Losman will MAKE or BREAK next season

Next season is tuff but the bills proved during the second half that handcuffing Losman to low risk plays can even give a mediocre team like the bills a chance to win every game. Losman did improve over the second half; lets face it, his first half was pitiful, so any improvement would have been leaps and bound.

I do like Losman because he did improve and we don't have anything else. I feel that Losman is a better QB than philip rivers, minus the talent around him.

My main concern is if he will regress like Eli manning and Rex grossman. The bills schedule next season will be the toughest (funny that they had the toughest this season).

So forget about the draft picks, free agency or whatever.

Losman's decisions will make the OL look good or inept; the amount of time he keeps the offense on the field with the chains moving will make the defense intense and fierce, or lethargic and inept if they are on too much.

Bills already have the field position (punting) and FG points in their pocket.

Can Losman rise to the occasion and take the bills to the next step?

That is the only questions that the Bills fan have to ask; the Draft and free agency is just a smokescreen.

Lets go Losman!!!!

Free agency and the draft has a huge impact on Losman's play, ability to make plays, stats, health, virtually everything. The better the OL, which can only be improved through FA and the draft, the more time he has to throw, the more yards on the ground they get which helps the passing game immeasurably, the more first downs we get which greatly affects stats. The list is endless. Did you not notice the improvement in his play after the improvement of the line? It was completely parallel.

So forget about the draft picks, free agency or whatever.

Can Losman rise to the occasion and take the bills to the next step?

That is the only questions that the Bills fan have to ask; the Draft and free agency is just a smokescreen.

That's a highly simplistic assessment. Look at how Jason Peters move to LT made a difference to the offence's performance last year. Imagine what an improved OL through the draft and free agency could do to enhance JP's performance. Marv keying in on the OL in his press conference was gratifying. The team also needs improved run stuffing ability up front.

Free agency and the draft has a huge impact on Losman's play, ability to make plays, stats, health, virtually everything. The better the OL, which can only be improved through FA and the draft, the more time he has to throw, the more yards on the ground they get which helps the passing game immeasurably, the more first downs we get which greatly affects stats. The list is endless. Did you not notice the improvement in his play after the improvement of the line? It was completely parallel.

Is there a stat available that totals the number of times the QB threw the ball away or just swallowed it as a sack?

I would wager that the 2nd half showed much larger totals in surrendering the play.

When a QB does that, it doesn't make the OL look bad (remember that idiot rob johnson few years back; mr sack)

Losman also showed some incrediable ability to shake off a potential sack when an opposing team had a hand on him; I really liked that quality that he showed in the second half; didn't get the credit he deserved for that tho.

Yeah, the draft and free agency are going to help him, but it's like a car race. The better wheels, transmission and body will help you win, but you gotta have the engine in the first place.

Manning and Rivers were more "pro-ready", while the consensus on JP was that he was raw with a ton of upside. Well, thankfully JP immersed himself into the job and the city, and now he's on the verge of taking his place among the better QBs in football - not to mention his draft class.

I really waivered on JP until Jauron came out and admitted that they were forcing him to stay in the pocket and adapt, and then as they gradually let him loose he began to really shine. I, for one, think he'll continue to evolve into a top QB, and I think he'll be here for the next ten years.

I think Losman is the KEY to the next year. He finally has some talent around him, talent he has played with for some time. I think we will see his jitters die down even more with Peters watching his back and his Oline staying, mostly, together this offseason. Working with the same players for many years can really improve a team. I think he will do better than Rex and Eli because he is not in a major media market or on a team people are expecting to make playoffs, if not contend for a top seed. I hear he is already in Buffalo working with the team, so take that as you will. I think we all want to see J.P. stay around because he seems like a hard worker and a guy who is willing to except the blame when he make mistakes. Also, look where he went to school. I am not saying that is a huge excuse for his struggles early on, but Tulane is not in a BCS Conf., thus lacking some of the coaching those schools have to prep players for the pro game.

JP has Pro Bowls (and hopefully Super Bowls) in his future.

This season even if they don't add anyone, the offense will be way better. Not only will JP have a better grasp of the offense (it will only be his second year with Fairchild, who will also be in his own 2nd year as an OC) but he will have alot more plays to choose from, and more options like No-huddle and better audibles.

I lived in San Diego for Drew Brees' first seasons. Man, the whole town wanted to kill him. They drafted Rivers #1 because they HATED Brees. It takes a little time to get up to speed in the NFL. JP will be BETTER than Brees. I can't wait until his 6th season, he will be in his prime then.

This season JP will be 26. Jim Kelly was 26 when he played his FIRST season for the Bills.

If we can get good D and O lines, Jp will be great this year.

One of your best posts....... :rolleyes:

Seriously......I really hope that most of us can see the simple science behind JP Losman and his efficiancy.....

- Time in the pocket PLUS a solid running game equals great games from Losman

- Games where he is getting shallacked from up the middle pressure or blitzers running free equals bad games from Losman

Seriously....it is time to improve our lines

word...