with Kelsay signing...

keithg

i'd be suprised if we drafted a corner in the first round, even if we don't re-sign nate. If the bills are going to start playing a true Cover 2, the corners are not as important, i could see us drafting a MLB in the first round, depending on what happens in free agency and the mcgahee situation

Yeah, it pretty much rules out DE. Levi Brown, Okoye/Branch, Willis... I think these are the options

With good combines, all the players you list may be gone by #12.

Okoye and Branch are no brainers to go in top 10.

Miami is cutting their LT so Levi Brown may be their target.

Willis ran well at the combine and may move into top 10 since other MLB options are so poor.

If the above options are gone, hoepfully a DE or Brady Quinn with some sex appeal falls to #12 and the Bills are able to trade down.

With good combines, all the players you list may be gone by #12.

Okoye and Branch are no brainers to go in top 10.

Miami is cutting their LT so Levi Brown may be their target.

Willis ran well at the combine and may move into top 10 since other MLB options are so poor.

If the above options are gone, hoepfully a DE or Brady Quinn with some sex appeal falls to #12 and the Bills are able to trade down.

Is that why a bunch of mock drafts have us getting Okoye? I've seen too many "no-brainer" comments on this board that are wholly unjustified.

I think if Okoye is available at 12 we should grab him. I feel pretty much the same way about Branch. If neither of them is available and Willis or Blaylock is...(and I suspect ONE of the four will be available)...go for him. Trading McGahee makes me want the Bills to assess the situation if none of the three mentioned are available and see if a can't miss RB or TE is worthy of 12, and if not trade down and go for offensive line..

Is that why a bunch of mock drafts have us getting Okoye? I've seen too many "no-brainer" comments on this board that are wholly unjustified.

You mean all the pre-combine Mocks that don't mean a damn thing. Come to think of it the post combine mocks don't mean a damn thing either. How many mocks did you see last year that had us taking Whitner at 8. IMO it is very, very possible Okoye is gone by 12.

I was thinking we might go DE in 1st round if one of Gaines Adams or J Anderson somehow fell to us. Now even if that were to happen, do we now go either MLB like Willis, or the top CB or even a RB...what do you all think?

YEP--we are set with our all -pro power DEs now.