Why should we spend our money??

BuffBills#1

So basically we're going to loose a top 5 corner in Clements, our Defensive leader in Fletcher, our starting DE who showed a lot of improvement. We're also not going to spend money like every other team in the league to upgrade a defense that was one of the worst in the league. Instead we're going to sign 4 or 5 mid tier player (ex: Robert Royal). I wouldn't have as big a problem with the lack of spending we're going to do if we were to resign Clements, but we're not. We're loosing 3 of our better starters from our terrible defense, so how the hell are we going to get better???

So basically we're going to loose a top 5 corner in Clements, our Defensive leader in Fletcher, our starting DE who showed a lot of improvement. We're also not going to spend money like every other team in the league to upgrade a defense that was one of the worst in the league. Instead we're going to sign 4 or 5 mid tier player (ex: Robert Royal). I wouldn't have as big a problem with the lack of spending we're going to do if we were to resign Clements, but we're not. We're loosing 3 of our better starters from our terrible defense, so how the hell are we going to get better???

Just stop please.

All you "Chicken Little" crackheads need to relax and lay off the starbucks.

Find a team that is willing to spend money, then go be a fan of them, it will make you feel much better

Maybe the reason they are not willing to spend the money on those players is because the coaching staff and management feel it is unnecsary to have a type 5 corner in a defence that doesn't require one, and the rest are replacable by players that can come cheaper, so money is better spent elsewhere. Its not like this was one of the best defences in the league last year. Everyone is replaceable

Can we stop with all the Patriots comparisons. We are no where near the Patriots, and the only way we can do what the Patriots do is by having the best quarterback in the game to make it all work. All I am saying is that if this team has a bad year what happens next? It's been the same thing for the last 7 years, when is it going to change?

Can we stop with all the Patriots comparisons. We are no where near the Patriots, and the only way we can do what the Patriots do is by having the best quarterback in the game to make it all work. All I am saying is that if this team has a bad year what happens next? It's been the same thing for the last 7 years, when is it going to change?

Let it be #1.

It's all they have to hold onto. :lol:

so you want to get rid of JP ????

Brady is only oneplayer, and without a team around him, theres no way they win any championships. Why should we stop wishing and comparing this team to the Patriots? They are a successful franchise recently and have found a way to stay successful. Would you prefer the Bills to model themselves after washington? Atleast this way all the Doom and Gloomers will have a couple weeks of optimisum atthe start of the season before it all comes crashing back down. They could overspend on every penny for Big names that will carry us to greatness, until the egos clash and everyone only plays for themselves and not as a team and it all falls apart every year.

Its going to change when a solid foundation is built, which they are currently doing right now. Sure its been 7 years, but you can't bloame Marv for 6 of those years since he has onlybeen building his team for one freakin year.

Just stop please.

All you "Chicken Little" crackheads need to relax and lay off the starbucks.

Agreed. Everyone needs to relax. Everyone is panicking like I said for no reason at all. Things will work out. Marv knows what he's doing. We're just not used to it because it's been so long since this team has shown improvement during a season. RELAX!

If you listen to the press conference the knock on London was that he just pursued and did not attack. Marv said it a couple times. I think the team likes Ashton. I think they are willing to give up Nate. Besides a lot of you hate Nate the first half of the year. I believe the front office is still building for the future which means they may have to let some talent go if it cost to much. I am ok with that as long as we are building and not just tryin to maintain what we have.

No, I'm a JP fan and I like him alot, but he is no where close to Tom Brady. With the right supporting cast I think he could be a top 10 Qb and can get this team to the playoffs as a wild card team. However, if you surround him with a bad O-line, a bad defense, and you aren't willing to dish out the money to bring in the neccesary tolls to help him then he has no chance in this league. The Patriots do what they do because Tom Brady is that good. The Bills simply can not do what the Patriots do and expect to succeed. I guess the only thing we can hope for is for us to get extremely lucky in the draft, and hope that McCargo turns into a stud.

Such a fine line between insanity and genius no? On the one hand, we got such a bad D, yet people are worried we are going to change it? Now, If this D was ranked, or even played, like an elite D i could see the panic.

OTOH, i agree Nate was a special player last 7 weeks of the season, not so much first nine. The other two, are we really getting upset by Kelsey leaving? Must missed all the posts before this week that he was key to us making the playoffs? And do we really need to sign a 33 old LB to a long term contract?

Motion seconded, with an amendment that we wait until after the draft before we start complaining about things that haven't happened yet.

The way I understand it, season ticket money isn't due until May 1st, i.e. after the draft. Until then, the deposit is refundable. Any confirmation on this?