Bills actively shopping McGahee per ESPN.

CJPearl2

There is some team that would be willing to pay a 1st rounder or at the very least a 2nd rounder. If we don't get that then we are in a worse case scenario because we are going to need 2 RBs and no where to get them from with a 3rd or later pick.

But willis isn't worth a 1st rounder you say?

Not true. For many of us yes, but for some teams he's an attractive option.

Willis is cap friendly right now. No major hit for any team that wants an experienced RB. The team can see how he responds to his contract year on the field and then roll the dice on him. No commitment!

Indy RB Rhodes was mainly a setup guy for adai in the red zone; don't know what he would be like for the full load. Wouldn't want tpo pay that much money to find out.

Add to the fact willis had had national exposure, has the OL and QB as scapegoats, and can give a team like the giants instant credability to assess their team (QB & GM), he has alot of value for the right team.

Someone will pay a 1st rounder for him. But who?

There is some team that would be willing to pay a 1st rounder or at the very least a 2nd rounder. If we don't get that then we are in a worse case scenario because we are going to need 2 RBs and no where to get them from with a 3rd or later pick.

Willis is cap friendly right now. No major hit for any team that wants an experienced RB. The team can see how he responds to his contract year on the field and then roll the dice on him. No commitment!

Indy RB Rhodes was mainly a setup guy for adai in the red zone; don't know what he would be like for the full load. Wouldn't want tpo pay that much money to find out.

Add to the fact willis had had national exposure, has the OL and QB as scapegoats, and can give a team like the giants instant credability to assess their team (QB & GM), he has alot of value for the right team.

The Bills would be very lucky to get a second round pick for Willis!

A first round pick is out of the question.

The Giants are one of the interested teams but won't part with a first day pick.

http://blogs.nydailynews.com/giants/archiv..._on_mcgahee.php

I read that too. Marv should just lay it out there like Reese did and exactly state the minimum of what he expects in return for trading McGahee. That way it squashes all insulting offers like Reese's "second day" pieces. McGahee's ours until someone throws down a "legit" offer. Otherwise it's a waste of time even talking about it.

The Giants are one of the interested teams but won't part with a first day pick.

http://blogs.nydailynews.com/giants/archiv..._on_mcgahee.php

Tom will not take his giants next season with a rookie or unproven RB. The NY media will eat him alive.

As for the "won't part with 1st day picks", thats just posturing on their part. They want to get him as for little as possible. They will pay someone for a RB. Willis is there best choice.

The only thing going for Buffalo is that the Free Agent crop this year is weak. Ahman Green is probably the best available and he intends to try the market in the hopes GB gives him more money.

Peterson and Lynch are options, but they'll be gone before the Giants pick. Unless of course they move up.

Michael Turner is an RFA, and depending on which tag the Chargers give him, his tender will be quite high. Most likely compensation means a 1st, if not a 1st and a 3rd. I don't think the Giants would do that.

McGahee has no leverage in this situation. He's under contract. But if Travis Henry got us a 3rd, I can't imagine Willis will garner us anything higher than that. But by making a move like this, we've opened another hole to fill because we've traded a likely starter for a pick that most likely won't start.

I can live with 21 for this season and see what happens. He needs to prove to the front office that he plays as good a game as he talks. Then, if he plays well and shows something, re-sign him. But dealing him for a mid-rounder might not be worth it. Especially if Buffalo "is on the verge" of doing something in 2007.

As for the "won't part with 1st day picks", thats just posturing on their part. They want to get him as for little as possible. They will pay someone for a RB. Willis is there best choice.

Yep. Those words mean nothing. If the Giants can't trade for someone else they would give up a 2nd rounder for Willis in a heartbeat. And Willis will have a better 2007 than whoever is picked in that slot (and probably better 2007 than who they would pick at #20). They are a team that has to value 2007 contribution more than 2008+. We are a team that can accept a slight downgrade in 2007 value (not much) for increased value beyond 2007. This is a good fit in both directions if we decide to move him, the question is what compensation would be fair for both teams meeting in the middle, or if one team gets the better of the other.

