Quick thoughts re TKO, Whittle, etc.

jahnyc

1. Way too much turmoil with this team (two years in a row). Owner saying the team will eventually need to leave, cash to cap, TKO and McGahee. We need stability if we want to attract free agents and fans.

2. The TKO thing makes some sense because his production does not match his compensation. Having said that, assuming the Bills lose Fletcher, our linebacking corp, once a strength, will be decimated. The Bills will not be able to trade TKO.

3. All the talk from the Bills about wanting to sign their own players is very annoying since they are about to lose Clements and Fletcher. There are no players at those positions in free agency or in the draft who would play as well or better for the Bills next year. In addition, Clements and Fletcher seem to fit the type of player that the Bills want. Clements has been very professional and Fletcher is a strong leader with character. I thought that these were the types of qualities the Bills were looking for in their players.

4. I don't really care, but why did the Bills sign Whittle? I thought Marv was looking for quality and not quantity. Does he count towards the four or so players that will be signed in free agency? I would have thought Butler, Merz, Preston and Pennington would have been enough depth, assuming the Bills really target the o-line in free agency. I hope that the o-line finally will be addressed. It will be very disappointing if all of the holes that have been created recently cause the team to devote resouces to other than improving the o-line.

5. It will be very upsetting to watch teams like San Fran and Cleveland use their cap space while the Bills sit on the sidelines. With the second or third most available cap space, it is crazy not to use it on free agents or on their own players (extensions, etc.).

1. Way too much turmoil with this team (two years in a row). Owner saying the team will eventually need to leave, cash to cap, TKO and McGahee. We need stability if we want to attract free agents and fans.

2. The TKO thing makes some sense because his production does not match his compensation. Having said that, assuming the Bills lose Fletcher, our linebacking corp, once a strength, will be decimated. The Bills will not be able to trade TKO.

3. All the talk from the Bills about wanting to sign their own players is very annoying since they are about to lose Clements and Fletcher. There are no players at those positions in free agency or in the draft who would play as well or better for the Bills next year. In addition, Clements and Fletcher seem to fit the type of player that the Bills want. Clements has been very professional and Fletcher is a strong leader with character. I thought that these were the types of qualities the Bills were looking for in their players.

4. I don't really care, but why did the Bills sign Whittle? I thought Marv was looking for quality and not quantity. Does he count towards the four or so players that will be signed in free agency? I would have thought Butler, Merz, Preston and Pennington would have been enough depth, assuming the Bills really target the o-line in free agency. I hope that the o-line finally will be addressed. It will be very disappointing if all of the holes that have been created recently cause the team to devote resouces to other than improving the o-line.

5. It will be very upsetting to watch teams like San Fran and Cleveland use their cap space while the Bills sit on the sidelines. With the second or third most available cap space, it is crazy not to use it on free agents or on their own players (extensions, etc.).

I think Whittle was signed for depth with Villarrial cut and I'm sure Reyes is gone.

I think Whittle was signed for depth with Villarrial cut and I'm sure Reyes is gone.

yup. the guy can play any position on the OL. Thats kind of backup/depth is key. It allows oyu to carry an extra roster spot at some other position.