Bills sign Langston Walker

LOL!!!

Then I'd just be one of thousands of voices saying the same thing. What fun would that be?

Not at all true. There are several posters here who provide insightful, positive posts that stand out. And those posts certainly are not always negative. But, again, your posts tonight have got my attention. I am a lot less upbeat about the Walker signing now.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read about six pages of your drivel and the only ones I saw that you had anything good to say at all were Justin Geisinger and Eric King. You did manage to say that Lendale White would be the best runner in the draft. But you just speak the truth.

LenDale had a torn hammy to start camp last year. He got better as the season progressed. In case you haven't noticed, the Titans intend to dump Henry and are letting Chris Brown walk. Any idea why?

LOL!!!

If a player gets injured, he is a bust and he had no talent at all. Just ask Texans fans about Tony Boselli...

Eric King should never have been cut. Justin struggled with the T to G transition, but is a heck of a lot better at T or G than Langston Walker.

LenDale had a torn hammy to start camp last year. He got better as the season progressed. In case you haven't noticed, the Titans intend to dump Henry and are letting Chris Brown walk. Any idea why?

LOL!!!

If a player gets injured, he is a bust and he had no talent at all. Just ask Texans fans about Tony Boselli...

Eric King should never have been cut. Justin struggled with the T to G transition, but is a heck of a lot better at T or G than Langston Walker.

Yeah, I do know why, because Chris Brown's contract was up and the Titans owed Travis an 8 mil bonus that no one would have paid. And Lendale didnt get better as the season went on he got worse.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7794/splits

But you just speak the truth.

Yeah, I do know why, because Chris Brown's contract was up and the Titans owed Travis an 8 mil bonus that no one would have paid. And Lendale didnt get better as the season went on he got worse.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7794/splits

But you just speak the truth.

LMFAO!@!!!

So, "you're" take on LenDale consists of 100% pure stat parroting. Nice. He got "worse" because, what, his YPC went down? LMAO!! BAWK BAWK BAWK. Polly wanna cracker? Did you notice LenDale in on almost all passing downs while the Titans went on their late win streak? Did you perhaps notice that it was LenDale who clocked Schoebel on one of Vince's late scrambles, and that block allowed Young to get the corner? And that play was critical to the Bills' loss... Of course you didn't, because you cannot PARROT it from the stat column.

Football players can be evaluated when they play. They cannot be evaluated when they do not play. Those who claim football players who do not play can be evaluated are PARROTS who understand nothing but stats and "coach knows best" blabber.

At first I was suprised at the Langston Walker Deal- I mean why pay big bucks to a guy who is basically the the same thing as Pennington abet with more experience- my guess is that since we no longer have Gandy to back up LT, Walker gets big money cause he has played LT and the Bills don't trust Pennington or Butler to play LT- So if Jason Peters goes down Walker moves to LT and Pennington or Butler moves to RT

Anybody know if he can play OG? From the sounds of things he is better suited to OG than OT.

Dockery at LOG, Walker at ROG? If not, who will be ROG?

Unfortunately, LaDaris is more right than wrong about Walker. Surely some of you caught a Raiders game or two last year. They were on national TV much more than you'd expect from a crappy team, and Langston Walker sucks.

Now, he does have the potential to get better with his size/speed combo, and that's where McNally figures in. But upside is different from production. And right now Langston Walker sucks.

Unfortunately, LaDaris is more right than wrong about Walker. Surely some of you caught a Raiders game or two last year. They were on national TV much more than you'd expect from a crappy team, and Langston Walker sucks.

Now, he does have the potential to get better with his size/speed combo, and that's where McNally figures in. But upside is different from production. And right now Langston Walker sucks.

... and to pay big bucks for a vet who has had every chance in the world to show something and still sukks sukks sukks is, well...

Anybody know if he can play OG? From the sounds of things he is better suited to OG than OT.

