Jamal Lewis released.

Tipster19

I think that I better clarify my statements. I'm not suggesting anything about Buffalo obtaining Lewis. I'm just thinking that we could benefit the most trading MaGahee to this team. As far as MaGahee's replacement, I think that if we were to re-sign A-Train, obtain a UFA/RFA to compliment him (as a Chris Brown/DeShaun Foster) and then draft a future RB in the 2nd or 3rd rd area, we woulod be adequate at the RB position and still address other areas of need. I don't want Lewis and I don't believe that Marv & Co. does either. Would we benefit from such a scenario?

Let me add T.J. Duckett to the mix if he's available. He has a great attitude all last year and doesn't have alot of wear and tear. As a stop gap, I do believe a UFA/RFA can serve the purpose until we groom a future canidate.

I`m saying I don`t want the Coke Train anyway at all ...free agent ..whatever

I think it sounds too good to be true. It looks great on paper, and if all the stars were to align in a perfect world, Buffalo will have found its dumpster for McGahee- a dumpster, mind you, that a growing sect of Bills fans seem eagar to find.

I don't get the impression, however, that Marv and Co. are looking for a way to deal him ASAP...

Then you better wake up pal because it's all over the combine. As far as the Baltimore scenario, it's all purely speculation on my part. Make no mistake about it, Buffalo wants to trade MaGahee, Buffalo will trade MaGahee and MaGahee will play for another team and more than likely this year. You can label it star alignment, perfect world or dumpsters but I call it observations and opinions.

Baltimore only released Lewis because of the cap hit of his $5 million roster bonus he was scheduled to receive. They are talking to him now about re-signing him to a better deal to help out with the cap space. I don't think they are interested in another RB unless Lewis feels ill will against the Ravens for letting him go so they wouldn't have to pay the bonus.

Then you better wake up pal because it's all over the combine. As far as the Baltimore scenario, it's all purely speculation on my part. Make no mistake about it, Buffalo wants to trade MaGahee, Buffalo will trade MaGahee and MaGahee will play for another team and more than likely this year. You can label it star alignment, perfect world or dumpsters but I call it observations and opinions.

I'm skeptical of this "all over the combine." Sarcasm and challenging tone aside, do you have first hand account of Buffalo very actively shopping McGahee? I know it came up when the whole Giants thing burst onto the scene, but have there been other instances aside from that one which suggest that the Bills initiated talks at the combine with potential suitors? To my knowledge the Giants scenario was the only one made public and even IT didn't seem to suggest they are trying to shed him to the nearest potential candidate...wishful thinking?

Lewis has been slipping the past 2 years. I'm very unsure if we should get him. Besides he's been in trouble with the law. Marv won't like that.

Um...I thought this tread was about trading Willis to Baltimore not signing Lewis. :thumbdown: