What about this guy for Right Tackle?

Tipster19

I don't know if the Bills are looking for a RT. I think they like what they have in Pennington and Butler.

Marv certainly left room for interpretation, but my take was that he was saying they are looking to give the two youngsters a shot but will at least consider bringing in someone.

Saints' T Jon Stinchcomb. Maybe I'm wrong but I do believe a UFA. Any info or input would be welcomed.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/playerbio.cfm?playerid=110

Last year was his first year as a starter and did well. Prior to last year he only only saw action in 10 games with 0 starts. He definately has upside and be worth considering but I'd personally pass because of the lack of experience as think might be out of price range.

I think he was listed a RFA but maybe I'm wrong

He was listed as a RFA on theredzone.org list I saw, I think because he missed the entire 2005 season on IR so he might only be credit for playing three NFL seasons even though he's been in the league for four. I know when last read it the NFLplayers website mentioned a player must have accrured four NFL seasons to become an UFA so it leaves up to interpretation.

Marv certainly left room for interpretation, but my take was that he was saying they are looking to give the two youngsters a shot but will at least consider bringing in someone.

I'm all for bringing in someone to compete with Pennington for the starting Right OT position but don't see it as a priority and that's why think Floyd Womack should be considered. I know Womack's been injury prone as well but think would cost less then Stinchcomb and offers more flexibility as he has also seen some duty playing OG. Todd Fordham might also be a guy to consider as a backup OT yet if the Bills are going to pursue someone to supplant Pennington then the guy we should look at is Tony Pashos of the Ravens.

It doesnt make sense that a guy wouldnt get a year accrued for being on IR. Since many teams put players on IR who will be healthy later in teh season. This more is used to RESERVE injured players, the idea being that you can REPLACE them with someone else on your roster without losing the player to another team. I believe that if it were the case that a year wouldnt count if a player didnt play a single down I would assume that the players union would be up in arms about it on account of hte fact that so many players get hurt playing football and their careers on average are so short.

That being said I believe that Stinchcomb was a 2003 draftee, thus making him a UFA.

I think hed be a great signing, he may be able to play guard too, im not sure. I believe that before last year it was uncertain if he would even make the team due to the injury history and whatnot, which (and correct me if Im wrong), left him considering leaving football behind to go to med school.

Who wouldnt want a potential med student on the Offensive Line? I believe that on average OL score highest on the wonderlic and intelligence is integral to quality play.