Please, no more Dominic RHodes talk, he isn't as good as Willis, he isn't a number 1 back. Remember Zack Crockett, he's Zack Crockett II

It's a ballsy move on our part. Willis pretty much has to be traded now. Drew Rosenhaus will be spouting off all over the place if it comes to training camp and Willis is still in Buffalo without a contract extension.

Plus, we really don't have a starter on the team right now if Willis is gone. Although, first two rounds of the draft look pretty good for RB's.

Why would someone pay a first round pick for a RB? I have been avoiding doing this due to the length it will take, but lets run through the teams

Miami - Ronnie Brown (Ricky Williams?)

Buffalo - WM

NYJ - Open

Patriots - Maroney (Dillon)

Steelers - Willie Parker

Ravens - Jamal Lewis

Bengals - Rudi

Browns - Open (Droghns)

Indianapolis - Addai (Rhodes)

Houston - Open (Dayne) (Lundy)

Jacksonville - Jones-Drew (Fred Taylor)

Tennessee - Open (Henry) (Chris Brown)

Denver - Mike Bell (Tatum Bell)

Kansas City - Larry Johnson

Oakland - Lamont Jordan

San Diego - LT (Turner)

Dallas - Julius Jones (Barber)

Giants - Open (Jacobs)

Eagles - Westbrook (Buckhalter)

Washington - Portis (Betts) (Duckett)

Chicago - Thomas Jones (Benson)

Detroit - Kevin Jones

Green Bay - Open (A. Green)

Minnesota - Chester Taylor

Atlanta - Dunn (Norwood)

Carolina - D. Williams (D. Foster)

New Orleans - R. Bush (Deuce)

Tampa Bay - C. Williams

Arizona - Edggarin James

San Fran - Frank Gore

Seattle - Alexander (Morris)

St. Louis - Steven Jackson

So, tell me, WHERE can McGahee go?

1) NYJ. No Chance. Not in division

2) Cleveland

3) Houston

4) Tennessee (if Henry leaves)

5) NY Giants

6) Green Bay

Thats it. Six teams need a running back. Maybe throw in Tampa Bay, Denver, Dallas and Detroit. But for now, lets leave them out of it, and assume they will stick with Caddilac, The Bells, JuliusJones/Barber and Kevin Jones.

To fill those six slots, here are the choices

1) Marshawn Lynch

2) Adrian Peterson

3) Michael Bush

4) Kenny Irons

5) Travis Henry

6) Corey Dillon (If he doesnt retire)

7) Ahman Green

8) Corell Buckhalter

9) Ladell Betts

10) Dominick Rhodes

11) Micheal Turner

12) Kevin Barlow

13) Reuben Droghns

14) Fred Taylor

15) Thomas Jones (If Chicago puts him on the market and goes with Benson)

Tell me, how much better is Willis McGahee (honestly) than most of those guys on the list? Might be a little better than some, but most on the above list come FREE. Dominick Rhodes (for no pick) or Willis (for a pick)?

A first rounder folks, is unrealistic. Love it. Want it to happen. I'll eat the paper I wote this on if it happens. I just think its a waste of time discussing it. Because, realistically, it aint happenin'.

It's a ballsy move on our part. Willis pretty much has to be traded now. Drew Rosenhaus will be spouting off all over the place if it comes to training camp and Willis is still in Buffalo without a contract extension.

Plus, we really don't have a starter on the team right now if Willis is gone. Although, first two rounds of the draft look pretty good for RB's.

Drew Rosenhaus has many clients, I expect him to be busy with more important players (guys he can make more money off than Willis).

The guys getting drafted right now are gonna put alot more change in his pocket (Big bonus money) than Willis will renegoitiating. There may be some bluster by Rosenhaus, just to see if he can rattle the Bills, but he won't waste alot of time with a holdout and such.

In fact, if Willis indeed wants to leave (I think this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion, I actually think the Bills are more interested in getting a new back than Willis is in leaving), and things don't get resolved quickly, I could see Willis getting a new agent.

The Bills aren't getting a 1st rounder for Willis, that's dreaming.