Bills sign Langston Walker

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a masher in the run game....The Bills are building a power run OLine.....I like it

Simply equating size to run blocking is pathetic. Walker just flat out sukks, plain and simple. He is not a good run blocker. All he is is big. The guy is super stiff and should never have been offered more than the NFL minimum wage. To think the FO actually wants this guy to start is like hiring a hit man to beat up Losman.

Simply equating size to run blocking is pathetic. Walker just flat out sukks, plain and simple. He is not a good run blocker. All he is is big. The guy is super stiff and should never have been offered more than the NFL minimum wage. To think the FO actually wants this guy to start is like hiring a hit man to beat up Losman.

obviously youve never seen him play.....

His problem is edge rushers...Hopefully Mcnally could help round out his play

I was getting ready to jump on LaDairis, as it seems like he is a pretty negative guy. That still may be the case, but I looked back at his old posts, and he was tearing Walker apart back in October 2005 when Robert Gallery was tossed over to play RT because it seems Walker was doing prety poorly.

Of course, looking at those posts, it seems like LaDairis only comes out to attack.

obviously youve never seen him play.....

His problem is edge rushers...Hopefully Mcnally could help round out his play

Indeed, edge rushers are a ridiculous problem. It is crystal clear that you have no idea what you are talking about regarding his run blocking. Run blocking is different from being awed by his size in the huddle. The Raiders tried Walker at OG and that was a complete disaster too. Defenders get under Langston. Langston, for all of his size, gets overpowered a lot. This is a major reason why the Raider OL sukked and why the Raiders let Walker walk...

I was getting ready to jump on LaDairis, as it seems like he is a pretty negative guy. That still may be the case, but I looked back at his old posts, and he was tearing Walker apart back in October 2005 when Robert Gallery was tossed over to play RT because it seems Walker was doing prety poorly.

Of course, looking at those posts, it seems like LaDairis only comes out to attack.

Does Walker suck or not, that's the question. I guess we will soon enough find out. How about this line.........

McNally can work his magic! :P:lol::wallbash:

I was right then and I am right now. Sorry if the truth hurts. There is an endless supply of positive spin. I am a source of truth, regardless of how much it hurts.

I was right then and I am right now. Sorry if the truth hurts. There is an endless supply of positive spin. I am a source of truth, regardless of how much it hurts.

I was impressed that your view on this guy has history that was easily proven. My other point was that it might be more quickly believed if you bothered to post when there are positive things, too.

Indeed, edge rushers are a ridiculous problem. It is crystal clear that you have no idea what you are talking about regarding his run blocking. Run blocking is different from being awed by his size in the huddle. The Raiders tried Walker at OG and that was a complete disaster too. Defenders get under Langston. Langston, for all of his size, gets overpowered a lot. This is a major reason why the Raider OL sukked and why the Raiders let Walker walk...

Walker opted out....

His problem is in his pass protection...not run blocking....I'd compare him to another ex Bills RT....

Here is Scouts Inc's read. Sounds like he's an underacheiver--McNally et al. will have to work to get him to be the stud it sounds like he can be.

Walker is gigantic and moves well for his size. He has starting experience at tackle and guard. He has an ideal frame at tackle: great height, very good bulk and long arms. He has the lateral mobility to slide and mirror. He can redirect and recover if beaten. He even can pull from the guard position. His size forces defenders to take an extra step to get around his edge. He is quick enough off the ball and can get to the second level and get position. He is powerful, plays with a very wide base and can engulf defenders off the snap. But Walker is very inconsistent. He takes some plays off and looks bad or disinterested. He catches defenders too often, instead of striking. He sometimes overextends instead of moving his feet. He can be slow to recognize blitzes and stunts. His competitiveness and toughness are concerns.

I was impressed that your view on this guy has history that was easily proven. My other point was that it might be more quickly believed if you bothered to post when there are positive things, too.

LOL!!!

Then I'd just be one of thousands of voices saying the same thing. What fun would that be?

LOL!!!

Then I'd just be one of thousands of voices saying the same thing. What fun would that be?

I just read about six pages of your drivel and the only ones I saw that you had anything good to say at all were Justin Geisinger and Eric King. You did manage to say that Lendale White would be the best runner in the draft. But you just speak the truth.

At first I was suprised at the Langston Walker Deal- I mean why pay big bucks to a guy who is basically the the same thing as Pennington abet with more experience- my guess is that since we no longer have Gandy to back up LT, Walker gets big money cause he has played LT and the Bills don't trust Pennington or Butler to play LT- So if Jason Peters goes down Walker moves to LT and Pennington or Butler moves to RT