The Raiders tried Walker at OG after he first failed at ORT. After he failed at OG, Shell moved him back to ORT and Gallery to OLT. That got Shell fired.

I think Whittle or a first day draft pick. If you look at how the Bills are assembling the line, I think they want the left side to be the straight ahead plowers and for Fowler, Whittle, and Walker to be the pullers. Fowler is mobile but light in the ass. Whittle is good at pulling. And Walker is mobile for his size and can hopefully develop into a consistent space blocker.

Indeed, edge rushers are a ridiculous problem. It is crystal clear that you have no idea what you are talking about regarding his run blocking. Run blocking is different from being awed by his size in the huddle. The Raiders tried Walker at OG and that was a complete disaster too. Defenders get under Langston. Langston, for all of his size, gets overpowered a lot. This is a major reason why the Raider OL sukked and why the Raiders let Walker walk...

Not to pick a fight LaD...but you are not the only one who has been watching the Raiders line this past year (I get subjected to it because I live in a family of raider fans

The raiders have thrown a lot of high picks at their offensive line.....including Robert Gallery AND a highly regarded center as well.....and the WHOLE LINE sucked and and that includes Gallery who was getting beat like a drum no matter where he played.......

They were so bad that I started to think that maybe it wasn't the line so much as what they were asked to do in thier protection and run blocking. The whole team was horrible.

I think the bills are bringing Langston in as a bit of a project and based on potential......but body wise he has all the tools....

Not to pick a fight LaD...but you are not the only one who has been watching the Raiders line this past year (I get subjected to it because I live in a family of raider fans

The raiders have thrown a lot of high picks at their offensive line.....including Robert Gallery AND a highly regarded center as well.....and the WHOLE LINE sucked and and that includes Gallery who was getting beat like a drum no matter where he played.......

They were so bad that I started to think that maybe it wasn't the line so much as what they were asked to do in thier protection and run blocking. The whole team was horrible.

I think the bills are bringing Langston in as a bit of a project and based on potential......but body wise he has all the tools....

Only problem with that is you don't pay guys in free agency based on potential.. they get big pay days because they are proven studs.. If this was Tom Donahoe making this deal I would be a lot more worried.. Because it's Marv, I have some faith.

Only problem with that is you don't pay guys in free agency based on potential.. they get big pay days because they are proven studs.. If this was Tom Donahoe making this deal I would be a lot more worried.. Because it's Marv, I have some faith.

I'm basically with you on this one. It has the potential to be an embarrassing signing for Marv & Co.......time will tell but obviously they believe he will get the job done. Only thing we can do is wait & see. Fingers crossed he will be a solid starter for us for years to come. :devil:

Jauron said he watched ten full games of Walker last year and rarely did he get beat on a play. He said he did his job virtually every single time. And the rest of the coaching staff and John Guy's staff watched all kinds of film on him and they really wanted him. Marv, for his part, implied he didnt see him half as much as the coaches and the personnel department did, and it was basically their decision to go after him, as well as Dockery, who was obvious, and Whittle because McNally knew him.

Jauron said he watched ten full games of Walker last year and rarely did he get beat on a play. He said he did his job virtually every single time. And the rest of the coaching staff and John Guy's staff watched all kinds of film on him and they really wanted him. Marv, for his part, implied he didnt see him half as much as the coaches and the personnel department did, and it was basically their decision to go after him, as well as Dockery, who was obvious, and Whittle because McNally knew him.

I saw Walker get beat several times in the Raiders season opener alone. I mean, he was owned. Every time I saw the Raiders o-line last year, they looked terrible (and every time, that included Walker). Now, my understanding of what I see right in front of me should pale in comparison to the Bills front office. I know that. However, I'm just telling you, from the level of a fan, Langston Walker looked godawful last year.

Remember the Doom and Gloom after Whitner? Right.

Who to believe. Scouts Inc. and Jauron or a couple posters?

5 mil a year in this year's FA market will not be all that much money. I'll give him a chance.