Merrill Hodge and John Clayton debating the topic of the Bills trading

I was watching Sportcenter just a second ago and they said that our asking price might be too high. They said he's not worth a 4th round pick, but a 2nd round pick. They said that this trade could be dead in the water soon because no team wants to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. Unless something happens soon, Clayton said, the Bills idea of trading Willis might not happen at all.

So it sounds like we most likely will be keeping Willis.

I was watching Sportcenter just a second ago and they said that our asking price might be too high. They said he's not worth a 4th round pick, but a 2nd round pick. They said that this trade could be dead in the water soon because no team wants to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

Yep..funny to watch those 2 "debate"..I think they genuinley hate each other!

They said that this trade could be dead in the water soon because no team wants to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. Unless something happens soon, Clayton said, the Bills idea of trading Willis might not happen at all.

Reminds me of when they tried to trade Travis

hey..hold out for a second round pick, and then play a chastened Willis, who will be taken to the woodshed by his agent and told to perform for the Bills this next year now that he has had a good look at his market value in this "trade" charade. I think this might play out just fine for us. WM plays well next year, we franchise him and the value goes WAY up as far as we're concerned. He doesn't play well...cut him and forget him.

I say just light a fire under his a$$. Lets see the McGahee we saw in year 1 and in every Jets game run the same way for the other 14 games. We'll make the playoffs.

Then we let him go. He won't run that hard again once he gets the big bucks. Let somone else pay him. Then, in next years's running back deep draft, we replace him with a 1st rounder.

End of story.

I say just light a fire under his a$$. Lets see the McGahee we saw in year 1 and in every Jets game run the same way for the other 14 games. We'll make the playoffs.

Then we let him go. He won't run that hard again once he gets the big bucks. Let somone else pay him. Then, in next years's running back deep draft, we replace him with a 1st rounder.

Case closed.

Fixed. :thumbsup:

End of story.

who are the RBs coming out next year?

RB Steve Slaton-West Virginia

RB Darren McFadden-Arkansas

RB Felix Jones-Arkansas

RB Chauncey Washington-USC

RB Jonathan Stewart-Oregon

RB Ray Rice-Rutgers

RB Jamaal Charles-Texas

McFadden and Jones from Arkansas are unreal. I got to watch them almost every week last year and these guys can run, and against defenses that know the run is coming. If McFadden stays healthy all year he will win the Heisman.

RB Steve Slaton-West Virginia

RB Darren McFadden-Arkansas

RB Felix Jones-Arkansas

RB Chauncey Washington-USC

RB Jonathan Stewart-Oregon

RB Ray Rice-Rutgers

RB Jamaal Charles-Texas

I hope we don't blow our chances of getting McFadden by winning unnecessary games and.. God forbid make the playoffs !

End of story.

Oooo-da-Lolly! :thumbsup:

I think we will be a worse off team if we take a 3rd or lower pick for Willis, and I have my doubts of us being able to improve by taking a 2nd rounder for him (depends where in the round I guess). 2007 Willis is worth a lot in my mind because he will have a better year looking for the career contract, running behind a better line and on a better O. That's going to be a lot of production to replace. Clearly when with Willis gone in 2008 and even a 7th rounder still on the roster, we are better in 2008 if we trade Willis.

But I just have a tough time seeing us not get worse off by trading Willis unless some team is willing to overspend for him. I don't like the idea of doing something that makes us worse in 2007. It is important that this team takes a step forward in 2007 and makes a playoff push. So I really really hope we don't trade him just to unload him, and I would laugh and say no to the first pick in the third round without thinking twice. Accept a first rounder most likely, think about a second rounder, and turn down anything else.

I think we will be a worse off team if we take a 3rd or lower pick for Willis, and I have my doubts of us being able to improve by taking a 2nd rounder for him (depends where in the round I guess). 2007 Willis is worth a lot in my mind because he will have a better year looking for the career contract, running behind a better line and on a better O. That's going to be a lot of production to replace. Clearly when with Willis gone in 2008 and even a 7th rounder still on the roster, we are better in 2008 if we trade Willis.

But I just have a tough time seeing us not get worse off by trading Willis unless some team is willing to overspend for him. I don't like the idea of doing something that makes us worse in 2007. It is important that this team takes a step forward in 2007 and makes a playoff push. So I really really hope we don't trade him just to unload him, and I would laugh and say no to the first pick in the third round without thinking twice. Accept a first rounder most likely, think about a second rounder, and turn down anything else.

:thumbsup: