Merrill Hodge and John Clayton debating the topic of the Bills trading

I hope we don't blow our chances of getting McFadden by winning unnecessary games and.. God forbid make the playoffs !

This is why we shouldn't trade him now. I don't know if we'd have a chance at drafting a high-caliber RB this year and forget about a free agent. McFadden, Slaton, and Rice would all be worthwhile selections.

But I'd still trade him now, while he has some worth. He clearly doesn't have the motivation to be here and has a slimy agent who just wants to get his money...where he can get anywhere but Buffalo, for all I care. I wouldn't be upset to see Willis go.

This is why we shouldn't trade him now. I don't know if we'd have a chance at drafting a high-caliber RB this year and forget about a free agent. McFadden, Slaton, and Rice would all be worthwhile selections.

But I'd still trade him now, while he has some worth. He clearly doesn't have the motivation to be here and has a slimy agent who just wants to get his money...where he can get anywhere but Buffalo, for all I care. I wouldn't be upset to see Willis go.

I think that the motivation situation is the reverse of the way you describe it. If he wants to make the big bucks in getting out of here then this should motivate him to play well in his contract year.