Possible signing

KC from Cali

I believe we might sign L. Petitgout. He was an undrafted FA when he went to the giants and McNally was his coach. I think he will be affordable and can be versitale enough to play OG or OT. Let me know what you think...

Comment:

Petitgout is consistent, durable and experienced. He has some versatility, having played both tackle positions and guard in the NFL. He is tall, rangy and has good first-step quickness. His is smart and has surprisingly good feet for his size. He understands blocking angles and knows how to work defenders. He usually plays in control, rarely overextends and can handle combination moves. He is adept at cut blocking when necessary. He moves laterally with ease and has some natural ability to change directions. He can mirror and slide with most ends and run them past the pocket with his long arms. He is effective on pull and trap blocks and on the second level. His footwork and frame help him close down separation and maintain contact with defenders. But Petitgout lacks ideal power and athleticism. He can get a little upright, and he won't move the pile in the run game. He has some problems against big, strong two-gap linemen. He lacks lower-body explosiveness and isn't a great finisher. He isn't quite quick enough when isolated on the edge.

He was a first round pick and has missed at least six games each of the past two seasons. But other than that...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133388

1999 New York Giants 15 8

2000 New York Giants 16 16

2001 New York Giants 16 16

2002 New York Giants 16 16

2003 New York Giants 10 10

2004 New York Giants 16 16

2005 New York Giants 15 15

2006 New York Giants 9 9

I believe we might sign L. Petitgout. He was an undrafted FA when he went to the giants and McNally was his coach. I think he will be affordable and can be versitale enough to play OG or OT. Let me know what you think...

Comment:

Petitgout is consistent, durable and experienced. He has some versatility, having played both tackle positions and guard in the NFL. He is tall, rangy and has good first-step quickness. His is smart and has surprisingly good feet for his size. He understands blocking angles and knows how to work defenders. He usually plays in control, rarely overextends and can handle combination moves. He is adept at cut blocking when necessary. He moves laterally with ease and has some natural ability to change directions. He can mirror and slide with most ends and run them past the pocket with his long arms. He is effective on pull and trap blocks and on the second level. His footwork and frame help him close down separation and maintain contact with defenders. But Petitgout lacks ideal power and athleticism. He can get a little upright, and he won't move the pile in the run game. He has some problems against big, strong two-gap linemen. He lacks lower-body explosiveness and isn't a great finisher. He isn't quite quick enough when isolated on the edge.

From the write up he sounds like be a marginal guard prospect but what worry me is the two gap comments especially with us playing in a division with several 4-3/3-4 tweener teams like the Pats, Jets and Dolphins. I'd consider him but he probably go elsewhere in hopes to get bigger money due to his left OT experience he feels he could play the role with another team. I could see a team like the Falcons pursuing him.

He was injured this season & it looks like the reason the Giants cut him is that he might not be ready for the start of this season. I read the Giants would consider re-signing him somewhere in the future. If we could get him at a reasonable price, if the medical staff thinks he'll recover by midseason at the latest, I'd say go for it. He was, after all, a former 1st rounder.

He's not that durable. He has a bad back that is going to bother him for the rest of his career not to mention the broken leg that is on the mend. However, if he would come cheap (doubt it) he would be a great insurance policy on the O-Line.

I've heard that Luke's absence from the Giants is one of the reasons Eli Manning fell apart at the end of the year. That being besides the fact that he sucks!

He's not that durable.

You've got to be kidding me.

Going into his 9th year he has averaged over 14 games a season playing in the trench. In addition to being arguably the most reliable guy on his entire unit for nearly a decade that boy has been a legitimate front line top-tier ballplayer for as long as I've been watching him.

I don't know how serious his first serious injury actually is, but if even if he spends the next year getting his sea legs back, he is still probably going to make some team very glad that they added him to their club.

I'd be pleased as punch if that club turned out to be the Bills.