he should just play. The Bills paid him to play, and quite well too, not to be a GM.

This is no year to expect RB help in the draft or in FA unless you draft Lynch in RD#1.

From ESPN:

"Clearly, this is a two-back draft. Peterson will probably go to Cleveland with the third pick and Marshawn Lynch of Cal secured a mid first-round grade with his 4.46 time in the 40. Peterson tied Chris Henry of Arizona with a 4.4 40 and he did it despite finding out his half brother was shot over the weekend. That's simply incredible concentration. What's interesting about the rest of the backs is that there are great, raw, big backs who will be available in the second and third rounds. Henry came out of nowhere to run his 4.4 weighing 230 pounds. Ohio State's Antonio Pittman helped his stock with a 4.4 40. Michael Bush of Louisville still has to run. This isn't the year to get an impact running back -- either in free agency or in the draft, but it's a good year to add depth. The backs in the draft are big and have some speed. The free agent backs are more 1-A type of prospects who may not be featured but can help."

Exactly! Why create a hole where none exists? :blink: We've got enough areas to address on the other side of the ball.

I don't necessarily disagree with that. Still, I do expect the Bills to unload McGahee, whether I think its the best idea or not.