Nate Clements is not that good

Champ Bailey, Ronde Barber, Chris Gamble, Asante Samuels, DeAngelo Hall, Deltha O'Neal, Chris McAlister, Shawn Springs, Patrick Surtain, Ty Law, Lito Sheppard, and Terrence Newman. They are all better than NC. They all make more plays, INTs and are better leaders than NC. Feel free to disagree but we aren't losing a Top 5 CB we are losing a Top 15 CB which is NOT that big of a deal espcially with Youboty (who didnt play because of ST not because he wasnt good enough) waiting in the wings with Thomas (who I believe we will resign) and our stud safties.

Champ Bailey, Ronde Barber, Chris Gamble, Asante Samuels, DeAngelo Hall, Deltha O'Neal, Chris McAlister, Shawn Springs, Patrick Surtain, Ty Law, Lito Sheppard, and Terrence Newman. They are all better than NC. They all make more plays, INTs and are better leaders than NC. Feel free to disagree but we aren't losing a Top 5 CB we are losing a Top 15 CB which is NOT that big of a deal espcially with Youboty (who didnt play because of ST not because he wasnt good enough) waiting in the wings with Thomas (who I believe we will resign) and our stud safties.

You better start running in the opposite direction! :thumbsup:

This has to be the most insane thing I have ever seen. Ty Law? THe guy who has been cut by 2 teams in the past 2 years? Sheppard? Newman? Gamble? O'Neal? Surtain (old!), BARBER???? This must be a joke. I have to go walk a while and lower my blood pressure.

Didn't you notice that Nate gave up a total of about four receptions for 13 yards against the opposition's #1 receivers in his last six games (sarcasm). Now, whether he was motivated by a big contract is another thing. But, from the above list, if i had to choose, I would take...Champ bailey and Chris McAlister....that's it! The rest is too funny. Shawn Springs? Chris Gamble? Terrance Newman?

D'Angelo Hall gets burned too often..but I put him right behind Nate becasue he hasn't reached his potential yet.

are u even a bills fan u cant be. the only corners better than nate are champ and maybe asante. chris gamble deltha oneal patrick surtain r u kidding me?

A Playmaker comparison of some of those names. Terrence Newman, Deangelo Hall I won't do strictly because they're vastly overrated. Deangelo Hall can be counted on for big plays for the other team. Deltha O'neal. <_<. As Daquixers said Law has been cut by 2 teams in the past 2 years. He's also a penalty machine. Surtain is as slow as Sammy Knight is now. Shawn Springs I liked a lot, however the guy is real injury prone and should be moved to safety. Sheppard is a decent corner but he's not near the tackler Nate Clements is. So here's a playmaker comparison comparison. Based strictly on stats. If I had the ability availble to me to compare coverage ability I would supply that info. However since you brought up what you think are people who "Make more plays" I'll simply use that criteria. Judge for yourselves.

Nate Clements vs Champ Bailey

Champ Bailey(8yrs)- 69.8 tackles per year. 1 career sack. 39ints. 4.8ints per year. Really boosted up in his last 2 years with 8 and 10 ints. before that averaged 3.5 per year. 425 int return yards for a 10.9 return average. 4 career tds. 97 passes defensed or 12 passes defensed per year. 5 career forced fumbles. Averages 5.5 turnover plays per season.

Nate Clements(6yrs) - 72 tackles per year. 1.5 career sacks. 23ints 3.8ints per year. 341 return yards for a 14.8 int return average. 7 career tds. 5 on int's 2 punt returns. 61 passes defensed 10.1 per season. 13 career forced fumbles. Averages 6 turnover plays per season

Nate Clements vs Ronde Barber

Ronde Barber(9 Year starter)- 87 tackles per season 20 career sacks. 31ints. 3.4 per year. 552 return yards 17.8 return average. 5 career tds. 107 passes defensed.11.8 per year. 11 career forced fumbles. Averages 4.6 turnover plays per season

Nate Clements(6yrs) - 72 tackles per year. 1.5 career sacks. 23ints 3.8ints per year. 341 return yards for a 14.8 int return average. 7 career tds. 5 on int's 2 punt returns. 61 passes defensed 10.1 per season. 13 career forced fumbles. Averages 6 turnover plays per season

Nate Clements vs Asante Samuel

Asante Samuel(4yrs)- 47 tackles per year. No sacks. 16ints. 4 per year. 224 return yards for 14 yard average. 43 passes defensed. 10.75 per season. 4 career forced fumbles. Averages 5 turnover causing plays per season

Nate Clements vs Chris Mcallister

Chris McAlister(8 yrs)- 49 tackles per season. 0 career sacks. 22 ints. 2.75 per year. 458 return yards for 20.8 return averages. 6 career tds. 5 ints and 1 fumble recovery. 99 passes defensed. 12.4 per season. 1 career forced fumble. Averages 2.8 turnover plays per season.

The only people off your list that are above nate are Bailey and McAlister. Bailey I have never been a big fan of but he has improved in the area I thoiught he was rather weak in covering the deep route. I'd rank him and Mcalister above Nate.

This has to be the most insane thing I have ever seen. Ty Law? THe guy who has been cut by 2 teams in the past 2 years? Sheppard? Newman? Gamble? O'Neal? Surtain (old!), BARBER???? This must be a joke. I have to go walk a while and lower my blood pressure.

Barber is a very good CB and I could see someone thinking he is a better player than Clements. You're right on most of the others though.